Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Got mappers?, =)
redwhiteblue
Posted: December 04, 2004 03:19 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

I gotta hand it to you guys, you put out one hell of a mod, but one draw back, 2 maps? and a target range. But the maps u did have, tho small, they were very nice, next textures, and so on, but lemme get to the point, im a mapper of many years, was on the sven co-op team, mapped for firearms, and was doing my own mod at one time, but if u guys are short handed in the map department, you can reach me on AIM, at ThebisRa, im looking foward to working with your team, considering this mod is great, and your team has obvouse talent.

Yet again, thank you for your time

-Mike
PMEmail Poster
Jakkar
Posted: December 04, 2004 03:20 am
Quote Post

Forumzombie!

MadMax_FMM is the mod's mapper, and it would be common etiquette to speak to one of the team about this personally, rather than demanding they contact you wink.gif

Show us some of your work!

Do you have any kind of online portfolio?

Either way, anything you'd like to contribute as a fan would be highly appreciated, but for anything more official you'd best speak to Lord Scottish or Mad Max.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
redwhiteblue
Posted: December 04, 2004 04:53 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

oh no, im not domanding anything, this is the way i ussaly do it, post on forums, ect, i dont have a site ATM, i used to, but my ftp is down, so drop me an IM il send you some stuff of what ive dont in the past...

and sure id talk to your mapper

-Mike
PMEmail Poster
BoondockSaint
Posted: December 04, 2004 05:31 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

Hehe, I personally think you'd have to be a damn good mapper to be able to match maxs mapping quality. And jakkar isnt part of the team, just a dedicated mod. smile.gif.

--------------------
Email/MSN:NinjaWaffle@gmail.com
AIM:"I IS TEH MOOSE"
PMEmail PosterAOL
KanjaEversmann
Posted: December 04, 2004 06:25 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Speaking of mapping, I noticed that your guys maps are pretty large in size, so I was wondering did you guys changed the scale at all?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
redwhiteblue
Posted: December 05, 2004 12:27 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

matching his skill? i see he's got talent, but ive also been at it for 5 years=)

so IM me for some of my work at ThebisRa

-Mike
PMEmail Poster
TSS
Posted: December 05, 2004 12:33 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (redwhiteblue @ Dec 4 2004, 02:19 AM)
But the maps u did have, tho small, they were very nice

im a mapper of many years

now usually i wouldnt do this, but ive noticed something.

cmon, if your mapping for some time, then you should know that the maps *cant* get any bigger. its already at its max size. well, heavensgate cant anyway. and slaywatch is a work in progress.

and you can post some of your work right here. screens that is. just upload them to a free site like http://imageshack.us/index3.php

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
redwhiteblue
Posted: December 05, 2004 02:40 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

no kidding, im talking about making NEW maps, not adding to the same one....and the person who started slaywatch, can finish it....and thier is a way u can make it bigger, but it's a wierd very complex process i dot know lol, but il be sure to get some screenies from some of my maps, i used to have a ton but i deleted them to save room, becuase i only have a 40 gig HD, and all my mods, and such, were taking so much space, and i uplaoded them to my FTP, and then it got taken down, along with my screenies....but if u would IM me, il be more happy to send some to you.

-Mike
PMEmail Poster
TSS
Posted: December 05, 2004 03:10 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

there would be a way to amke them bigger and thats to recode that part of code that restricts how big the maps can be. but thats recoding the hl1 engine, which would take soooo long you dont wanna know.

if theres any other option... well still if there was a easy way, i dont think the maps shouldn't get any bigger, because the lag is bad enough as it is.

however, if the size ever needs to get bigger, just spit tne map in 2, making a underground complex and a topside complex. only thing i can think off really.

but nah, i dont need screenies. send them to madmax and let him see how good you are cool.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
redwhiteblue
Posted: December 05, 2004 03:44 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

you got it buddy, as soon as i scrounge up some, il send em over, and then bang out a quick demo map, of some somethin with your textures, well mod default im assuming.

but Madmax IM me at thebisra yet again.

-Mike

laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
coldwar
Posted: December 05, 2004 03:50 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

for what mods did you map for

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MadMax_FMM
  Posted: December 05, 2004 03:55 am
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

@All: We'll release semi official usermap packs, but the official maps will be team internal. We like most of the usermaps, so the first pack will be released soon. You'll be able to download it from this site (we're also advertising those packs). At the moment we're working on a campaign for BB!

Again; in general: We release every kind of usermap in mappacks, but our team has its own goals. We work as a studio, so all official stuff has to be team made(also for the reference; the official BB should be a game created by Lord Scottish; Spin and me (and of course also the community , don't get me wrong biggrin.gif wink.gif)).

Don't worry; those usermappacks will be supported by our team. The first idea of Brainbread was to create a funmod and that caused the lack of maps. We just created this mod to say "Good Bye", now we've to admit that this will be a long "Good Bye"...
I created all maps for PE (take a look at www.ironoak.ch/PE ) in a few months, so it won't be a big problem for me to create some interesting maps for Brainbread either. I hope you understand our behavior. Again; good usermaps, usermodels and userskins will be supported by the team as external downloads! Thank you very much!

Cya
MadMax

<topic closed and moved>

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

Leader Staff - IronOak Studios:
"PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO" http://www.ironoak.ch/MM
"PE - THE DARK FUTURE" http://www.ironoak.ch/PE
"BRAINBREAD - MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" http://www.ironoak.ch/BB
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll