Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> The Problems I Have With Brain Bread
Macdeth
Posted: July 02, 2006 09:48 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

Now before I get flames for pointing out the game has problems, let me make it clear, I love the game, and the only two mods that even compare to in fun (sometimes.) are TFC and Science and Industry.

However, the case is there's flaws. Nothing's perfect, but you can strive to get there. The goal of this post is only to point out what I see as flawed, and hopefully some of my ideas will be taken in to effect in Source.

Now, let us begin.

Maps
-Let it not be said there are no good maps for BB; however, I think one of it's great weaknesses is a lack of a large amount of well made maps. Most maps you find are no challenge what so ever; you have a selection from a dozen plus guns, unlimited ammo, and somewhere to run to at all times. I am not seeing the fun in this. All it is grab stuff, shoot shoot shoot shoot, grab more ammo, shoot shoot. NO fun. If I want to click repeatedly for no obvious benefit, I will go browse the internet. At least there I'll be doing something productive.

We need maps that are well thought out and a challenge. Maps where supplies are low, guns are spread out and it's tough to get to the more powerful ones. Ammo boxes should not be unlimited, if even there at all. Make it a thrill to actually be up against a dozen zombies and just a pistol.

A.I.
-Now, the A.I. in this game is a wonder. I have yet to see anything compare in a 3rd party half life mod. Again however, there is room for improvement. Obviously a big flaw I notice is they try to get people nearby when they are in different rooms, making it so that they try to walk though walls, making half of them stick out from the other side. I believe in certain maps, it sort of ruins the atmosphere to see two moving arms and half a body sticking out from the walls.

On another note, Zobmies have arms. They should be able to reach you when you're on top of a few boxes or a 4 inch ledge seperates you. It's insane that I see people within 3 inches of a zombie but not being bit because the zombie can't 'reach' them.

Skills
-At this point, I see the skills system a bit broken. Health is only really nessacary if you're either A.) A zombie or B.) Playing on a server where there is no transformation. Speed seems to be alright, but I think the size of your guns should take a negative effect on you, and speed makes up for what the guns do. Skills seems to be the most worthless. Few guns need skills, and even so you can get their in 5 minutes. My recommendation is this: Throw out skills. Make guns based on your level, and make them damn hard to get to. Make people try to succeed in order to use good weapons. The thought of using a chain gun should be a motivating factor, not a weapon everyone should be lugging around.

Guns
-When I play BB, I don't generally care what pistol I use. Why? Because I notice absolutey no difference. There may be some pistols that take 3-4 shots over say the magnum's two shots, but when playing I really don't notice. I suppose having unlimited ammo is a contributing factor to not caring how much ammo I have, however, that is not the point I'm trying to make. Most guns are the same, the only difference being the model. Pistols? Nearly identical. AK, Colt, Uzis? Same. The double barrel and double glocks (I believe thats what they were) are the only real original weapons. Sniper rifle, shotgun, and chain gun are alright, but they are cliche. Make weapons vary and different, so that you actually care what gun you have and everyone won't run around with a magnum and a double barrel.

*Major Gameplay Change*
-Now, this is a major change and I'm not sure how this is going to go over, but here's my gameplay idea. First off, when you become a Zombie, it's permanent, and when you die, you come to life as a new one. However, when all people die or the mission is completed, the round resets and everyone is human again. A bit like counter strike, yes, but more effective than the current setup. Lets take a look.

At this point, if you get bitten, you become a Zombie. You kill two barnies or a player, and you're human again. So tell me, what is the point of being a zombie? I see next to no one stay permanently Zombie, and that's probably due to the fact they are not as fun and there's Zombies already, why do we need more? Either make zombies mandatory, or not an option at all. And of course, I'd like to see the game stick to being 'realistic' (yes, even if it sn't really going to happen on Earth.) and if you get bit you become a Zombie.

Overview
-To break this down, what I feel needs to happen is we need better map, making it more of a challenge. Ammo needs to be strictly reduced and the weapons need to be spread out and become more varied. Skills should be revamped and the A.I. should be tweaked. Also, I'd hope that perhaps my idea of gameplay change could at least be taken in to consideration.

Small Suggestions
-Make everyone always have a flash light, but like HL, keep it on a battery. Would be a bit more scary if you're facing 5 zombies and then your only way to see them dies, eh?

-As a player Zombie, slow them down. Why are they special? They were bitten by normal zombies.

-Add more models for the zombies. Seeing the same 2 or 3 over and over gets repetetive.

Thank you for reviewing my evaluation of the game at this point. I didn't go in to as much detail as I would have liked, and I'm sure there's more I can think of, but this should be a nice start. Feedback would be wonderful. If you need to contact me, my information is below.

-Macdeth
Email - xmichalejcaboose@gmail.com
PMEmail Poster
Lucage
Posted: July 02, 2006 11:01 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

I don't think the developers are working on BB anymore. I believe they are putting all their effort into BB:S. So none of what you said really makes a difference at this point. Until it's released and we can see what it is like, we'll have to wait to pass judgement.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Macdeth
Posted: July 02, 2006 05:39 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Precisely why this was suggestions for BB:S. laugh.gif

I heard BB:S will be almost the same just better looking, but I don't know if that's true.

If it is, those are my suggestions.

If it's a tottally different game, then I will just have to wait 'til source, then do this over. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Macdeth on July 02, 2006 05:39 pm
PMEmail Poster
Macdeth
Posted: July 02, 2006 05:41 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Let me rephrase the last post.

Those are the flaws in BB that I personally find.

My goal of the post was not to have them carry over to BB:S. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: July 03, 2006 06:10 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Whoa... very meaningful and also, clean words.

Yes, mostly, bb is all about, SURVIVE, yeah.. thats what it is. On LMS maps..

It sucks that the developers ditched bb, it couldve been better if they had better gun holding in thirpdperson view.

That's why i was thinking.

To make a huge skin pack, having new guns with new animations and complete models(p,w,v models), Fixing thirdperson view gun holding and adding a reloading animation, making the zombies more scarier, marines more high detailed, health and ammo boxes changed, FRED looking more of a threat than a dumbass zombie, and, new playermodels.

The models that they have right now are all made with like about 3 types of players.

Although, i have NO idea how to model, skin, and do that crap, i wont be able to do the bb enhancement pack. HAAHAHAHAHAHA

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Lucage
Posted: July 03, 2006 05:38 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

My apologises Macdeth, didn't realise you were offering suggestions for BB:S.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Macdeth
Posted: July 03, 2006 06:33 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

It's quite alright.

My fault I did not make it clear.
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: July 04, 2006 05:07 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Now that's a review. +10 respect points for you biggrin.gif

Not really. But yeah, very in depth and very good at pointing out things on the mod.
PM
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: July 04, 2006 07:58 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

See, this forum is fairly the nicest ive been into.

Other ones, alot of flaming, alot of ignoring, alot of SHIT.

I LOVE IRONOAK FORUMS

user posted image

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll