Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Not Even Death Can Save You, A story put together for school
mrchace
Posted: November 11, 2006 03:23 am
Quote Post

Co-Lead Elite Betatester

Group: Moderators

Automatic fire echoed from the building next door, an explosion went off and I assumed it was a fragmentation grenade released from one of the revolutionaries. I shouldered my USMC M4OA1 sniper rifle and set the scope to 10X magnification, the bodies of 3 revolutionaries materialized into one as they jumped towards me through the scope. I could see the grenades one was carrying, where his sidearm was located and I could have seen the expression on his face if he had turned around. I surveyed the battleground before me, taking into account all cover that was available and all possible places an ambush could be set up, which could have been a waste of my time, considering the fact the things we were facing probably didn't possess enough intellect to coordinate such attacks.

Automatic fire continued to ring from our neighbors for about 30 minutes, which was a long time for a battle, considering most only took a few seconds. Several minutes after the shots died down, a lieutenant stepped into the room. No one saluted, doing so could reveal the officers status and importance to the enemy, regardless if our enemies barely had the intelligence to open a door, saluting to a commanding officer on the field could result in a court marshal. Lance Corporal-- he paused and consulted the sheet of paper that lay limply in his hands. -Kyle E. Wood, report to HQ immediately

Roger that I replied and clicked the safety on my rifle, slung it over my shoulder, and double timed it to HQ next door.

The bodies of the deceased where still being carried out of the interior of the building, they were being dumped to create a barrier of rotten flesh in the ally between the two buildings. The few casualties of our own where laid on soft dirt to be interred. I entered the building, the entrance room, which was covered by military reconnaissance equipment, weapons, body armor, and med kits, was also filled with several barricades of sand bags, with marines behind fortifying the locations. Everything in the entrance room was covered in blood and strewn about, some Privates where mopping up the mess. I walked through the entrance to the next section and double timed it up the stairs. The Field Commander's office was lavishly decorated and commodious. It was well lit with a chandelier that hung from the center ceiling. The Commander was sitting at his desk, computing data and field strategies on his laptop. Sir, reporting as ordered Sir. The Commander didn't look up, leaving me with my fingers at a salute on my forehead for more then 5 minutes, I felt them go numb just as he said At ease son I let my arms fall and then clasp each other behind my back.

I noticed two military men stood guard at the door behind me, they stood straighter then I thought were possible, Probably from years and years of boot camp most military recruits were required to attend before being admitted to fight on the front lines. I had been one of the lucky ones, or so I thought. I never had to attend boot camp, but I have come to notice that the others that have, posses a higher stamina then me, more military Martinet, and a higher decree of existence that I could never attain.

The Commander looked up at me, looked into my eyes, stood up, and began my briefing I am First Lieutenant Jacob A. Donner, I'm Field Commander of this operation. I've read a lot about you son, you past military exploits in Alpha Base, and your success with Fire Team Charlie. I feel there is no better man suited for this mission He looked me up and down as if it verify what he was saying. He took a pipe from the inside of his jacket, lit it, and continued There have been reports of Civilian survivors at the old Grand motel south of our position. We need you to infiltrate the building, and return with minimal civilian casualties. We need every man and woman we can get. Do you understand your mission Sergeant? a promotion? Quite unheard of as of late.

Sir, will I be accomplishing this mission alone sir I asked

Yes he replied We need every man we have on point defense, if we lose these buildings, we lose our hold on humanity

His answer hit with a cold realization, we were surrounded on all sides by hostile forces, we may well be the last living humans on earth, and I was headed into enemy territory, lightly armed and alone. My chances of survival were slim. I saluted, and headed towards the equipment load out room.

I had switched my USMC M4OA1 sniper rifle for a M16A2 standard issue rifle, and a M-9 Handgun, I was in for mostly close quarter assaults ahead of me, street battles and interior buildings. I grabbed 10 clips for my assault rifle, and 5 clips for my handgun. I slid a magazine into the handle of the pistol and heard it click as it slid home, I shoved it into my waist holster, slipped a clip into the rifle, and slung it over my shoulder. I grabbed 3 grenades and a combat knife. I ran my gloved finger across the razor sharp edge of the blade before slipping it into my boot for safe keeping. I obviated for the upcoming battles by grabbing a radio, just in case things got hairy. I looked over food and provisions for the battle and was stuck between the choice of the much better tasting, but heavier load of the actual food, or the dry, light pills that was suppose to substitute a meal in battle situations. I waived my obvious distaste for the pills for their light weight, grabbed 20 of them, with a few battle stimulants and headed out of HQ. The last thing i would remember of that place, were the somber faces of the soon dead revolutionaries, looking back at me as I left on my last mission.

It had been several hours since I last saw a human being. There had been many of those...Things out here. I seemed to shamble about without any direction, it didn't seem they had a conscious, any thought processes, nothing but hunger. I couldn't fathom how that would feel, and I didn't try. I had avoided most combat in fear of my vociferous rifle attracting to much attention.

I turned into an ally between what used to be a sub shop and what used to be a library. I walked at a cautious pace through the ally, rifle shouldered and the safety clicked off. I inched my way around a corner. Before me lay a scene of absolute horror, there were several mangled bodies, one of them was still writhing in pain as the squalid beasts tore the flesh from her bones. Unfortunately, I was able to discern the extent of the damages to her body, she should have been dead. I drew my side arm and fired a single bullet into her head, putting her out of her misery forever, I quickly holstered my weapon and, shouldering my assault rifle, fired several controlled bursts into the voluminous group of rotten flesh. Several of the creatures fell to the ground in a shamble of body parts and blood. I heard a scream as a civilian accidentally implicated herself into the chaos that exhumed in front of us. With an abhorred look pasted on her face, the shambling bag of rotten flesh closest to her, buffeted her across the face, breaking her neck and killing her instantly, seconds later, bullets tore through the monsters chest, allowing his innards to jump free of his flesh.

I took several steps forward, looking for more targets, not finding any, I let my guard down. That was a big mistake. As soon as i did, i felt a warm liquid spill on my leg, i looked down, noticing one of the monsters had puked all over my fatigues, i slammed my boot down on his face. The corrosive liquid began to eat away at my pants, it didn't do too much damage because they were so thick, but enough to the point I found it necessary to amend the holes to provide at least a little protection. One bite, one scratch could infect me, I wasn't going to take the chance. I kicked the body for its reprehensible decision to puke all over me and continued on.

I was still a few blocks away from the hotel. It had taken me awhile to get the few blocks progress I had made because I was walking at a highly cautious pace, I took no chances, one hit, on kill. I kicked down a door to the coffe shop. I was going to search the place to find some actual food, I was going to look for every possiblility of avoiding the injestion of those damned pills. Within the building I found one renegade zombie, it appeared as though he lost his hoard, he would pay dearly for his stupidity. 3 rounds was enough to put him down, and 3 more in the head was enough to keep him down.

I moved my way around a display case of food. I opened up the back and peered in, ever piece of food was writhing with insects. I slammed the back of it shut and went around to the freezer, the food in there had to be good. I pushed the handle down and pulled the door open. Inside lay 3 fresh bodies. No rotting and they didn't have any distinguishing marks on them. I stepped closer and eyed the face of the closest one. Our faces were inches from each other, i looked at her closed eye lids, and suddenly they opened....

To be continued.

This post has been edited by mrchace on November 11, 2006 03:24 am

--------------------

There are a few reasons I don't visit the forums as often as I used to, they are as follows:

1) I really don't have a lot of time.

2) My hardrive is failing

3) The forums honestly frustrate me to a point I cannot stand it, I've tried to help, I've tried to set people straight, but apparently, the health of these forums only matters to a few people. Thats just sad, most of us have grown along with these forums and along BB and frankly its disgusting to see the way you guys act sometimes...

until you pull your acts together, don't expect to see me around much.

WHERE IS MY DELETE POST FUNCTION!?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Elite viking
Posted: November 18, 2006 02:53 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Very nicely written. I liked this story a lot!
Nicely detailed, plenty of descriptions, no writing errors as I could see. Good job.
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: November 18, 2006 09:38 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Group: BB:S Team

Looks good i scanned it briefly would be better if you made smaller sections would make me wanna thoroughley read it and not scan it!

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
mrchace
Posted: November 27, 2006 02:04 pm
Quote Post

Co-Lead Elite Betatester

Group: Moderators

Allright guys thanks for the feedback. Next section coming soon.

--------------------

There are a few reasons I don't visit the forums as often as I used to, they are as follows:

1) I really don't have a lot of time.

2) My hardrive is failing

3) The forums honestly frustrate me to a point I cannot stand it, I've tried to help, I've tried to set people straight, but apparently, the health of these forums only matters to a few people. Thats just sad, most of us have grown along with these forums and along BB and frankly its disgusting to see the way you guys act sometimes...

until you pull your acts together, don't expect to see me around much.

WHERE IS MY DELETE POST FUNCTION!?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Xemo
Posted: November 28, 2006 03:58 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Group: Members

I like it..Not that I'm really anybody to judge a piece of writing.Very detailed.. smile.gif

--------------------
Smashie.>.>
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll