Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Fallout Thread, Fallout the Game!
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: June 08, 2011 12:09 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Group: Members

So I've just been playing this game recently....
and dare I say, one of my most FAVORITE games of all time.
It has reached that point after I've played it for quite some time.
In the Fallout 3: GOTY that I have (which was given to me by a friend, so lucky), I have invested at least 25 hours on it. And I still feel I'm nowhere near the half of it.....
And if the PC is occupied, I play Fallout: New Vegas on the PS3. I've only dedicated probably about 4-5 hours on it..... still on the beginning stages. I've even made two notepad files on my characters to note my goals, motivations, quirks, etc. in the game.

That's just my Fallout craze. This thread is made for the game Fallout, and Fallout players. What say you? Have you played it? Need any help? Need anything to discuss?

Post!!!!! (Oh, and...... add SPOILER tags to SPOILERS!!!!!)

This post has been edited by iliketoblowzombieheadsoff on June 08, 2011 12:10 am

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
gordon_frohman
Posted: June 08, 2011 12:35 am
Quote Post

Frohtastic !

playing new vegas on steam.

its eh.

THE GAME

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Keyes
Posted: June 08, 2011 12:53 am
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Group: Moderators

I've played Fallout 1, 2, 3 and New Vegas, but I've never managed to complete them. Don't know why, guess I just found too much to do - ended up spending my time exploring and selling stuff. So easy to get rich in the newer ones, but damn difficult in the earlier ones. Still, damn good games.

Anyone signing up for the Fallout Online beta? As far as I know, it's being done by some of the original team, not Bethesda.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Posted: June 08, 2011 02:37 am
Quote Post

I'm sort of a fake/new gen Fallout fan.... I only played this generation's Fallout games and not the older ones. I should check those out.

So, maybe I'll play Fallout Online..... but if it's P2P I'm too cheap to afford it.

I've also found sooooooo much to do, but I'm trying to keep it down the basics. Finding and selling items, repairing my items, keeping Dogmeat safe, exploring, etc. I'm still trying to find more companions other than Dogmeat. Eh, eventually I'll find them.

New Vegas is pretty cool mostly because they've improved everything from the third game.... also love the idea that you can create stuff on camp fires and such. I'm just afraid that I might have to play those card games. I'm horrible at card games.

This post has been edited by iliketoblowzombieheadsoff on June 08, 2011 05:56 am

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Keyes
Posted: June 08, 2011 02:34 pm
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

QUOTE (iliketoblowzombieheadsoff @ June 08, 2011 02:37 am)
New Vegas is pretty cool mostly because they've improved everything from the third game.... also love the idea that you can create stuff on camp fires and such. I'm just afraid that I might have to play those card games. I'm horrible at card games.

The new features are pretty awesome, though I wouldn't say they've improved EVERYTHING...there're still the old bugs from Fallout 3, which I found frustrating - all they did was change the setting and characters, the plot, and add a bunch of new things, without addressing the annoying issues from the previous title.

And don't worry about the card games. I won my first one through blind luck (I hadn't bothered to read the instructions). After I'd actually done my homework, I lost big-time. Good thing I hoard so much valuable crap that I can sell later biggrin.gif

As for Fallout Online, my guess is that it'll be P2P. I'll be watching it closely to ascertain whether or not to give it a shot. Haven't done a P2P MMORPG since World of Warcraft, and I haven't played that for over two years. I got a girlfriend when I stopped playing, I had better things to do tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Keyes on June 08, 2011 02:35 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Posted: June 10, 2011 12:44 am
Quote Post

Yeah, I typed that too fast... I meant to say I like the new features and gameplay improvements they made in New Vegas. I still persist to see bugs, and that new weird thing when dead corpses of enemies start stretching up and down.

If Fallout Online ends up invading lives, then we should play less of it. tongue.gif
Hopefully, it ends up being good.

edit: Oh, and right now, I just helped out the ghouls trying to go to outerspace. I'm now searching for rocket parts, and thinking if I should leave Chris to die or not. I'm more on the "kill him" side since he's an asshole ghoul-wannabe.
And Mr. RADical= hilarious.

This post has been edited by iliketoblowzombieheadsoff on June 10, 2011 12:46 am

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
mrmicky
Posted: June 18, 2011 01:48 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Group: BB:S Team

The Ghoul storyline was cool, Chris is a weirdo (send him back to Novac is it?)

The scene where Jason and his Ghouls are in the rockets is pretty awesome and well done.

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
Posted: June 19, 2011 04:03 am
Quote Post

Yeah. I found the storyline of Bright's followers to be quite interesting... I also liked the rocket launch scene and the music to go along with it... hehehehehe

So far, I've recruited Raul Tejada, Lily, and Veronica as companions. Keeping Raul right now since I got his armored jumpsuit. biggrin.gif But I will dismiss him for Veronica soon, though. Forgot what quest I stopped on....

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
mrmicky
Posted: June 19, 2011 11:09 am
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

I took the Solo approach to the game, and never took on a companion.

--------------------
User Posted Image

PMEmail Poster
Keyes
Posted: June 20, 2011 01:57 am
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

You know Raul is voiced by Danny Trejo? Always liked having Boone and Rex for missions in the wasteland - very handy for when there's a lot of fighting and scavenging to do outside.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: June 20, 2011 12:03 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Yea I used Rex for a while. His storyline was so good, fixing him I mean. So it felt right walking around with him as a companion in the Mojave desert.

--------------------
User Posted Image

PMEmail Poster
Posted: June 21, 2011 03:24 am
Quote Post

QUOTE (Keyes @ June 19, 2011 05:57 pm)
You know Raul is voiced by Danny Trejo? Always liked having Boone and Rex for missions in the wasteland - very handy for when there's a lot of fighting and scavenging to do outside.

Really!? Wow.... that makes Raul even more awesome, then. I liked Raul's storyline, being a "Vaquero" at some point and such. Since I'm scared of my items getting destroyed, it's usually good to keep him around. I've dismissed him for Veronica though, since I've kept Vero for such a long time. But, on second thought... I could use less offense on my team. I think I'm going to re-recruit Raul in my team biggrin.gif

Rex as a companion seems interesting, but I've decided to keep ED-E since he's gotten so much stronger.

Loving how each companion in this game has his/her own in-depth storyline (they were all written by separate writers after all).... and all the DLC will provide so much more (like the Burned Man, if anybody remembers him).

And no, I have not finished the game yet laugh.gif

This post has been edited by iliketoblowzombieheadsoff on June 21, 2011 03:41 am

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
mrmicky
Posted: June 21, 2011 02:05 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Theres content regarding the Burned man?

I only heard stories of him at the Caeser place.

--------------------
User Posted Image

PMEmail Poster
Posted: June 22, 2011 08:41 am
Quote Post

If you buy the DLC Honest Hearts, the Burned Man's story will be further developed. I can tell you a huge thing about it, but I will spoil you (as I have spoiled myself. teehee).
I'm still hoping for a New Vegas game release where all the DLC is on it.... like FO3 GOTY. Definitely love New Vegas more due to the huge amounts of quests to do (and how in-depth they are), a great storyline behind most, if not all companions, that cool-looking Veteran Ranger armor, and so much more.

Speaking of which, I just did Rex's quest today.... cool quest. I had the old lady at Gibson Scrapyard give her dog Rey's brain for Rex, since it feels cleaner that way. Going to the Legion encampment is too risky at that moment and having a brain from a Fiend dog feels unclean to me. But, I still kept ED-E as companion so ... no worries.

Thinking of recruiting Boone very soon, since he can wear NCR armor. smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Keyes
Posted: June 22, 2011 10:53 am
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

QUOTE (iliketoblowzombieheadsoff @ June 22, 2011 08:41 am)
Thinking of recruiting Boone very soon, since he can wear NCR armor. smile.gif

If you don't want him to simply start shooting, make sure you don't have him with you if you're going to Caeser's Legion, the Great Khans, or anyone he might not like. Made the mistake of having him with me when I was heading to chat with the Great Khans. Awful lotta shooting happened that day...

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll