Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> One less trouble for Libya, Hooray.... or not yet?
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: October 21, 2011 07:46 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Group: Members

As I was in my school's cafeteria today looking up Youtube videos to kill time, I went searching for videos recently posted up. And then I stumbled upon..... Gaddafi's death!! They were showing raw videos of Gaddafi dead on the spot. His face was lifeless and bloodied, and his body was almost coated in blood. He was being kicked around by the people. And then once I got home, I searched up more videos of his death. I saw another footage of him when he was alive but wounded. The rebels were brandishing him, trying to put him up on a truck... but he was being brandished so much that he was being pulled all over the place, confused and dying. And yes, he was still covered in blood.
I found out in later articles that his dead body was paraded on a truck for everyone to see. I even saw a photo gallery of his dead body being photographed by Libyans on their phones. His son shared the same fate, too.

Now, my first reaction to this was.... happy in a sense, since the rebels' efforts finally paid off. They need not worry about Gaddafi anymore.... but is the war really over?
I don't understand the issue enough to know. All I know is that there was a modern-day rebellion against a dictator.
My second reaction to his death was a bit of disgust. I believe it was just me seeing a real dead body on video... and the way it was treated: like crap. But seeing as how the rebels treated it, they've wanted to do that since the day they were born.

Discuss this matter. It doesn't just have to be Libya; it can be any other dictatorship.

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Keyes
Posted: October 21, 2011 08:12 am
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Group: Moderators

Personally, I don't advocate killing - granted, I plan to go into the police and at one point or another, I imagine there will be a time when I have to make such a decision in the interest of public safety, but violence should be a last resort, not a first choice. Not only that, but I don't think it's a very good deterrent to criminal acts - there are fates worse than death, and putting a bullet or poison or thousands of volts through someone might just mean they're spared contemplating what they've done.

In the case of Gaddafi - and other dictators - they should be made to stand trial, and show the world that justice has been done. However, Gaddafi was nuts, and he vowed to go out fighting. so the chances of him being taken captive and alive long enough to stand trial were pretty slim. As far as the people were concerned...well, a lot of them had been pushed for a long time by Gaddafi's regime, and they were pretty damn angry about it. I don't condone the treatment of his corpse - he's dead, and he's not going to fight back - but I understand why they were doing it. People needed to see that such a monster had been taken down. I imagine fighting will continue for a while, as there are probably still some fanatical followers who won't accept that it's over.

(This is all based on my own interpretation of the information available, and my own personal beliefs. I do not, by any means, think it's infallible.)

This post has been edited by Keyes on October 21, 2011 08:13 am

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: October 21, 2011 06:01 pm
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

Group: BB:S Team

O.o

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
DavidRoxZoRs
Posted: October 22, 2011 03:44 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

What's Libya?

--------------------
-=U.N.C.L.E=- David
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: October 23, 2011 09:12 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Yeah I don't know much about Libya, either. But all I know is that it's a country struggling against tyranny.... or dictatorship. Man, I need to watch the news.

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
DavidRoxZoRs
Posted: October 23, 2011 06:47 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

[/sarcasm]

--------------------
-=U.N.C.L.E=- David
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll