Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> I'M BACK!!!!, With a new idea!
EcheloN
Posted: August 29, 2006 05:51 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Group: Members

I know I've been gone for a long time. World of Warcrack has me in its grasp.

Anyways, I was thinking about some of the ways a zombie outbreak could be caused, and that different causes would create different playmodes:

Cause:
Radiation Leakage

Story:
A nearby nuclear facility (reactor, research, etc.) has melted down and released dangerous levels of radiation into the surrounding area. This type of radiation inexplicably "kills" the body's cells, but the "corpse" is still capable of movement. Though the conscious mind has been snuffed out, a primitive instinct-brain remains. Its number one prerogative: Find Food.

Characteristics:
-Zombies will not infect upon injury. They will simply tear their victim apart and devour them.

-Due to the mass deaths of entire populations when the radiation was released, there will be large amounts of zombies in each area; however, once all the zombies in an area are wiped out, the area is essentially "clean" (until more zombies arrive from outside the area). Translates into lots of spawn points, long spawn timers.

-Local law enforcement, or even military personnel, will be deployed with the objective of liberating any survivors from the "hot zone". Since the zombies leaving the area cannot infect others and will "die" of their own accord within a short period of time, containment efforts are minimal.

Possible Objectives:
-Escape the infected area.

-Rescue as many survivors as possible.

-Alert the outside world to the presence of survivors among the living dead.

-Kill any exceptionally large and powerful zombies (i.e. Fred).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause:
Toxic Waste Leakage

Story:
A local chemical weapons or chemical waste storage facility has been breached in an earthquake, accident, or terrorist attack. The toxic brew, consisting of dozens of chemicals mixed together and rendered aerosol in the explosion, has drifted to and descended upon an unsuspecting populace. Skin lesions and uncontrollable bleeding give way to coma, death, and reanimation.

Characteristics:
-Due to the populace's death and reanimation over a longer period of time, there will be fewer zombies walking around each area, however, they will continually reappear. Translates into fewer spawn points but shorter spawn timers.

-Zombies have a chance to infect upon injury.

- Local law enforcement, or even military personnel, have been deployed with the objective of liberating those unmarred by the vile toxins. However, they rigorously scan anyone attempting to leave the area for traces of the toxin. Containment efforts are more rigid here and make it harder to escape the "hot zone".

Possible Objectives:
-Escape the infected area.

-Obtain a "safe" sample of the toxin brew.

Cause:
Viral Outbreak

Story:
A mysterious virus has slowly and insidiously infiltrated an unsuspecting community. The virus spreads by infecting its host, killing it, and reanimating it. The reanimated host spreads the virus by attempting to feed on the uninfected, spreading the virus with every bite or scratch.

Characteristics:
-Due to the sporadic deaths and reanimations of the local inhabitants, there will be fewer zombies at a time, but they will appear quickly and seemingly out of nowhere. Translates into few spawn points but very fast spawn timers.

-Zombies always infect upon injury.

-Local law enforcement and/or military personnel have been evacuated to the perimeter. They will not dare venture into the infected area. Anyone attempting to leave through a heavily guarded checkpoint will have to prove that they are not infected. Containment measures are strict; escape from the safe zone, difficult to begin with, becomes even more difficult with the placement of quarantine barriers across possible exits.

-If an outbreak proves uncontainable, all personnel will be evacuated and the area will be destroyed by a nuclear weapon.

Possible Objectives:
-Escape the infected area before the nuclear weapon is detonated.

-Obtain a "safe" sample of the virus.

-Obtain research documents, journalistic accounts, etc. in order to help the world fully understand the zombie plague, and how to prevent future outbreaks.

-Find and destroy a mass grave site in order to prevent them from reanimating.

Cause:
Bio-Weapon Experiment

Story:
The totalitarian government of a rogue state has been working on the ultimate terror weapon: A virus which reanimates those it kills. They have decided to test the virus on a remote town with a large dissident population; the perfect test subjects.

Characteristics:
-Mostly the same as Viral Outbreak, but with one major difference:

-All quarantine personnel will fire on sight at anyone, living or dead. In addition, efforts to alert the outside world and summon assistance have instead elicited a response in the form of government Death Squads. These elite troopers enter the "hot zone" via helicopter in order to hunt down and silence anyone who may escape or somehow send word to the world of the horrible experiment.

Possible Objectives:
-Escape the infected area before the nuclear weapon is detonated. All exits have been sealed; the only way out is to somehow capture or commandeer a Death Squad chopper.

-Obtain a "safe" sample of the virus.

-Obtain evidence which can be used to alert the rest of the world to the atrocities commited here.

-Find and destroy a mass grave site in order to prevent them from reanimating.

In addition to this, I have some ideas of new enemies besides Zombies and Big Zombies:

-Crazed Survivor (I see it's still at the top of the page biggrin.gif)

-Death Squad Assassin (See Above)

-Death Squad Infiltrator: Their mission is to silence any survivors of the horrific bio-weapon experiment. They disguise themselves as survivors, local law enforcement, etc. and when the time is right, they turn on their "rescuers".

-"Crusader" Survivors: Unlike the Crazed Survivors who cower in a corner with food, water, and ammunition, firing at anything that comes near, the "Crusader" Survivors also seek escape, while firing on sight at anyone who is not a member of their heavily armed band. Usually only seen in areas where Death Squad Infiltrators and infected (but still living) survivors are.

-Containment Trooper: Outfitted in full riot gear, including a bulletproof riot shield (used to create a shield-wall with allies to keep waves of undead at bay), tonfa bat (effective in close combat with both the living and the dead), and an assault rifle complete with grenade launcher. These NPCs are hostile only in the Bio-Weapon Experiment mode.

-All government forces are issued a suicide pill which they use if they get infected. When they feel themselves beginning to turn, they will use it, sparing themselves from undeath.

-Crazed Survivors often sit behind an explosive booby trap, which they lay knowing that if a zombie gets close enough, he too will be spared from undeath.

-NPC Allies will either shoot themselves, or if unarmed, request that a player shoot them. If this is not done in time, the NPC Ally will become another Zombie attacker.

Discuss.
PMEmail Poster
EcheloN
Posted: August 29, 2006 06:02 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Cause:
Demonic / Unholy / Etc.

Story:
Basically an occult, Satanic, or paranormal cause of some kind.

Characteristics:
-Zombies will infect and convert to undeath anyone they touch, instantly.

-Zombies will continue hunting for the living even after the brain or the brain/body link has been destroyed. Zombies require massive effort to "kill". However, in this mode shooting them will slow them down, or with more powerful weapons, knock them back.

-There will be no NPCs of any sort, no survivors, and no containment forces. Only players and fast-moving player zombies.

-Only occurs in a rural area, perhaps a small village or even one house.

-All players begin as uninfected. X number of seconds in, one random player will turn.

Possible Objectives:
-Escape from the infected area is impossible. All zombies must be eliminated.

This post has been edited by EcheloN on August 29, 2006 06:03 am
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: August 29, 2006 07:03 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

It's about damn time you came back. happy.gif

Talk about venting out. I like of idea of zombies actually dying and not infecting everybody. All your ideas for gameplay are very cool, but that would be like three different games. If BBS does incorporate all of this, you'll have my friend, the God of all Zombie Mods. Complete fucking Pwnage.
PM
EcheloN
Posted: August 31, 2006 05:02 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Maybe we should engineer a virus to reanimate these forums. They used to be so lively...
PMEmail Poster
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: August 31, 2006 05:44 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Oh, hi there, i think i never met you, I am a new member.
Thought of joining this forums because this game rocks, and forums should rock too.

By the way, your ideas are nice, especially the crazed survivor one, sounds awesome biggrin.gif

I was also thinking of escaped criminals.

Criminal- They have escaped Jail, and are now teaming up with other criminals.
They'll kill anyone, even the military, just to survive. They think they should conquer this city while it is vulnerable.

-Kinds of Criminals-

Murderer- Once a murderer of someone, now a murderer of everything. He wrecklesly fights using his body as a weapon. He is very strong at close range, although very weak at long range.

Assasin- Once an assasinator of certain targets, now, assasinator of life. He uses his assasination skills to eliminate any target, except his crewmen. He shoots with any gun, and moves very fast, but lacks close range fights.

Insane convict- A ruthless person, killing anyone he pleases in a very violent way.
He is so skilled at killing, that he is almost untouchable. His close and long range are balanced. He may use any gun, any melee weapon, and can use his environment as traps.

-There'll be more, and i really have a dumb craving for stealing threads. Sorry EcheloN. sad.gif

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Hysterically Depressed
Posted: August 31, 2006 04:59 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

oh please don't let the BB story be about demons and satan.. please don't add religion into BB:S

--------------------
-Endlessly?-
PMEmail Poster
Elite viking
Posted: August 31, 2006 10:00 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

It's equal to all the other nasty causes. I don't have problems with the zombies being caused by Satan, I've played DoomIII so I'm used to it.

If you have something against religion it's even better: Blast the damn Satan thingies!
PMEmail Poster
Hysterically Depressed
Posted: August 31, 2006 10:13 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

no.. it's just that zombies are suppose to be a infection that has spread throughout the world, and panic strucks the face of the earth.
not..
I'm Satan! I DON'T LIKE GOD! DIE PEOPLE OF EARTH WITH MY ZOMBIES!!!...
I don't have a problem with religion.. but.. I just hate games that have anything to do with religion.. "if" religion is in the midst.. like hints of it being there.. but not really. I'm fine with it.. but if you make a entire great game from Satanic views...
I know you guys would keep playing, but I myself.. I think I wouldn't play

--------------------
-Endlessly?-
PMEmail Poster
Posted: September 01, 2006 02:00 am
Quote Post

That's like dawn of the dead. biggrin.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
EcheloN
Posted: September 01, 2006 04:43 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

It doesn't necessarily have to be Satanic.... it could be any paranormal occurence that falls outside the realm of science (fiction).
PMEmail Poster
QReaper
Posted: September 01, 2006 05:29 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Well, Satan doesn't always apply to the Christian/Catholic Satan. Satan is merely a name of that certain Angel that betrayed God, but, that name is also used for Beelzebub. Also the god in Satanism (which in and of itself is not correlated to Christianity...usually). So, if you want to keep religion out of it, you can always say it was a whacked out Occultist who made an Egregoire that could raise the dead. happy.gif

That all made no sense did it? unsure.gif

Egregoire: n.
A being created by a group of people that shares the wishes of these people, and once enough people who believe in him in a certain way are amassed, he becomes a true deity.

Yes, I like to study the occult. ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by QReaper on September 01, 2006 05:33 am
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: September 01, 2006 01:23 pm
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

That description was not entirely neccessary but ok! A zombie is a zombie, no matter what they're caused by. Shoot, ask questions later.

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on September 01, 2006 01:23 pm
PM
QReaper
Posted: September 01, 2006 04:40 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

I always had two classes of zombies myself:

"Romero" Zombies (i.e. "realistic"): Screw up the nervous system or bain, and they're dead.

"D&D" Zombies (i.e. "occult"): Takes a lickin' and keeps tickin'. Can be beheaded and still keep coming after you. Need to go with archaic/melee weapons with these suckers, because unless your gun can cut a zombie to pieces, it ain't going to do much to these buggers.
PMEmail Poster
EcheloN
Posted: September 02, 2006 08:11 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

A BB:S map of Stratholme from World of Warcraft would kick ass.

Except that there are less zombies and more:

- Skeletons
- Wraiths
- Ghouls
- Abominations (big chunks of flesh sewn together and renaimated)
- Nerubians (giant undead spiders)

Final boss is a Death Knight. Lol @ the idea of Baron Fred.
PMEmail Poster
Posted: September 02, 2006 11:34 am
Quote Post

Lol, no no, keep the zombies, and this sounds like were fighting the undead race!
I like abominations, theyre plump and strong. smile.gif

oh btw, nice sig echelon

This post has been edited by iliketoblowzombieheadsoff on September 02, 2006 11:34 am

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll