Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Mapping for BrainBread: Source!, Version 0.1
Nik0
Posted: February 18, 2008 08:04 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

Hi everybody, I'm a french audio engineer and composer (songs and ambiant fx)..
I make lot of maps too..
If i can help you for the BBS project for sound design or mapping, i'm really motived!!

(sorry for my poor english)

This post has been edited by Nik0 on February 18, 2008 08:04 pm

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
bacon333
Posted: February 18, 2008 08:06 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

you'd need to send us some samples of work you've done. I personally think that the team could use some audio design... (perhaps some ambient stuff) as we have quite a few mappers on the team. So, please send us some samples of past work, and perhaps lund could put you on trial or something.
PMEmail Poster
Mapster
Posted: June 09, 2008 11:30 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

If the normal Brainbread .fgd is used for BB:S i could try and change around a few of the entities and make it more mapping friendly for the source engine. Such as drop boxes, models instead of purple cubes... that sort of thing (just learning how to sue the .fgd)

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
bacon333
Posted: June 12, 2008 05:58 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

It is not.
PMEmail Poster
Shoot_me
Posted: December 11, 2008 07:38 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (mrmicky @ November 23, 2006 06:17 pm)
Shoot me i may wanna make some small but fun bbs maps how do i get the files enable to make them? i mapped 3 cs maps not too long ago and have bought hl2 and css and want map some source game maps how do i get the .wad's etc?

Edit: <--- New Avatar!

I finally remembered my password!! WOOHOO!

erm...

Those are located in *.gcf files, if you're talking about the textures that come with HL/HL:S. For BB:S, those are probably stored in the mod directory in a similar fashion to the old WON days. I think that the current editors support reading GCFs now, so you should also be able to load the base install textures too. If not, you can (or should still be able to) download tools that will extract the contents of these files. Be aware though, if you do this, you're be doubling the amount of disk space required to store the same information as what you extract will actually be duplicated.

What editor are you using again? (Keep in mind, I primarily use QuArK).

Sorry for the delayed response. Been busy with RE:CB. Now that it is no longer in development, I'm going to be busy porting what I've finished over to BB. Zombie mod to zombie mod converstions shouldn't be hard... I hope.. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Shoot_me on December 11, 2008 07:39 am

--------------------

Still mapping away!!
PMUsers Website
KeRnKrAfT
  Posted: December 11, 2008 05:12 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

QUOTE (Shoot_me @ December 11, 2008 07:38 am)
I'm going to be busy porting what I've finished over to BB. Zombie mod to zombie mod converstions shouldn't be hard... I hope.. sad.gif

That's great news, the maps of yours I played so far truely derserve to be called epic.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
PMUsers Website
cerveaus
Posted: November 18, 2009 08:45 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

QUOTE (Shoot_me @ December 11, 2008 07:38 am)
QUOTE (mrmicky @ November 23, 2006 06:17 pm)
Shoot me i may wanna make some small but fun bbs maps how do i get the files enable to make them? i mapped 3 cs maps not too long ago and have bought hl2 and css and want map some source game maps how do i get the .wad's etc?

Edit: <--- New Avatar!

I finally remembered my password!! WOOHOO!

erm...

Those are located in *.gcf files, if you're talking about the textures that come with HL/HL:S. For BB:S, those are probably stored in the mod directory in a similar fashion to the old WON days. I think that the current editors support reading GCFs now, so you should also be able to load the base install textures too. If not, you can (or should still be able to) download tools that will extract the contents of these files. Be aware though, if you do this, you're be doubling the amount of disk space required to store the same information as what you extract will actually be duplicated.

What editor are you using again? (Keep in mind, I primarily use QuArK).

Sorry for the delayed response. Been busy with RE:CB. Now that it is no longer in development, I'm going to be busy porting what I've finished over to BB. Zombie mod to zombie mod converstions shouldn't be hard... I hope.. sad.gif

cool.gif new maps cool i just reinstalled BB

This post has been edited by cerveaus on November 18, 2009 08:46 pm
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 123
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll