Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Mapping Competition
Lundquist
Posted: February 06, 2007 11:39 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Group: Old BB:S team

christ none of the devs has posted anything in here in ages. We do care lads, we're all just really busy (juggling person lives and developing a HL2 mod is kinda like juggling with chainsaws and flaming molotovs, getting started is easy, but once you get going, its only a matter of time before your arms get tired...)

Fuck it, since i'm waiting for the latest code update to compile i'll see if i can stick my oar in. Strap yourselves in, because i've been drinkin'

Okay lads thanks for taking an interest. Micky in answer to your question you've obviously found the compile button (the menu item is under file and is called 'Run Map' i think) You have to make sure that EVERYTHING in the options is setup correctly, especially all the external build programs.

Quick explanation in case you don't understand what i'm talking about. You have to compile a Valve Hammer map into something that the Source engine understands, you do this with 3 little proggys. vbsp, vrad and vvis. Vbsp generates level geometry, that means walls and floors to you and me smile.gif Vrad basically deals with lighting and its associated effects (spolights, reflections etc) and vvis does some terrible complicate stuff to do with not rendering all the geometry in a level at once when you run the map.

I might be a little off with these definitions but as far as i can remember they are basically correct. Go HERE and make sure you do pretty much whatever it tells you to. If you have any problems with any of it, post in this thread again and i'll help you out. But please for the love of god, put a detailed explanation of what's not working otherwise i won't be able to sort out shit an when i say detailed i mean absolutely EVERYTHING you can think of that might be relevant to your problem (this includes shoe size and date of last menstration if you think it will help) wink.gif

SC my main man. Yes you can put them in. I there a setting in the standard HL2 AI that will stop them attacking a player, or help you out? If there is use it, otherwise they will shoot the shit out of you. We are going to put out own models in there (we have some already for the grunts) but we'll be using the same entities you see in valve hammer for the most part, so feel free. Stick with metro cops for now as i think that's what we'll be using.

However at the moment we do not have any AI code that makes the metro cops stop behaving like fag tards whenever a player comes into view. We are working on it, in fact i might go and put a quick fix in that just stops them attack human players in multiplayer mode (maybe it will work :S)

Right nice one lads. Keep at it, i promise we are getting there, it feels like its taking forever (as i said personal lives are a bitch) but we are getting there so just hang in there and get mapping.

Peace
ps. its my birthday, and no1 got me a card sad.gif seriously i'm 25 today!

--------------------
...and they will show you how, to make the future look a bit victorian aged and how to spread your geekness, proudly, not ashamed...
- Camillo Miller (Fareware ToM)
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: February 07, 2007 12:27 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Happy birthday man! happy.gif

And yes, I do know how to make the Combine stop attacking you. It's simple, you just need to add an ai_relationship entity. You can set it to which NPC you want it to work for, and what behavior you want the NPC to have (friendly, fear, hate).

Tutorial can be found here.
PM
Elite viking
Posted: February 07, 2007 02:54 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Gratulerar med dagen grabban wink.gif
Have a happy day-after-birthday-day.
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: February 08, 2007 02:18 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

Group: BB:S Team

I've been like... Busy...

Wait till summer... I'll whip something out then.. =p

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Security Corporate
Posted: February 08, 2007 02:24 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

If they haven't released it by then, then yeah, you have summer to do something. They probably won't be releasing anything by then anyway, but still, there's always surprises, that's why you must be prepared!

Oorah! ph34r.gif
PM
QReaper
Posted: February 09, 2007 06:28 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Group: Members

That's why I lurk this place. ph34r.gif

I'm still quite excited about Source, but take you time guys, it will be great. happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
timardis
Posted: April 05, 2007 02:57 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Can you have an actualy prize like 30 bucks
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: April 05, 2007 02:06 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

i doubt they will do that, non-active topic BUMPY WUMPY none of that its a sticky lark we know what we see.

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
mallic
Posted: April 05, 2007 04:24 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER DO YOU SPEEK IT

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: April 05, 2007 04:41 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

i speak English so shush!

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
mallic
Posted: April 06, 2007 04:23 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

lol couldn't resist the chance to use a Pulp Fiction line
SAY WHAT ONE MORE TIME!

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
psychotic goth45
Posted: May 25, 2007 05:10 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

WHAT AINT ANY COUNTRY I EVER HURD OF ...DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT? happy.gif lol

--------------------
!!DrUgS ArE BaD & HIpPIeS SuCk!!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll