Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> aiming system
ViPr
Posted: May 11, 2003 12:30 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

there are smarter ways to cause inaccuracy rather than using randomization! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! use bobbing/swaying and recoil. NO RANDOMIZATION!! !! ! make the crosshair move! not enlarge! !!! ! GET IT NOW!?!?!?!?!?

PMEmail Poster
Percolator Fish
Posted: May 15, 2003 08:56 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

I hate your idea. huh.gif
PMEmail Poster
hobgoblin
Posted: May 15, 2003 09:07 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

QUOTE (Fayde @ May 2 2003, 10:18 PM)
anyone ever play the half-life mod Day of Defeat? they have a totally unique recoil system, different than Counter Strike (crosshairs dont spread out). u can feel the recoil more, and u actually have to fight to keep the barrel of the gun down. and when u run in Day of Defeat, your crosshairs start moving back and forth, making it almost impossible to hit people while u are on the move which is more realistic.

hehe, the first place i spotted a aiming system like that was in the game operation falshpoint, and in fact i think the layout of the crosshair there is the exact same that DoD is using these days...

in effect the crosshair for DoD is just a animated sprite, nothing more...
PMEmail Poster
-=T34M=-[AK]Assasin
Posted: July 17, 2003 01:55 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

I don't really like that "whohitsfirst,wins" recoil.
Movement is also important, if i want to play with strong recoil, i'll go playing Cheater Strike. (btw. TFC RULEZ) ph34r.gif

--------------------
-=T34M=-[AK] Co-Leader
PE Clan since 2003
Clanpage:
www.teamak.de.vu
visit us in quakenet @

#team.ak or at our Server: -=T34M=-[AK]Fragparadies by gameserver-paradies.de | 62.80.107.6:27101
PMEmail Poster
MisterX
Posted: July 17, 2003 02:37 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

yes, maybe the aiming system of "day of defeat" is very realistic, or even the whole mod.. but, as good as this aiming system works, i dont want to have it in Public Enemy. Maybe in "Day of Defeat" you have to stand to hit people, but in Public Enemy you have to run, if you dont move, you are already dead. It's not a mod that has to be very realistic, it's just good as it is.
If you want to have a very realistic WW2 Mod, then play Day of Defeat. But if you want a fast, futuristic Mod, then Public Enemy is the better choice wink.gif

--------------------
-=T34M=-[AK] Member
PE Clan since 2003
Clanpage: www.teamak.de
Visit us in QuakeNet @ #team.ak
PMEmail PosterICQ
Fayde
Posted: July 18, 2003 06:36 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

it all depends on what the PE team is intending. so far, PE seems like a quake style mod: fast paced, low recoil weapons, and lots of fun. if thats the way the PE team wants to keep it, then i say leave it as it is. but if they want a more realistic system for weapon fire, then add some recoil or something.

counter-strike is interesting because each gun has a different feel and recoil to it, so u cant play the same way with every weapon. that makes the game more diverse in my opinion because its not just a matter of knowing the game and the map, its having a feel for a specific gun. not all the guns feel/shoot/recoil/burst the same way, so choosing a gun does not always become based on what does the most damage or shoots the fastest. in PE, it seems like most guns have the same recoil and dont have a huge difference in weapon damage.

but again, it depends on what the PE team wants their game to be like. each style has its own pros and cons. i leave it up to the team to decide whats best for their mod. smile.gif

--------------------
Faydes into the shadows...
PMEmail Poster
hobgoblin
Posted: July 22, 2003 12:43 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

well, that explains why in CS everyone runs around with either mp5, DE, ak or m4...
PMEmail Poster
Fayde
Posted: July 25, 2003 03:01 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

yeah, cuz the DE is VERY accurate and hits VERY hard. its a great secondary weapon. mp5 is extremely accurate even after the first couple shots, unlike most other guns, and is of course cheaper. the AK/M4 are of course the main rifles of the game and therefore used more often than the others, but the point i was making is that everyone has a preference for what guns they use. in the CS servers i play in, people use just about every gun. each gun can be great in different situations, and each gun shoots and deals damage differently. so u get a diverse lineup of weapons due to the fact that each weapon has its own unique feel to it.

again, let the PE team decide how they want to game to feel. i understand that its important to make a game that everyone enjoys, but there are always going to be people who disagree with the way things are no matter how many times something gets changed.

--------------------
Faydes into the shadows...
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll