> FAQ, ask, and thou shalt recieve!
TSS
Posted: December 01, 2004 09:21 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Group: Members

QUOTE (Pascal @ Dec 1 2004, 08:10 PM)
Next Question:
When will player zombies be able to infect marines and other players?

most likely in a future patch. as for now, just enjoy the killing.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
TSS
Posted: December 02, 2004 01:06 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

new question! possibly the most asked question to date, so it deserves its own post.

- Will BB ever go source?

asked alot, and the awnser is: if brainbread is played enough itll be considerd. better yet, straight from lord scottish:

We're thinking about it, atm it's not yet decided. I myself would like BB source a lot, I think barricading a house would be very fun with HL2s physics  cool.gif
KillerKlown
Posted: December 02, 2004 02:01 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

QUOTE (Pascal @ Dec 1 2004, 02:20 AM)
I wish to know the knames of the servers whom save information permenantly! I COMMAND IT!

I put up a listen server pretty much every night sometime between 8pm-7am (US Eastern time), called Klown's 4 person listen Brainbread server, and I've had it set to permanently remember stats for awhile. Fills up quickly, usually, though.

--------------------
Twenty years in the making...
On June 24, 2005, the last humans on earth will wage a final fight for survival against a global army of the undead.
George A. Romero's Land Of The Dead
PMEmail Poster
SimonS
Posted: December 02, 2004 02:05 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

QUOTE (KillerKlown @ Dec 2 2004, 01:01 PM)
I wish to know the knames of the servers whom save information permenantly! I COMMAND IT!

I put up a listen server pretty much every night sometime between 8pm-7am (US Eastern time), called Klown's 4 person listen Brainbread server, and I've had it set to permanently remember stats for awhile. Fills up quickly, usually, though.

Yea, i have seen your server, i once entered it biggrin.gif
Keep it goin'!

--------------------
user posted image
-=SPITFIRE-NUKE=- <--My website
(Maps:)
--------------------------------
ss_Fieldust Download (CS:S)
bb_ss_gashop 5% (BrainBread) Pics soon
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
X3-N07
Posted: December 02, 2004 06:12 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

booohoo sad.gif i cant join it

--------------------
I like me.
PMEmail Poster
|2enegade
  Posted: December 03, 2004 03:55 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Thanks for the pin!
Two more questions to add and answer:

- Why do players get angry at me when I kill them when I am a zombie (or when they are a zombie)?

This is because on a lot of servers it is the "unconfirmed" norm that player zombies should attack NPC (non-player controlled) units only (i.e. marines). Likewise human players should refrain from shooting zombie player.

-Okay, but why is that?

I guess you could call it common courtesy, or in the best interest of all players. You see, in order for zombie players to become human they must kill humans. Since it is easier to take down a burst-firing-less-than-intelligent-marine rather than a player, player zombies often target NPCs. Similarily, human players know that if they are to continually kill a zombie player every time he tries to kill NPCs he will never regain his "humanhood". Thus some players make a "pact" of sorts so that zombie players only attack NPCs and human players only attack NPCs. This way zombie players don't have to get aggrivated over the fact that they get killed by a player everytime they try to kill an NPC. Likewise, human players don't have to get aggrivated over the fact that they constantly are getting killed by zombie players while trying to complete an objective etc. Since there is no "common goal" for zombies (being a zombie is just a period of "punishment" before returning human, rather than a designated "team of play") it does not make sense for zombie players to deliberately try to obstruct human players from completing objectives.

-Okay, I understand, but what if I want to have fun, the other ppl can follow their own rules.

Then a problem is created. Who do player humans know who to shoot? If a player complying with the "pact" decides not to shoot you and let you go about your business killing NPCs, but then you turn around and claw him in the back, he wont know who to shoot next time. If next time he sees another player zombie and kills him, he may have killed a zombie player complying with the "pact" and thus pissed him off and stopped him from killing an NPC. This in-turn, screws up the "pact" and results in total confusion over which players to shoot and which not to.

-Then why do I sometimes see player zombies kill other players even if they agree with the pact?

This is because it is the end of the mission. After completion of the entire mission, your are cast into spectator mode and given an option of playing zombie. It is mutually acceptable that after all objectives are complete, players can opt out of spectating and have fun by playing zombie since all objectives are complete and they won't be hindering any human players from completing any further objectives.

My temporary recommendation for solving this issue is that servers should specify whether or not they are "NPC killing only" or not. My long-term solution is that player zombies should have some *incentive* to kill human players and vice verca. I.E. the only way to return human is by killing players only etc.

Second question:
-Will the GOREgous system ever be implemented with player models?

--------------------
KillerKlown
  Posted: December 03, 2004 01:53 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

QUOTE (SimonS @ Dec 2 2004, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (KillerKlown @ Dec 2 2004, 01:01 PM)

Yea, i have seen your server, i once entered it biggrin.gif
Keep it goin'!

Cool, I added the final version of termoil last night to the map rotation and noticed before I did only 2 other servers were running it, kinda surprised at that, figured more admins would be eager to add a new map, maybe they just weren't running it at the time. I also tried to add music, but I'm not sure if it worked or not, I heard it, but nobody told me if they did when I asked, at least one was german though. If you ever see me running slaywatch and there's an open slot u should definitely join, I often put low grav on so you can get to special spots like the balcony on the left, plus it makes it a more fun map overall. And now I know not to set gravity to 0, it crashes the server.

--------------------
Twenty years in the making...
On June 24, 2005, the last humans on earth will wage a final fight for survival against a global army of the undead.
George A. Romero's Land Of The Dead
PMEmail Poster
TSS
Posted: December 03, 2004 04:00 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

another question awnserd, thanks to Itachi for this!

- There's too many blood! how can i decrease it?

QUOTE (Itachi @ Dec 3 2004, 03:51 AM)
Heres my instructions to all who wish to reduce the amount of blood that you see when you shoot a zombie, whether it be in the head or to the chest.

1) Find the partsys folder in your BrainBread folder

2) Locate the blood.cfg file & open it

3)Locate the line where it says Size....

4) Replace the numbers with a lower number eg. size 5 5 // x and y size

5) Do the same for bloodhead.cfg

I hope this has helped people who find the blood distracting

thanks again, Itachi, for this guide.
|2enegade
Posted: December 04, 2004 02:22 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

How do I run a *dedicated* server??
To be more specific: How do I set up a dedicated server through my router.

- I have forwarded all the Half-life ports to my server/computer
- I have installed the Windows BB server

But I don't know how to start a dedicated server, and even with a listen server, people cannot connect. No matter what I do, my server IP address is always 192.168.1.100 which is the internal IP address for my computer on my LAN, not my WAN IP address. Someone please help me!

--------------------
Itachi
Posted: December 04, 2004 09:18 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

OOooo you've included one of my how to, but what about the Stat pts one? or is it already included in the FAQ or something similar to it?

--------------------
.: I am the instrument of your destruction :.
PMEmail Poster
TSS
Posted: December 04, 2004 03:05 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

stats points should already be in the faq because its indeed frequently asked.

about the dedicated server: i dont know much about setting up dedicated servers because ive only hosted listen servers. what i do know, though, is that people need to connect on your external IP. not the ip the router is giving you.

go to http://checkip.dyndns.org/ , and itll tell you your external IP, the one your connected to the internet with. all i know is that people need to connect on that.
koostis
Posted: December 06, 2004 09:04 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

BB:Source would be a hard word. i really hope that it will be released to source in future. happy.gif

--------------------
BRAINBREAD IS GOING TO BE THE WALK OF YOUR UNTIL-NOW WORTHLESS LIFE

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
TSS
Posted: December 06, 2004 10:14 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

another update! i looked through the questions forum, and added what questions i thought that wherent in yet.

- How come if i rejoin a server i get all my old XP back? and how come i dont after a certain time?

brainbread has the option of saving your XP, atleast a server has that option. in the server.cfg file, or listenserver.cfg file, you can set the time you wish to save somebody's XP. that time can range form 24 hours till -1 hours, meaning permenantly. 0 to turn it off.

- why wont the grunts follow me?

the grunts seem to be smarter then the survivors, and stay within the safety of their barricades where they have plenty of guns and ammo to fend off the zombie hordes. they are your allies, tough, if you want to go complete objectives your own your own. or ofcourse, be with other survivors.

- can i enter the blackhawk/tank?

no, you cant. the tank and blackhawk are there for help/extraction, but you cant enter them. stay out of the tanks way though, because it will still drive over you.

- can brainbread be installed without steam?

yes and no. to be honest we dont know. it might work with WON, but WON is dead so it most likely wont work over the internet. i dont know about lan's, but, to play on the internet you *MUST* install steam.

- how do i increase the time limit?

basicly just increasing the time the map lasts in your create game menu.

- i have admin mod but it doesnt seem to work with BB. also metamod is malfunctioning.

thats because admin mod and metamod do not have brainbread support yet. maybe they wil ladd that in the future, i dont know, but at the time of writing they dont.

- are there any explosives?

not in the initial release, but, explosives are coming. when though, i dont know, possibly in the 1.1 patch.

- where can i alter a server's configuration?

most standard options of a server you can edit in the create game menu. however, some other functions haven't been included yet. though they can be set by editing values in the server.cfg for dedicated servers, and listenserver.cfg for anything else.

- the blood is nice, but too much for my taste. how can i lower it?

straight from the man Spin:
you can edit the cfg files in brainbread\partsys
they define every aspect of the blood particle systems

- when i stand on cars, the zombies stop following. why is that?

because of the infection, the zombies have lost all higher brain functions. thus, the ability to climb, jump, crouch, even sprint. so, whenever your out of their reach, say untop of a car or up a ladder, they will stop following. however once you get to a level more their reach they will persue you once more.

- there's a red bar beneath your stats and everything. what is it for?

that would be the red Experience bar. once it fills up, it gives you a stat point, which you can use to enhance your speed, damage or hitpoints.

- why cant i pick up the flame thrower? or the minigun?

they need a few points in your Skill before your able to pick them up.

- can you give me a detailed explenation of the HUD?

sure, coming right up. screenshot (400 KBs, takes time to load):

user posted image

Nekrotzar
Posted: December 06, 2004 10:43 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

I like the HUD one, but some questions have already been answered in earlier posts and you've got at least one question twice:
- when i stand on cars, the zombies stop following. why is that?

and
- why do the zombies stop following me when im ontop of a car?
Guess it's been a long day, eh? happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
TSS
Posted: December 06, 2004 10:48 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

yes, a long day. long loong day. looooong day.

7 hours of sleep with a 8 hour sleeping piull followed by 8 hours school followed by the fact that i still cant play BB online till the patch is out because of the startup bug dry.gif ohwell.

Pages: 1234>»»
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll