Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> A couple of ideas for future maps
PhoenixMastM
Posted: May 01, 2006 03:42 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

I just had a thought about a couple of possible map ideas, this is from a guy who has absolutely no skill or experience in using a map editor before.

If anyone here has played Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green all the way through the single player, i was thinking on remaking the opening farmhouse, and making it into a brainbread survival thing. Basically the main objective is to kill as many zombies as possible, and after that quota of headshots has been achieved, Fred appears and knocks on the door. Then after fred's head has been obliterated, another killfest ensues, followed by an evac and helicopter arrival.

The house itself has 3 stories, top floor, main floor, and basement. Top floor has good sniper spots plus both Winchester and Shoder rifles. The main floor has 1 room with ammo box, and miscellaneous weapons. The bottom floor has 1 tunnel that respawns zombies after fred dies. Plus the basement also has minigun and other weapons not included in main floor. Only 1 ammo box to make things a little interesting.

Plus, stealing the idea from another map, the bottom floor doorways could have a trigger so that, after staying in a designated area for a little time, the doors are barricaded to prevent zombie intrusion. Thus making it harder for them to get in, except through the tunnel.

Thats my first grand idear for a map, if anyone thinks they can do it, or even improve the idea, go right ahead, its a free floating idea, i just want to play it. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
eva02
Posted: May 01, 2006 05:35 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

I rember playing a map like this in bb.. itd be awsome in source

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
hunter
Posted: May 01, 2006 06:44 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Its not grand because it has all ready been done, BB nighthouse.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: July 02, 2006 07:24 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Does anyone think that brainbread was either too easy, or incredibly pointlessly hard? I mean, you are either picking off zomebies from far away, or surrounded. I think that the zombies should take a lot more damage till they go down, so that they get closer, but they should be able to get cloose while you still have lots of ammo. All too often I have run into a crowd of zombie and been killed while still having 4 weapons with full ammo! sad.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Joey2cool
Posted: July 02, 2006 09:13 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Also, when making maps for BB:S, please don't include the "chp8_something586874_stg1_farmhouse" - it's hard to tell which map you will be playing on when browsing servers and it's just plain confusing.

--------------------
Root Beer.
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: July 03, 2006 06:16 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

ah yes excellant point. I can never find farmhouse as I have always searched for bb_farm.

--------------------
User Posted Image
Mac
Posted: July 04, 2006 06:56 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

QUOTE (SDWBOSS @ Jul 2 2006, 07:24 PM)
Does anyone think that brainbread was either too easy, or incredibly pointlessly hard? I mean, you are either picking off zomebies from far away, or surrounded. I think that the zombies should take a lot more damage till they go down, so that they get closer, but they should be able to get cloose while you still have lots of ammo. All too often I have run into a crowd of zombie and been killed while still having 4 weapons with full ammo! sad.gif

Its just a fun factor. Theres not much 'challenge' involved once you master the knack of quickly pwning zombies.

--------------------
Ex-Admin of |A.B.C.|'s Super Hard BB Server
PMEmail Poster
psychotic goth45
  Posted: July 04, 2006 06:39 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

I think that the zombies have just the wright amout of health points and that we need better N.P.C. too kill then faster so then there can be more zombies so it's more...not Realistic but plausible. Because zombie are seposed too be easy too kill but an overwilming force.

I think they should be a little bit faster but when you shoot then they slow down.
because again thats more plorsesble, not realistic because ... well zombies don't exsist.
Lol i also think that either the guns should re-load faster or that they have more ammo for ex. The deagle could take more ammo.

Well that just what i think.

--------------------
!!DrUgS ArE BaD & HIpPIeS SuCk!!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
slashemdown
Posted: July 04, 2006 06:50 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

the magnum reload is really terrible long but the rest is fine imo, maybe the sawed off shotgun could use a speedup!
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: July 04, 2006 07:07 pm
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

I think the sawed off is fine. Long reload time is the tradeoff for 2 shots chock full of hurt.
PM
Stone_The_Crows
  Posted: July 05, 2006 11:53 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

What I think would be a great map is a replica of the Dawn of the Dead mall. I know there is one in BB, but it lacks authenticity to the movie. What I mean is that it is a small mall(the mall in the movie was fucking large! Had lots of stores and a sporting good store full of guns and ammo), you can exit the mall in game(exiting the mall should be non-existent or a 100% death sentence because of the number of walkers), and there is no maintenance rooms/halls/shafts going to the "refuge room" and no ventilation ducts that wind through the mall.
The refuge room was a big part of that movie. There were 2 ways in from the mall where a lot of zombies have barged in: Into one of the large department stores into an elevator shaft then up through ventilation duck or Through employees only entrance, down a long hallway, into a maintenance room full of pipes, generators, ect..., and up a secluded staircase. Once in the "refuge room" there is a sky light and ladder that can get you to the roof.
It would make one hell of an escape map where you fight through the mall. Put some objectives like turning on power to open the doors to the department stores, resetting a power box to activate the damaged elevator, and hauling ass to the refuge room where you defend the single staircase up until the sky light opens and the helicopter is ready to air lift the remaining survivors from the roof.

Anyone familiar with the movie Dawn of the Dead knows what I'm talking about(if you haven't seen the movie, go out and rent it, it's fucking great). Just throwing this out there because IMO it would make a good, entertaining map.

--------------------
Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned!
SNIPER-X
Posted: July 06, 2006 01:25 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Group: Old BB:S team

QUOTE (Stone_The_Crows @ Jul 5 2006, 11:53 PM)
What I think would be a great map is a replica of the Dawn of the Dead mall. I

One word....>_>
NoMoreRoomInHell
PMUsers WebsiteICQ
^Ben
Posted: July 06, 2006 01:49 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Must keep mouth shut ph34r.gif

wink.gif

This post has been edited by ^Ben on July 06, 2006 01:49 am

--------------------
Left the BB:S Team.
PMEmail PosterICQ
SDWBOSS
Posted: July 09, 2006 03:40 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

I think the zombies should be able to kill aswell. Sometimes, when you are cornered in a tight spot, you don't feel terror because you know you come back as zombie. Also, it would help give the experience an edge if either you can't respawn, or you respawn after a long time, in a dangerous/remote place.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
Hobo Ninja
Posted: July 09, 2006 04:19 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (Joey2cool @ Jul 2 2006, 02:13 PM)
Also, when making maps for BB:S, please don't include the "chp8_something586874_stg1_farmhouse" - it's hard to tell which map you will be playing on when browsing servers and it's just plain confusing.

If you are mentally handicapped then it is confusing, but otherwise no. Those long names specified if it was an official campaign map or part of the usermap campaign they put together and the chapters are so you play them in order.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterICQAOLYahoo
Pages: 12
Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll