Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Pages: 12  [ Go to first unread post ]
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> PEO_Street, Pics, Details, and Downloads for all!
Security Corporate
  Posted: July 08, 2006 01:29 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

One of three maps I'm working on is finally finished! Before I go in-depth, let me give you some eye candy:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Purpose:

This map, PEO_Street is one I'll be using as a key scene in my comic Public Enemy: Origins. It's a rather small map, but I put lots of hard work and detail into it.

Features:

The map itself features 3 main buildings, 2 alley ways, and a brick wall covering the other side of the map. In the middle of the street, there's a busted up car with two artillery shelled holes under it. The map comes with a friendly metrocop (or Cybercon Enforcer if you've read the comic) with pistol drawn, looking over the scene. Speaking of which, any metrocop you spawn will be friendly due to the ai_relationship I made in the map.

Download:

If some of you find this map usefull in any future comic or screenshot making with Gmod, you can download it here.

To install the map, simply place the file in "maps" in your Gmod folder.

Things I'll work on in the Future:

PEO_Street is pretty much done. I just need to improve the lighting because some areas are just too dark. The only reason why the pics are bright is because I edited them. I wanted you all to see the details you know. Its better ingame though. Expect the other two maps by the end of the summer or Semptember.

Enjoy!

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on July 08, 2006 01:34 am
PM
hunter
Posted: July 08, 2006 01:23 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

The maps looking great! But no street isnt complete without a sidewalk. I think it would look cool and more realistic with that addition to it. Also you could then place things on the side walk, just look at css_assault and the side walk will be packed with objects which make it look nice, eg phone booths, bins and seats.

Dont get my wrong i like the map but i would like to help you make it even more awsome.

This post has been edited by hunter on July 08, 2006 01:24 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Keyes
Posted: July 08, 2006 02:10 pm
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Group: Moderators

That looks pretty damn awesome! Downloading now biggrin.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: July 08, 2006 11:00 pm
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

QUOTE (hunter @ Jul 8 2006, 05:23 AM)
The maps looking great! But no street isnt complete without a sidewalk. I think it would look cool and more realistic with that addition to it. Also you could then place things on the side walk, just look at css_assault and the side walk will be packed with objects which make it look nice, eg phone booths, bins and seats.

Dont get my wrong i like the map but i would like to help you make it even more awsome.

Didn't really think about sidewalks. I'll put one by the buildings. I'd put another by the grass but the displacement might interfere or something. We'll see.
PM
Elite viking
Posted: July 08, 2006 11:18 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Dl'ed and ready to go.

Oly thing I can see that would spice this map up is some props. Litter and the like, as Hunter said. But that is addable in gmod so it's not that important wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
hunter
Posted: July 08, 2006 11:24 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Didn't really think about sidewalks. I'll put one by the buildings. I'd put another by the grass but the displacement might interfere or something. We'll see.

Cool cool also dont put many cars in, there all wrecked which doesnt look good on the streets.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Blue Summer
Posted: July 09, 2006 12:29 am
Quote Post

Firefox

Group: Members

Looks a pretty good map how long you been mapping for? Better than our efforts at mapping eh hunter wink.gif.

Hunter : Lets get back mapping aha

--------------------
This is what Ive said for the past couple months every time has requested source: BB source is highly unlikely because the mod team (Ironoak) has decided to use the crystal engine to create an rpg, although they have said there is a small chance of going to source but please, for the sake of all mankind, do not request a port and/or create polls, or even useless threads about the porting of BB, because it is most likely not going to happen, thank you for reading.

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
hunter
Posted: July 09, 2006 03:13 am
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

This map actually made me want to get back into it. I got my source sdk downloaded.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: July 09, 2006 03:57 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Your right, I think I'll remove that busted up car in the alleyway. The one in the middle of the street needs to stay because it's shelled. Although you guys could just spawn your own props and details in Gmod, I'll add a few more anyway.

BTW, I've been mapping for about a year. I'm not consistent with it though, my maps come out in short bursts. I'm able to put a lot of time with them though because all my maps are pretty small.

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on July 09, 2006 04:09 am
PM
hunter
Posted: July 09, 2006 06:58 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Cool can we see some updates of anything new?

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: July 09, 2006 11:41 pm
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Not so fast bub. You'll get something... sooner than later. blubbern.gif
PM
MadMax_FMM
Posted: July 10, 2006 07:28 pm
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

@SC: Nice start. You've some talent. wink.gif Try to study more quality maps... i'm sure that you're able to improve your abilities.

@Blue Summer: Please change your sig because it's not true anymore. tongue.gif

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

Leader Staff - IronOak Studios:
"PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO" http://www.ironoak.ch/MM
"PE - THE DARK FUTURE" http://www.ironoak.ch/PE
"BRAINBREAD - MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" http://www.ironoak.ch/BB
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
Security Corporate
Posted: July 10, 2006 08:31 pm
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

QUOTE (MadMax_FMM @ Jul 10 2006, 11:28 AM)
@SC: Nice start. You've some talent. wink.gif Try to study more quality maps... i'm sure that you're able to improve your abilities.

@Blue Summer: Please change your sig because it's not true anymore. tongue.gif

Thankies!

See? Now an admin is telling you to change your sig, so you better! (ph34r m3!)
PM
hunter
Posted: July 10, 2006 08:43 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Could do with some power lines+ some ropes, they always help make everything look better. Also some foilage on the grassy area wouldnt hurt dude.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Blue Summer
Posted: July 10, 2006 09:51 pm
Quote Post

Firefox

Group: Members

My sig is my life! And i'm FARRRR too lazy to change it hahah, we'll see max if you're a good boy then I shall change it tomorrow wink.gif

--------------------
This is what Ive said for the past couple months every time has requested source: BB source is highly unlikely because the mod team (Ironoak) has decided to use the crystal engine to create an rpg, although they have said there is a small chance of going to source but please, for the sake of all mankind, do not request a port and/or create polls, or even useless threads about the porting of BB, because it is most likely not going to happen, thank you for reading.

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll