Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> "Cutscenes" like in DoD beta 3.1 (or was it so?)
banko
Posted: October 29, 2004 09:00 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

Hi!

It would be quite cool to add a cutscene to the beginning of the round as in DoD beta 3.1 I really liked that, but then they removed it sad.gif

Imagine some marines firing at some zombies in a cutscene, and then the camera would go to some marine's "head" like, you take possession of that 'rine, and then the round starts. This would maybe start the game so, that the action will take place immediately (not in the "barricading" mode of course)
I'm thinking about defending a specific location (e.g. a parking lot [or something more important]) So the main idea of this is to jump STRAIGHT from the beginning into the middle of zombie-decapitating, blood-splatterin', guns-singing combat!

(Although this thingy just fits in the "mindless spray and pray action")

Well, that's for now! If I come up with new and/or "better" ideas, I will definately post them! So stay tuned (just don't) biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
smurfy
Posted: October 29, 2004 09:08 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

Cool idea,but i think its not necessary
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
flyboy
Posted: October 29, 2004 10:55 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

I really liked the para cut scenes but then the dev team decided to take them out. sad.gif wink.gif

I think it was to speed up spawn times but that was never really a problem seeing as there timed any way... tongue.gif

they'd add some atmosphere to the maps but we'll have to see if they'd hinder play.

--------------------
user posted image

Peter : Ain't it a crime.
Stephen : What?
Peter : The only person who could miss with this gun is the sucker with the bread to buy it.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahoo
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll