Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Public-Enemy v1.4 FAQ, Frequently asked questions (english)
Zpin
  Posted: September 20, 2004 01:50 am
Quote Post

Einherjar
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leader (Admin)

Q: How can I get rid of the annoying help popups/preset menu/intro?
A: You'll find these preferences under Options / Multiplayer / Advanced... Or in the Custom behaviour section of this manual.

Q: Public-Enemy runs very slow on my machine, what can I do?
A: Set cl_glow to 0 or another small number. You can do this through Options / Multiplayer / Advanced or in the console. Additional options can be found in the Performance Settings section of this manual.

Q: Some effects don't work (glow/detailtextures/particle systems) or look bad, what can I do?
Use OpenGL as your graphics driver Options / Video. Direct3D is not fully supported.

Q: Public-Enemy crashes all the time, what can I do?
A: Try setting the variables in the Last resort options section to 0. You have to find out for yourself which one solves your problem as it may be a system dependant problem.

Q: Where do I change the music volume/effect preferences?
A: You'll find these preferences under Options / Multiplayer / Advanced...

Q: The weapons don't do enough/too much damage, and/or the movement is too fast/slow, how can I change that?
A: As described in the Commands & Controls / Server settings you can use the sv_gameplay variable in order to change the gameplay between "action", "normal" and "realistic". Ask your server admin to change the values or enable variable voting if you don't play on your own server.

Q: How are the r_speeds?
A: We asked valve about increasing the r_speeds, because the limit of 500 for general areas is really old. We increased the limit for common areas to 850. (950 would be also ok, but want to make PE also playable for older computers) Most r_speeds are between 450 and 780, sometimes they´re higher, but nothing fatal.

Q: Would you include some of my maps/modelreplaces etc if they´re good?
A: We´ll release semi-official map/modelreplace-packs with the best works created by the community. Those packs will be available at our downloadsection. If we find tha something is particularly good or fits the PE gameplay perfectly then we'll include it in future patchs (with the permission of the author of course).

Q: I´m a good mapper/modeller/coder etc. May I join your team?
A: Yes, please send us some information about you and your previous work. We won't be developing PE anymore but you are welcome to help on our new project. You'll find more information in our forums.

Q: Which graphis preferences are recommend for Public Enemy
A: OpenGL with a resolution of 640x480 pixels or more

--------------------
The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all. - Ecclesiastes IX. 11.
---
The fool speaks, the wise man listens. - unknown
PMUsers Website
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll