Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> More to worry about than just zombies
Waterboy
Posted: September 14, 2007 06:46 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

I just realised that it’s not the zombies that you got to worry about it’s the people still alive. In a lot of zombie films and games this has been the case, so I thought it would be cool to have some of the boss battle with some one not quite dead. Those of you who have played Dead Rising will know what I am on about.

I believe that this type of boss would be great just imagine a crazed army general who has lost his platoon; is trying to kill you because he thinks your a zombie.
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: September 14, 2007 08:57 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Possibly, yes smile.gif

Enemy soldiers would be a good idea - maybe the players and the Marines on their side (?) could fight against Special Forces trying to eliminate witnesses, etc

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Waterboy
Posted: September 15, 2007 06:38 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Yea a bit like Resident Evil 2, but it will depend on what type of story the creators are going to do. I am looking forward to seeing what type of story they will chose I have seen what they have released already, but there is still lot left open.
PMEmail Poster
Lucan
Posted: December 22, 2007 04:04 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

OH IDEA. All the Army, Marine, Navy, Airforce people are friends, but what about Mercenaries, like the Assasins from Oppossing Force?
PMEmail Poster
EcheloN
Posted: January 14, 2008 01:37 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

I think depending on the map, you'd have soldiers as either friendlies (in the area to rescue survivors and eliminate zombies), or as enemies (in the area to silence survivors, or to maintain an uncompromising quarantine).
PMEmail Poster
Not From Antarctica
Posted: January 19, 2008 08:45 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

I think instead of having just ONE boss like fred you should have a whole shitload depending on the map. say Fred for a farm, something similar to El Gigante for a city and for a forest or boat or something would be a swarm of advanced mutated creatures that are fast, agile and strong maybe a bit like the lickers from Resident evil. And for indoor levels you could have just one Super licker thing. or maybe another El Gigante thing (I'm not suggesting lickers or El Gigante but something similar) Actauly swap that around. Citys Have licker things and Forests get El Gigante. let me sum it up in an easy to read list

Citys: A swarm of Licker type creatures that are fast, agile and strong ph34r.gif

Forests: A HUGE creature similar to El Gigante ohmy.gif

Indoors: Just a few Licker type creatures unsure.gif

Farms: Fred the fugly farmer blink.gif

Boats: Less lickers than a City, More than Indoors sad.gif

Islands: Again A Huge El Gigante Creature ohmy.gif

(I remind you I am not asking FOR lickers or El Gigantes but something similar)

Now THAT would kick ass! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

This post has been edited by Not From Antarctica on January 19, 2008 08:53 am

--------------------
[URL="http://www.explosm.net/comics/1132/"]
User Posted Image[/URL]
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
PMEmail Poster
Not From Antarctica
Posted: January 20, 2008 03:32 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

And btw It would be stupid to have marines trying to eliminate witnessess because its all over the world and if you did that the world would only have pompas assholes who are forced to screw Uptight shitheads, so now we have a world of assholes with uptight shit, YAY blink.gif

This post has been edited by Not From Antarctica on January 20, 2008 04:18 am

--------------------
User Posted Image[/URL]
PMEmail Poster
bacon333
Posted: January 20, 2008 06:21 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

We have things planned, so just hang on and see.
PMEmail Poster
Not From Antarctica
Posted: January 21, 2008 09:26 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

NEVER!!!!!!

P.S GIMME A HINT!

--------------------
User Posted Image[/URL]
PMEmail Poster
Ed_Oscuro
Posted: January 26, 2008 06:59 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

IMO this idea is played out. The "cleanup crew" idea was used in the original Half-Life, which this game is based on.

The friendly + opposing forces military idea is interesting, but even that was used in... Opposing Force. tongue.gif

More to the point, I always liked more teamwork in zombie games, not less. To each their own...the Half-Life bots have been around for a while, if somebody put them in as an "extra" nobody would complain, certainly smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ed_Oscuro on January 26, 2008 07:00 am
PMEmail Poster
Mkilbride
Posted: January 26, 2008 02:11 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Realistic wise, in a Zombie situation, I think they'd Ally with us.

Honestly, all these games with Humans killing other humans during the end of the world, sure, it'd happen, maybe about 5%...

But considering that people like that are Usually fraidy cats, I think they'd just team up with us.

What're you going to do? Your job and eliminate people and slowly die off, or team up with the people and eventually start taking ground.

I'd go with the latter.

I dunno, I just think it'd be bull for Special Forces or any Military to start wiping us out if we weren't infected, due to the more they kill non-infected, the MORE infected would pop up and only worsen their problems.

Then again, Humanity isn't smart most of the time, so yeah.

--------------------
User Posted Image

"Perhaps I do not know the limitations of my power, or is it perhaps, I wish to defy them?"
PMEmail Poster
Equalizer
Posted: January 26, 2008 09:05 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (Mkilbride @ January 26, 2008 01:11 pm)
Realistic wise, in a Zombie situation, I think they'd Ally with us.

if you just go along with the Dark Ops Theory from APMD, then his original theory would actually work. For example, have an NPC with 200 Hitpoints, a few Martial Arts skills, phenomenal speed, ability to bounce off walls and a silenced handgun, then bingo, you have a boss that is equivalent to Fred and harder to run from.

Also, maybe if you play as Andy Syria, Nietzschte and some other people from APMD then you could have the choppers shooting at you, and maybe you could be given a rocket launcher to shoot down the chopper. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Equalizer on January 26, 2008 09:10 pm

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: January 26, 2008 11:36 pm
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Harhar, I personally think having other humans as your enemies in a zombie game is exciting.

This post has been edited by iliketoblowzombieheadsoff on January 26, 2008 11:36 pm

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
SDWBOSS
Posted: January 26, 2008 11:58 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Yup indeed smile.gif
It would be great to have human NPC enemies/allies, but woulnd't that just make it harder for the developers? I want this mod released before I start getting into Crysis! Interesting story actually, but I digress...

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Vaun
Posted: February 17, 2008 11:27 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Psychos, wierd Cultist nutcases, the other 2 types of zombies in hl2 (fasties and lard-os , and maby blowing off a zombies head it could mutate and attack you (like when the headcrab makes a last ditch effort to kill you). Remember ravenholm? Ya, ya think your safe behing those little walls or on that ledge? A fast zombie jumps over and a poison zombie throws headcrabs at you. And the fast zombies can climb drain pipes. This makes camping up on a roof or behind a wall just a bit too tall to step over.

For example: "haha u cant get me up here!" tongue.gif *clank clank clank clank* blink.gif RAAAAAWWWRRRR ohmy.gif sad.gif (fast zombie claws his guts out) blink.gif (he dies)
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll