Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Classes, weapons and allies.
DavidRoxZoRs
Posted: August 21, 2007 05:50 am
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Group: Members

There should be different human classes, like instead of having skill points, you get maybe 4 different classes:

Classes:

Marine
-Can pick up any weapon but moves slowest with minigun, flamethrower and propane tank.
-Always slow, unless you have no weapons with you at all.
-Can use fists to knock zombie heads off, or rip limbs off, etc.

Civilian
-Goes quite a bit faster than a marine, can only pick up pistols and melee weapons.
-Very weak punching, cant rip limbs off or punch heads off.

Police
-Can pick up pistols, melee weapons and SMGs
-Can rip forearms off and punch jaw off.
-Goes a little bit slower than Civilians because of kevlar.

SWAT
-All around best character
-Average speed, can punch zombies heads off and rip limbs off.
-Can use pistols, melee weapons, SMGs and rifles

Weapons:

All the weapons in BB already, plus a Barret M82A1 .50 cal sniper for the marines, only 2 in certain maps and only respawn once, grenades which everyone can use, smoke grenades only SWAT and Marines can use, tear gas grenades only Marines and SWAT can use, C4 only Marines can use. A few more weapons I can think of later on as well.

Allies:
SWAT
-Just like the class, they can create barricades, but wont follow you. After they create a barricade, they will stay in that area and make sure zombies dont get in.

Assassins
-Will not follow you, they stay on the tops of buildings and always have snipers, grenades, and C4.

Special Forces
-Will follow you, can supply a limited amount of ammo, can create barricades, and use M4A1s, M16s, M249 SAWs, Beretta 92fs, or a M82 sniper rifle (Not the M82A1, M82s are different)

Civilians
-Will follow you, only use pistols, if it gets to dangerous and they run out of ammo, they will run to the nearest barricade or escape point.

I will think of a few others later, but for now, read, comment, etc.

--------------------
-=U.N.C.L.E=- David
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
Security Corporate
Posted: August 21, 2007 07:18 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Those suggestions are quite good and would make for some very interesting and good gameplay. Although it would be slightly difficult to fully implement the NPC versions of the classes I think. Also, even the the suggestions are good for zombie games in general, it wouldn't work to well with Brainbread: Source because if it's anything like the original, it's going to stick to the stress free, arcadey gameplay.
PM
-=Chris Redfield=-
Posted: August 21, 2007 06:33 pm
Quote Post

Baby Slayer

I would like that more than skill points, honestly.

--------------------
User Posted Image
(1) I like to beat women. (2) I like to beat babies (3) I like to beat women while beating babies (4). I like to watch women beat their babies...and then I beat the women.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Equalizer
Posted: August 21, 2007 06:37 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (-=Chris Redfield=- @ August 21, 2007 05:33 pm)
I would like that more than skill points, honestly.

Very much agreed. I would actually also enjoy to see an element of emotion from the NPCs in gameplay, and to also have the NPC's not run out of ammo too.

Wait, I said I wouldn't post in 2 weeks... Never mind, I'm back.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
1337 ch47
Posted: August 22, 2007 12:07 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

This system would work better in someways than the skill points thing. Like nobody is the near unkillable level 103. So I think that it's a great idea and it should be implemented.
PMEmail Poster
KeRnKrAfT
Posted: August 22, 2007 10:15 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

I like the idea about the different allies (classes,behaviour). wub.gif
But I guess classes instead of skill points result in a balance issues, 'cause some of them would be stacked others won't be used at all. So we gotta have class restrictions, which kill the fun. sad.gif

Everbody should play the same class, make it map based f.e. like a troop of marines got encircled somewhere or civillians are trapped in a mall etc... if you really want to add this system.

/me loves the skill point thing, it gives this fun-mod a competitive note and makes players come back just to increase their levels.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
PMUsers Website
Equalizer
Posted: August 22, 2007 03:32 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

If we have the system level/rank based, we could combine the two so it's something like "You have advanced to Level %s!" and "You have been promoted to %s Rank!" or something like that... Sounds like a neat suggestion to me, that's all. Not to mention, but in the original Brainbread it states that you need more skill to use certain weapons, so you can have "You must be Level %s to use this weapon" and "You must be %s Rank to use this weapon" and such.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
DavidRoxZoRs
Posted: August 29, 2007 10:10 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Civilians and Mall Security could have levels while Marines could have up to General and Police up to Chief. By the classes i meant what Kernkraft said basically. There would be some maps where you could have up to maybe 30 people playing, and half would be marines evacuating the other half which would be 5 police 5 mall cops and 5 civilians, you know? Sometimes Marines could get trapped in a base or an outpost or something and cops could get trapped in stations and find a way out or survive a certain time etc. etc.

--------------------
-=U.N.C.L.E=- David
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
mallic
Posted: August 31, 2007 04:21 am
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

Group: BB:S Team

i still say we need zombie pandas X (

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: September 03, 2007 02:50 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Just as a little touch, why not have an improvement on the original "transformation time," (turning into zombie) maybe make it a bit more like 28 days later - you can't move and puke blood on the floor or something messy like that, and after about 5 seconds or so, you awaken as a zombie! biggrin.gif

I also agree with david about the classes - perhaps you should start as a civilian and have to work your way through:

civilian; (melee/pistol)
security; (melee/pistol/smg)
police; (melee/pistol/smg/shotgun or revolver)
SWAT; ("/"/"/"/compact rifles like Aug or M4a1)
soldier; ("/"/"/"/"/rifle)
marine; ("/"/"/"/"/"/grenade launcher or something)

and then finally a choice of an "ultimate" level between

heavy support (m249, then upgraded to minigun);

sniper (m24 then upgraded to M82A1);

or SAS (perhaps bonus to all weapons - accuracy, damage etc)

Of course this is just a variation on David's idea but I reckon it could work really well - there'd be no issue of spamming classes becasue you'd get a mix.

People's behaviour in servers would reflect real life

Imagine this, if you will - civilians are taking cover behind better trained police and the police themselves falling back to the marines and soldiers.

Just when all hope is lost, the sudden rhythmic booming of heavy weapons bellows through the air as a hail of bullets sends wave after wave of zombies back into their own swarming ranks. Flashes apear from windows and rooftops - more zombies fall to the ground as snipers take aim. Vertical ropes fall from the buildings and a team of crack SAS operatives abseil down, their silenced weapons tink-tink-tinking to bring down yet more undead. biggrin.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Nikku
Posted: September 03, 2007 08:23 pm
Quote Post

Mr. Coke

I AGREES ??!!?!?

Good thinking bro

--------------------
Only when you gick, will you truly fish...
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: September 04, 2007 12:17 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Is there a list of weapons available, or that more of an ongoing thing?

--------------------
User Posted Image
BrainDead
Posted: November 04, 2007 09:15 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

I like the class idea, although at the same time I enjoy the stat system.

I'm a little new to the boards, so bear with me please if these ideas have been suggested.

I think the stat system should be in place, but the player's should also have "classes" that give certain bonuses to both stats and benefits. In addition to this, I think there should be a total of four basic stats. The functions of those stats should affect both zombie form and human form, obviously.
Health - Increases HP by 6 per point (human) and 8 per point (zombie).
Strength - Increases damage dealt by melee weapons by 5% per point(human) and damage dealt by attacks by 4% (zombies).
Speed - Increases movement speed by 4% per point (zombies and humans).
Skill - Increases access to better weapons in addition to decreasing "spray" and camera recoil on guns (human). As zombies, well, I'm not too sure, perhaps have unlockable abilities for zombies as this attribute increases (blood spit and lunge, perhaps?).

Now, classes should give slight bonuses to specific stats, as well as other benefits. In fact, classes might actually promote some more teamplay aspects as well.
Scout - Fast character, benefits from melee weapons.
+5 Speed stat
+5 Strength stat
Allows the player to carry 2 additional melee weapons.
Soldier - Standard character, well-rounded.
+5 Health stat
+5 Skill stat
Allows the player to carry 1 additional firearm.
Medic - Supporting character, can heal people on the go.
+10 Health stat
Allows the player to pick up and carry up to 2 Medkits (usuable on allies or self).
Marksman - Offensive character, good with guns.
+10 Skill stat
Allows the player to zoom-in without a Sniper Rifle.

Those are just some quick suggestions, ideas, etc. Let me know what you think. In closing, I'd like to say that BrainBread is a very enjoyable game, and I look forward to the Source port.
PMEmail Poster
LCP
Posted: November 10, 2007 04:28 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

i like the idea

--------------------
HEY WHERE AM I!?
Radman
Posted: December 18, 2007 02:28 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Well heres a few of my suggestions.

Allies

Civilians

These guys are weak, can only pick up pistols and melee weapons.

Police Officers

Stronger then the civilians, can take more hits. They carry a pistol and are capable of picking up shotguns/rifles.

National Guard/SWAT Officers

These are the strongest guys out there who are on our side, they carry automatic rifles and combat shotguns, they can dishout some serious undead pain.

Enemies

Zombies

Undead, killing/eating machines of tender warm flesh... need I say more?

Fred

The ultimate mutant zombie

Special Forces

Now heres were I need to explain myself... I personally think there should be an enemy 'human' element added to the equation. These guys have been sent in to retrieve highly secret documents/silence witnesses or perhaps they have some other 'evil' agenda. The fact is they will silence anyone who gets in their way and unfortuantly thats you...

They definatley shouldnt be on every map... and should only appear in small groups 3-4 but they are heavily armoured, well armed and difficult to kill.

I also like the idea that depending on what map your playing determines what class you are. For example in an urban city map you could have 10 police spaces, 15 civilian spaces and 5 military spaces.

P.S Im back happy.gif

This post has been edited by Radman on December 18, 2007 02:33 pm

--------------------
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth...

user posted image

'They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well im going to give them back their hero."
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll