Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Pages: 1234  [ Go to first unread post ]
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Survival, my very first story! its long!
Tanker
Posted: March 22, 2007 11:33 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Group: Members

lol it really wasnt suppose to be a RPG, its really suppose to end up as a type of adventure mystery... but if you want i can make you a character if you make a new one and tell me every last detail about him... and i mean every last detail from what gun he holds to his eye and hair color to his attitude and how you want me to potray him... and unfortunetly i cant let you make any actual imput in the story... i have an ideal story in my head and i dont want to stray too far from it.

edit: basicly what im saying is that i can let you describe a character to me but it would be a temporary character in the late stages of the story at best... srry i already have the idea more or less figured out

edit: actually on second thought i think i know a place where you can fit in... but it would still be pretty late in the story...

This post has been edited by Tanker on March 23, 2007 04:02 pm

--------------------
When He opened the fourth seal I heard the voice of the fourth living being say, "Come!" Then I looked and saw an ash-colored horse. The name of its rider was Death, and Hades followed him closely. Authority was granted them over a quarter of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with plaque, and by means of the wild beasts of the earth.

-Revelations 6:7-8
PMEmail Poster
Zombie Assassin
Posted: March 24, 2007 12:04 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Hmm... Im not good at making an entire character, and im already in 2 rpg's. Im afraid you have to make the character, though i dont mind if im not in it.

Nice story... Keep em comin.
PM
Tanker
Posted: March 28, 2007 03:14 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Ok this installment is a bit bigger than the rest and i feel as though ive had less control over it while writing... so things like grammar and clearity might be a problem.
This is basicly where the story begins. Now your going to have to look out for cryptic clues if you plan on solving the story before the characters do... or you can just read it and find out at the end and be no fun... lol...

It’s been a week since the Jamie incident. They continue to make fun of me for missing at point blank range; I continue to insist I didn’t. We have moved out of the grocery store; the food supply was really running low and we need to look for another source of food, so we packed at much as we could hold and left.

We move by day only, we have discovered that undead are more active at night. They are strangely predictable. We often spend the night in abandoned apartment buildings. One of us always stays up to keep guard.

“The suns going down…” Hoover points out

“We know Hoover.” Sara, Jarrod, and I respond at once

“K cause I’m just saying you know, we get caught out here at night…”

“We know Hoover.” We repeat

“We’d be safely inside if people didn’t lock there doors!” Jarrod yells and kicks at a door

“Wait what’s that!” Sara points to a large apartment building.

On one of the floors of the building there is a flashing light coming out of one of the windows.

“Umm… guys if were going to go there, we better start running.” Hoover says

“Wh…” I was about to ask why but as I turned around I saw what he was talking about. About twelve undead were standing in the street behind us only about three yards away.

“Run!” Jarrod yelled and we all ran for the building with the lights the undead close behind.

“God damn! Why couldn’t we be stuck with the slow zombies like the ones on TV?” Hoover yelled

“Why don’t you stop and ask them?” Jarrod yelled

The building was only about four-hundred yards away… still that’s a long way when you have undead on your trail.

We were all tired and could barely run. Hoover was pulling ahead along with Jarrod, then me, and then Sara.

We turned into an alley way the undead still on our trail. I knocked a garbage can in front of them but it helped little. We then turned right back onto the street heading towards the building.

I scooped up a rock off the floor and threw it behind me. Sara barely dodged it and it hit an undead. Still they refused to stop.

The building’s entrance was in sight and the undead were still on us. Hoover busted through the door first and then went right. Jarrod went in after him and followed. I was the third in but instead of following them I waited by the door. Sara entered the door and I slammed it in the undead’s faces then locked it.

“Come on!” I yelled and grabbed her by the hand leading her where Jarrod and Hoover had gone. “That won’t hold them for long.”

We reached a flight of stairs that lead up about another thirty stories. Jarrod and Hoover were already up five of them. I started up them dragging Sara along with me.

Behind me I could hear the door crash open and the undead pour through. By the time I was at the fifth floor they were starting to come up and by the time I was on the twelfth they were on the ninth.

“Come on you slow bitch hurry up!” I yelled at Sara

I reached the twentieth floor and the undead were two floors below me. I could no longer see Jarrod and Hoover.

I reached the twenty-fifth and stopped as two men in S.W.A.T uniforms blocked our path. They held large metal riot shields which made a wall of sorts blocking the path. Another man in a S.W.A.T uniform held a large machine gun.

“Hurry!” said one of the S.W.A.T with the shields and both the men moved so we could pass.

We ran through and the shields closed behind us. The undead soon followed, banging up against shields. As they tried to bash their way through, the machine gunner opened fire.

I continued to run up the stairs Sara right behind me.

“Stop! Stop! I think we’re safe now!” Sara stopped me then fell to the floor exhausted

“Where’s Jarrod and Hoover?” I asked sitting down with her

“I don’t know but…” she slapped me across the face… “that’s for calling me a bitch.”

My face was red with pain. Still it paled in comparison to the pain in my legs and to my undying curiosity. Where are we, who were those guys, and where’s Hoover and Jarrod? All questions I wanted answered, and sitting on my ass wasn’t answering them.

I got up ignoring the pain in my legs and started walking upstairs. I was on the twenty- seventh floor and there were only about three floors left.

Was about to get to the twenty-eighth floor before I heard a voice behind me… “You won’t find them up there… come down and I’ll show you where they are.” It was the man with the machine gun.

I slowly made my way back down the stairs. To my dismay I had walked all the way up there for nothing.

I reached where Sara remained sitting, now the man with the machine gun stood in front of her.

“Come on, they’re this way.” He said

We followed him down a hall on the twenty-seventh floor. No doors were on this floor which was strange for the other floors all had doors leading down halls exactly like this.

We reached a dead end, still no doors. The man with the machine gun leaned against the back wall and then knocked on it twice. It opened revealing a whole other hall way.

This hall had several more of the men in S.W.A.T uniforms. He led us through and the wall closed behind us. This hall had tons of doors, enough to make up for the lack of doors outside even though it was only about half as long. At the end was a large open room where Jarrod and Hoover sat at tables drinking.

“Well hey guys what took you so long?” Asked Hoover

“Better question… how do you run so fast?” I ask

“You can say we’ve helped each other train in the past.” Chuckles Jarrod

“Please have a seat all of you. Let me explain what’s going on.” Says the man with the machine gun

“Yes please do.” Jarrod says

“My name is John Black. Well basically we are in the Ziox building; we have been here since the first zombie invasion. We call ourselves Spartans. We are man kind’s last hope, all three-hundred of us…”

“Three-hundred?!” I blurt out “I didn’t think there were that many still alive!”

“There are, for the next couple of streets. The buildings are connected through an underground sewer system. This is our main building, military base, and the only entrance to the outside. All other doors have been welded shut.”

“That explains why all the doors down the street were shut solid.” Hoover says

“If you have such a large force why don’t you escape?” Jarrod asks

“I was waiting for you to ask that. Follow me.” John says

John leads us to a large wide-screen TV and turns it on.

“This was recorded the day before news broadcasts stopped coming.”

A picture came up on the TV of a building on fire. People ran screaming through the streets.

A news reporter talked “I’m here in Chicago reporting live. The dead are coming back to life and attacking everyone. People are told to get in groups and to go into hiding.”

The TV went to static then came back this time somewhere different with an Asian looking reporter speaking some incomprehensible language. Afterwards it went to static again this time coming back in front of the Eiffel tower, then Big Ben and continued flipping from place to place.

“America, China, France, London, Germany, Italy. It’s all the same. There’s nowhere to escape to. No matter where you go you will die.” John looks down at me “There is no answer. We are man’s last stand.”

We looked at each other hopelessly. Our gloom faces showed no sign of hope.

“What about taking back the city… it would be the first step towards getting rid of them.” I exclaim

“We’ve thought of that to, unfortunately I don’t think that’s an option. We may have three-hundred people but only half of them are armed and most of them are unwilling to go outside. Anyone willing is in this building keeping it from being overrun.”

“Cowards…” Hoover says

“Come I should show you where you are sleeping.” John leads us back down the stairs.

We reach the first floor where several men are replacing the door. Across from the door is a wall which John moves out the way revealing a door. The door leads outside to an area fenced off by a barbed wire fence and some large wooden fences. Two more armed men wait outside.

John opens up a man hole and starts climbing down, we follow close behind. We reach the bottom and have to bend over to avoid hitting our heads on the roof.

It’s not long before we arrive at another ladder and climb our way up. We reach the top outside another building.

“Your building is the third one after the Zion building.” John tells us

With that we head through another two building until we reach the third. Once we reach it John leads us upstairs to our rooms.

“Ok take which rooms you want. I assume the lady will want a private room?” John asks

Sara just smiles sweetly

We all take our rooms. Hoover and Jarrod take one room; Sara and I go to private rooms. Inside my room its dark; its walls are decorated in dark wallpaper and a window. Outside I can see the other building that the Spartans have taken refuge in. Other than that only a lamp on a drawer, a bed, and myself fill the room.

I lay down on the bed and let sleep overcome me.

--------------------
When He opened the fourth seal I heard the voice of the fourth living being say, "Come!" Then I looked and saw an ash-colored horse. The name of its rider was Death, and Hades followed him closely. Authority was granted them over a quarter of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with plaque, and by means of the wild beasts of the earth.

PMEmail Poster
Zombie Assassin
Posted: March 28, 2007 09:37 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Say... Preeeeeeeeetaaaayyyyyyyyyyy good.

Well, the machinegun man is good so ill be him thx.
PM
Tanker
Posted: March 28, 2007 03:43 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

lol you wanna be john? well you basicly missed your chance to be john... that was the only installment with him in it... well for some time anyway... he'll appear later, much later. youll find out what i mean next installment...

edit: actually not the next installment the one after that... the next one im bringing back the crazy guy... yeah i know you hate him but hes important and he leaves alot of cyrptic clues in what he says so i have to put him

This post has been edited by Tanker on March 28, 2007 04:12 pm

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
Zombie Assassin
Posted: March 30, 2007 08:34 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Lol... Ok. It is pretty good, and it makes my heart pound.
Yes, Im afraid of zombies abit.

Hey, how do u get a server like Neiko's?
PM
gordon_frohman
Posted: March 30, 2007 01:59 pm
Quote Post

Frohtastic !

nice STORY smile.gif

saying that its a story its already too late for rp in it i guess, if u wanted rp in it you should have put :

-Name:
-Weapons:

and stuff like that,

good story but you argue too much with assasin tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Tanker
Posted: March 30, 2007 03:54 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

thanks for your comments gordon frohman... its actually nice to hear someone other than zombie assassin... i was beginning to wonder whether i was just talking to one person.

lol i didnt really want to make it a rp... and i know i argue but thats just how i am i like to debate... i know i shouldnt debate, since i am asking for people's advice but i just cant help myself sometimes... ill try to control it.

This post has been edited by Tanker on March 30, 2007 08:55 pm

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
gordon_frohman
Posted: March 30, 2007 03:55 pm
Quote Post

Frohtastic !

groden frohman ? whos that ?

advice i got is well , my best source used to be zombie related games , or zombie related stories / movies

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Tanker
Posted: March 30, 2007 08:57 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

haha very funny... damn typos

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
Zombie Assassin
Posted: March 30, 2007 11:48 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Tanker... Are you saying you don't wanna hear me?
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif Oh, and going offtopic abit... Should i complain?

I like your story, and the random bit when the other two were having a cuppa' tea at a table it seems.
PM
Tanker
Posted: March 30, 2007 11:53 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

lol i didnt mean that i didnt want you to say stuff... its just nice to know im writing to an audience instead of just you. and yes complain all you want... as i said im the argumentative type and im going to argue... its just in my nature... and what the hell are you talking about with two people having a cup of tea? you mean when they walked in and Hoover and Jarrod were at the table drinking?

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
Zombie Assassin
Posted: March 31, 2007 12:40 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

lol yah and plz reply to my rpg.
PM
Tanker
Posted: March 31, 2007 12:46 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

ok this time im putting 2 installments in 1... The first is of the crazy guy in the beginning, the second goes back to the main characters. bare with me... this one is a little disturbing... or at least i think so... also there is some cursing... im not sure if i put cursing in my other installments but this one does have cursing and im too lazy to check... so im just warning you

The silence engulfs me. The terror surrounds me. They are coming.

I look around me. I am no longer in my room, it was unsafe there.

Angels once filled these halls; they were filled with holiness, now they are nothing but a resting spot for demons

They follow me, everywhere I go, they follow. Soon they will come here. I must leave, I must escape. Though I know it does not matter. They will follow me to the ends of the earth if they must.

“Michael! Michael! Wake up God damn it!” Jarrod shakes me awake

“Wha...” I say still half asleep

“They’re gone…” Jarrod tells me

“Who’s gone?” I reply

“The Spartans…”

“Jarrod… three-hundred people don’t just disappear.”

“These ones did…”

“What?!” I force myself to my feet and head over to the light switch.

“Don’t bother… they took the generators with them.”

Ignoring this I flip the switch several times only to find he is right. I step outside into the hall. Outside Sara and Hoover wait for us, other than that the halls are empty. One thing in particular catches my eye. The wallpaper, once vibrant and full of color are now dead and grey.

“It’s like they were never here.” Hoover says as he watches me examine the wall

“But they were…” I whisper to convince myself more than anyone else

“We can’t stay here. There’s no food in this entire building, and if they really did leave without us, then we need to catch up.” Jarrod says

We head downstairs and out the door that lead to the underground sewer system. As we step outside Sara, Jarrod and Hoover gauche at the missing fence, but I am more concerned with something else.

“Where’s the fucking manhole?!” I yell in anger

“How do you leave and take a sewer system with you?” Sara says

“You don’t…” Jarrod says “There’s more to this then them just picking up and leaving.”

“Oh my God…” Hoover looks around the corner, down the street in terror

“What is it?” Jarrod asks scared of what the answer might be

“I found the Spartans…” Hoover replies

We turn the corner and stare down the street. There hundreds of bodies lay scattered across the street, enough that to get to the other side we’d have to walk on top of them. Still there were more. Some were hanging from windows or streetlights; others were nailed to the wall with what looked like metal spikes. The walls were covered with blood, and windows were smashed open. Nothing moved.

“It could be worse.” Jarrod exclaims

“How could it possibly be any worse?” Sara asks

“They could still be walking.” Jarrod answers her

“This was no undead attack.” I say still amazed by the carnage

“What else would kill them?” Hoover asks “What else could kill them?”

Jarrod starts moving toward them, stepping on bodies where necessary.

“Jarrod I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Sara yells to him

“I plan on finding out what happened! Even if I have to search through every dead body on this street; I will know what did this!” Jarrod yells back

We follow him close behind, still nerve racked by all the dead bodies. The time we’ve spent with the undead has taught us to know better then to trust that a dead body is actually dead.

I can’t help but notice the writings on the wall. They are disturbing messages written in blood.

“Till death do us part” was written above a presumable married couple nailed to the wall. Another man had “Heart in hand” written on the wall above him and he disturbingly had a hole in his chest and something clinched in his right hand.

“The plaque…” wisped a voice that at first seemed to come out of nowhere “The plaque...” The voice came again this time from the wall to the left of us.

There on the wall was an old man nailed through the stomach. We head over to him to see that he is still breathing.

“The plaque…” he wisps out once again

“What plaque? The undead plaque?” Jarrod asks him slowly

“No undead could do this to man… only man could do this to man.” The old man responds

“Then what plaque?” Jarrod asks again

“The plaque of insanity…”

“So you’re saying that all these people went insane?” Jarrod asks

“They went to stop the insanity…”

“Who went to stop it?”

“John…”

“John? John Black? He’s still alive?”

“He is…”

“Ok we’ll catch up with him later. What is this insanity plaque? Why didn’t we get it?”

“You have been sleeping for a week.” The old man spits up blood then continues “He has protected you from insanity and brought it upon the rest of us.” The old man lifts his finger and points it at me. “Kill him and it will stop!”

The others look at me, petrified.

“He’s crazy, you can’t believe him, he said it himself he’s insane.” I defend myself

“Kill him and the dead will sleep again!” the old man raises his voice

“I have nothing to do with this you crazy fuck!”

“Kill him!”

A gunshot rings out. The old man goes quiet. Jarrod lowers his gun and takes a deep breath.

“Well you heard the crazy crack head. If he’s right then John is still out there, hopefully with other survivors. Now we gotta find him.”

We start down the street again the crazy old man’s words still ringing in our heads.

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
Zombie Assassin
Posted: April 06, 2007 12:38 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Lol... Pretty good.

I guess im in next installment, eh? Cool...
PM
Pages: 1234
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll