Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> THIS MOD IS DEAD?!?!?!?!, I didn't hope this was true
FroZenHell
Posted: October 04, 2003 09:26 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

This is probally one of the most beautiul mods for half life i have ever seen and its dead?... sadly i just started playing it i didn't think such a great mod would die The maps the design everything blows away cs... I hope you guys work on a newer version for half life 2 becuz this is too good to be wasted.. you guys even inspired me to want to make my own mod i love how this is post apoctaliptic.... Please respond if anyone still goes to this message board.
PMEmail Poster
alien
Posted: October 04, 2003 10:19 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

pe is dead, sad but true sad.gif

as already said it was great playing it with more players, but after a time, nobody wanted to play anymore sad.gif

--------------------
-=T34M=-[AK]
Pe Clan since 2003
www.teamak.de
#team.ak im Qnet

AK is dead (at the moment)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
MadMax_FMM
Posted: October 04, 2003 03:28 pm
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

Yes... it´s sad. Perhaps PE was too late for HL1, but we´ll try to design a nice singleplayer-TFC for another engine. wink.gif (Perhaps Doom3 etc)

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

Leader Staff - IronOak Studios:
"PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO" http://www.ironoak.ch/MM
"PE - THE DARK FUTURE" http://www.ironoak.ch/PE
"BRAINBREAD - MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" http://www.ironoak.ch/BB
MisterX
Posted: October 04, 2003 03:57 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Really no multiplayer game/mod? sad.gif

--------------------
-=T34M=-[AK] Member
PE Clan since 2003
Clanpage: www.teamak.de
Visit us in QuakeNet @ #team.ak
PMEmail PosterICQ
hobgoblin
Posted: October 04, 2003 11:45 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

i would serioulsy love to see the cyberpunk setting tested in better ways then most mods out there have done so far (i find even this one limiting and to similar to the CS classical layout)...

what im talking about is for players that can be located at one spot but controlling stuff all over the map (the everpresent net of computers).

people that can go undercover in groups of people (existence promised this in a way but it was never realised, you could only look like a civilian when dead ones and you could not hide your weapons). on that note the NPC's (civilians) should look exactly like the player models (same skin and movement animations) and should move about the maps on semirandom paths (that whay you can never be sure if the entity in front of you is a player or a npc). killing a npc should harm you and your team mutch in the same way as killing a scientist in s&i lowers your own teams research output.

nowadd to this cyber and weapon scanners (that can maybe be hacked), cameras (firea gun or kill someone infront of a camera and boom the alarms goes (again hackebal), door locks, maybe drones and weare starting to talk a realy interesting game smile.gif

missions could be assasinations, theft or kidnapping. or maybe a drugraid on a organized crime facility...

think about it this way, your team is playing the defensive team and is suppose to try and maybe keep a npc alive. the other team can go civilian or combat dressed (heavy armor and civilian clothing dont mix) and could be cyberd way up (so could your team for that matter). now one or more of your team hits the net and lock down the base, trying to look for and get rid of infiltrators. at the same time there isa steady stream fo npc's in and out of the base so a attacker could be hard to spot (in theory). you turn your back to some civilian down the hall and suddenly you get hte message that you died from a cyberblade removeing your vitals (enemy could be under some high tech cloaing or be that civilian you just turned your back to,screen fades to balck so there is no way to tell), alarm goes of at a cotnrol post (it could be someone trying to sneak in or it could be a civilian just having a bad day, hell it could even be a hacker fireing of a false alarm to remove attention from some other place)...

so tell me, do you think this can be done is some format or other?
PMEmail Poster
MisterX
Posted: October 05, 2003 12:01 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Silencer? biggrin.gif hm.. I wonder if Guillaume is still working on his "recreation"...I really would like to play it..

hm.. but I dont think all of your ideas could be put in a half-life mod or something like that..too complex..

--------------------
-=T34M=-[AK] Member
PE Clan since 2003
PMEmail PosterICQ
MadMax_FMM
Posted: October 05, 2003 03:57 am
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Exactly that´s the problem. If we had the time, the motivation and the technical sources.... it would have been no problem to create a game like this. (Most of Hobgoblins ideas were planned for PE) You´ve to see the problem with our eyes...

We´ll try to design a really cool SP-TC, which will include those elements + Coopmode (hopefully). One big problem is, that we want to create a story with a real protagonist (or two/three etc for Coopmode biggrin.gif tongue.gif) and an intensive oddysee through this strange cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic/surreal/metaphysical world. Our next project will also include a multiplayermode... let´s see what we can do with the stuff originally created for the SP-part of that game.

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

MisterX
Posted: October 05, 2003 03:22 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

this sounds... it sounds damn great ! I think a mod like that, with a Coop and a real MP (maybe after the "normal" release) could be a hit.. and with the experience of the PE team.. great smile.gif

--------------------
-=T34M=-[AK] Member
PE Clan since 2003
PMEmail PosterICQ
ikir
Posted: December 11, 2003 12:46 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Public enemy is one of the best hl mod i see. Why someone make a Steam server? I think that at lest on server will be played.

Why you don't try a re-launch. The game is here, add one or two thing. Post on half-life.org and on planethalflife, old player will give it a try, and some new will try it anyway.

As i say the game is here, try.......

Ps: is there a wall penetration in PE?

The better thing will be PE2 on HL2 engine.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MadMax_FMM
Posted: December 12, 2003 04:20 pm
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Greetings ikir and welcome to our (empty) forums!

Thx for your comment. We´ll create new projects, so the team still exists. It´s a pity that PE was too late for HL; perhaps a small update with a few things would motivate some players to play PE again... wink.gif We´ll see. I don´t want to promise such things.

--------------------

ikir
Posted: December 13, 2003 01:49 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

perhaps a small update with a few things would motivate some players to play PE again...  We´ll see. I don´t want to promise such things.

OK this sound right rolleyes.gif Thanks for the welcome.

Make a new version 1.3 and post it on every hl news site smile.gif At least it is a try tongue.gif

PS: the only thing i don't like in PE is the damage, it should be more realistic, but it is my opinion.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
secondwheel2
Posted: January 08, 2004 04:58 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

I only just got the mod and like everyone else that has put sumthin on this forum, i love this game.|||i have only versed one of my friends in this game and i still love it.

I tell you why i think this game isnt goin no where. its because the game isn't being promoted good.

I live all the way in australia i say out of the whole 19 million people that live their, only about 250 people have heard of the and less then 1% has played it online.

Now that i think of it. i can think of a perfect reason way there are no servers up.
When i first got the game, i didn't see one server up and i and i wasn't going to to make a server because in my head i was thinking that no one was even going to check if a server was up.

I tell you how you save this game. You some how get some servers up and email everyone that has signed up to use these forums and tell them there are servers up. People will striaght away be opening up their public-enemy and start people striaght away. If people know there are servers they will start playing straight away.

trust me on that one......

signing off secondwheel2

--------------------
better run fast because if u didnt keep a secondwheel with u ur gone
PMEmail Poster
secondwheel2
Posted: January 08, 2004 05:40 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

hey [PE]MadMax_FMM u there

--------------------
better run fast because if u didnt keep a secondwheel with u ur gone
PMEmail Poster
MadMax_FMM
Posted: January 08, 2004 06:12 pm
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Welcome secondwheel2!

The problem is, that we had much PR after the release. We were in all popular magazines in Europe & America (ok... Australia would have been nice, too ^^). We also were on TV a few times (here in Germany); and after the release lots of people played PE. The release was a year ago and since august nearly all players were gone. It would be nice to start a little revival with a short update and the "pod-bot".
I´m not sure if PE has another chance today...

We´ll see

cya
MadMax

--------------------

alien
Posted: January 08, 2004 08:32 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

hey mm,

teamak is still alive, and our pe squad still exists.

would be nice to play it again (we actually wanted to do so, but something didnt work with the server sad.gif )

hope to see u this we

CU
alien

--------------------
-=T34M=-[AK]
Pe Clan since 2003
www.teamak.de
#team.ak im Qnet

AK is dead (at the moment)
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll