Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Hello to the BB:S Forum!
Smachine
Posted: June 14, 2008 08:13 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Group: Old BB:S team

Where? I'm actually quit positive. Really what negative in what I said? ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Smachine on June 14, 2008 08:52 am

--------------------
Reality is for those who lack imagination!
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Mapster
Posted: June 14, 2008 10:21 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Group: Members

Sorry i was referring to Bacon.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Smachine
Posted: June 14, 2008 10:24 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (Mapster @ June 14, 2008 10:21 am)
Sorry i was referring to Bacon.

Yes, he is negative we all know it smile.gif But yes, if you want to help why not apply? We can always use another helping hand at mapping.

This post has been edited by Smachine on June 14, 2008 10:25 am

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Mapster
Posted: June 14, 2008 10:26 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

I could apply as a mapper but I can not guarantee that I'll get a map done within a time frame. If you have concepts or and overview of what you want made i can try my best in making it.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
Smachine
Posted: June 14, 2008 10:32 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (Mapster @ June 14, 2008 10:26 am)
I could apply as a mapper but I can not guarantee that I'll get a map done within a time frame. If you have concepts or and overview of what you want made i can try my best in making it.

Well about modding it is like this - better have a man that does something good often than not have anyone that does anything at all if you know what I mean. PM Lundquist and we will set you some trial task, if you would like to help us, I don't think we ask much time or set deadlines to anyone. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Smachine on June 14, 2008 10:34 am

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Mapster
Posted: June 14, 2008 11:15 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

I am kind of interested but Bacon put me off. I'll have a think about it and get back to you or PM him\her once i've made my mind up wink.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
Smachine
Posted: June 14, 2008 11:29 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (Mapster @ June 14, 2008 11:15 am)
I am kind of interested but Bacon put me off. I'll have a think about it and get back to you or PM him\her once i've made my mind up wink.gif

Well you gotta take criticism in this thing BBS got a lot of it too smile.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Mapster
Posted: June 14, 2008 12:12 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Yeah i do take criticism. I always get it when i try and test a map or show them to people, when that happens i listen and fix the problem; but when people don't stop with it, it can get rather annoying.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
_CiviliaN^SoldieR_
Posted: June 14, 2008 12:56 pm
Quote Post

civilized d00d

Group: Moderators

If you know your maps are nice and everybody else says there nice, ignore the attention seeker.

Jk Bacon.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Mapster
Posted: June 14, 2008 02:10 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Yeah thats very true.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
bacon333
Posted: June 14, 2008 02:56 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

The only thing I have against you is the way you speak. You sound as if you're the absolute god of mapping on the internet (I checked out your "wireframe" community) and your name kind of gives it away. It seems very narcistic. (I seem this way too, but it's all a joke, really.)

Also, as soon as someone asks you to join the team (smachine), you start acting smug and say shit like "Well, bacon has been crticizing me too much, and as such, I don't think I want to join the team anymore at all. Besides, even if I did, I probably wouldn't get any real work done in a specific time frame, because I just don't care."

Anyway, I deal out criticism by the masses. You can either take it and get better, (I am often blatant and brutally honest), or you can ignore it and just continue to make the maps you make. Shit, I even slammed RC on the internal dev forum for his work, and he has simply improved from it.

Also, there's another thing about me. You are either on my good side, or on my bad side. To get on my good side requires effort and hard work, and dedication.

EDIT: Also, trials can receive concept drawings on request. I can even test you my self, if you want. (if you're still interested at all, for that matter).

This post has been edited by bacon333 on June 14, 2008 03:23 pm
PMEmail Poster
Mapster
Posted: June 14, 2008 03:26 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

The only thing I have against you is the way you speak. You sound as if you're the absolute god of mapping on the internet (I checked out your "wireframe" community) and your name kind of gives it away. It seems very narcistic. (I seem this way too, but it's all a joke, really.)

If i was the God of mapping i would go into the buissness. I'm not trying to brag and act like I'm here just to rub it in anyones face, because i have nothing on anyone.
Years ago when i first started mapping i did think that i was an extreamly good mapper but i eventually grew up and smelt those roses that were right in front of me.

Also, as soon as someone asks you to join the team (smachine), you start acting smug and say shit like "Well, bacon has been crticizing me too much, and as such, I don't think I want to join the team anymore at all. Besides, even if I did, I probably wouldn't get any real work done in a specific time frame, because I just don't care."

Well theres no point in arguing there. Most of my maps are done by motivation, if i don't have any of that then i won't get anything done which is why i try not to get involved in mods unless everyone supplies the right feedback then i will be determined to get it done. That is why i said that you put me off with your negativity.

Anyway, I deal out criticism by the masses. You can either take it and get better, (I am often blatant and brutally honest), or you can ignore it and just continue to make the maps you make. Shit, I even slammed RC on the internal dev forum for his work, and he has simply improved from it.

I did take your criticism and start thinknig about it but when it comes to being "No thats gay... thats retarded... nah your just trying too hard, thats not exacly the way everyone learns from their mistakes.

Also, there's another thing about me. You are either on my good side, or on my bad side. To get on my good side requires effort and hard work, and dedication.

See the above.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
bacon333
Posted: June 14, 2008 03:44 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

QUOTE (Mapster @ June 14, 2008 09:26 am)

If i was the God of mapping i would go into the buissness. I'm not trying to brag and act like I'm here just to rub it in anyones face, because i have nothing on anyone.
Years ago when i first started mapping i did think that i was an extreamly good mapper but i eventually grew up and smelt those roses that were right in front of me.

Well theres no point in arguing there. Most of my maps are done by motivation, if i don't have any of that then i won't get anything done which is why i try not to get involved in mods unless everyone supplies the right feedback then i will be determined to get it done. That is why i said that you put me off with your negativity.

I did take your criticism and start thinknig about it but when it comes to being "No thats gay... thats retarded... nah your just trying too hard, thats not exacly the way everyone learns from their mistakes.

See the above.

1. You're 16. I doubt you would 'get into the business'.

2. You need to learn to work without motivation.

3. Really? Last time someone told me my work was shit, I went out and spent the next week trying to make it better to the best of my ability. After that, I scrapped it and made it even better.

4. You never did try to make your work better after I gave you my "needs more detail" critique.

EDIT: As to the first comment, I have a feeling you are here just for that reason. You start a new thread with examples of your work, but you then say you don't want to work for the BBS team.

This post has been edited by bacon333 on June 14, 2008 03:46 pm
PMEmail Poster
Mapster
Posted: June 15, 2008 12:45 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

I was offering help on mapping. I was showing my maps to say that i have actually done some work. Instead the very first post of the topic was:
I am finding your environments very boring.

I'm sorry wheres the help?
If you want to help people, point out what could have been done better instead of just criticizing.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
bacon333
Posted: June 15, 2008 03:36 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

needs more detail
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 123