Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Pages: 12  [ Go to first unread post ]
Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> I have no idea how to install BB, or Steam..., Dear god, please help...
Reko
Posted: February 11, 2007 12:26 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

Alright... a year or so back, I loved BrainBread, but my computer broke, and I couldn't play.

Finaly, after a year or so, I have a new computer, and I really want to Play BrainBread, but I vaugly remembered something about Steam.

So, I went to download Steam, the installer came up, it downloaded, I had the Icon... and nothing... I clicked, I searched, but It wouldn't work!

I reinstalled, and it said I needed to restart, which I did... still nothing... i downloaded it again, and it STILL didn't work.

I then decided, "Screw it, I won't really need Steam for alot anyway" So i downloaded BrainBread... and it didn't work... I tried installing it to different places, changes things, but I didn't know the problem.

I then installed it to the Sierra folder, and I thought it would work because SOMETHING came up... but... It was Half Life 1, the original game. I tried to join a multiplayer game, then it said I was put of date, and for whatever reason, I couldn't install the update. I went to Custom, and I found something that said BrainBread, i tried working with that, but it didn't go.

It was then, after some further research, that I found out I NEEDED Steam to run BrainBread... that was a downer...

After throughly searching through the Steam FAQs, the BrainBread FAQs, and pretty much everything I could think of, I come to you, members of the BrainBread forum, for help...

Now, I'm aware that no one my be able to help me, and that no one will know what's going on, but I figured I might as well try, so I'm giving any remaining specifics that I've left out.

-
I've been given NO error message for Steam, it just doesn't work.
-
I mean, Sream installs, It even lets me uninstall, but nothing comes up...
-
I don't even know what to do with BrainBread.
-
I installed Half Life 1, you know, cause I figured that was a given.
-
I'm not very good with computers, I don't really understand alot of what they do, nor how they work, so my knowledge on the subject is limited...
-
Umm... I don't know how to use the Steam forums, sooo... yeah, I'm a little helpless here...
-

Yes, this is my first post, and I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong topic, but quite honestly don't know what to do.

I would enjoy getting a reply fairly quickly, if possible... It's always frustrated me to no end when there's a problem I don't know the answer to...

Thank you for your assistance, and I hope I can return to playing this wonderful game... BrainBread truly is a piece of work...

I'm going to go try to install Steam again, I'm pretty sure it's something incredibly simple, and the answer is right in front of me, but I'm just not seeing it...

Thank you, and here's hoping...
PMEmail Poster
Reko
Posted: February 11, 2007 12:43 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Umm... I don't know whether to feel relieved, or stupid...

A few moments after my original post, I once more tried to install Steam, I once again restarted, and when I tried again... I got something...

It did some kind of update, and it was now that I thought "SWEET! IT WORKS!!!"

...Not so much...

I assumed it updated, however... now I'm back to square one... no Steam...

Like before, nothing comes up... now I know it works, but for whatever reason, I can't access it...

Not sure what this means, but if it helps... I did SOMETHING right... I think...

I'm still in the dark however... I don't know if BrainBread will work now, or what I have to do, because NOTHING comes up...

I'm going to go fiddle with things, see if I can get any more unintended results...

Well, like before... here's hoping...
PMEmail Poster
Reko
Posted: February 11, 2007 02:05 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Oh god... It's not working...

I'm not sure what to do... NOTHING IS WORKING!!!

I have Windows 2000... if it means anything...

It's just not loading... any ideas people?
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: February 11, 2007 02:17 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Ok, seemingly you have a complex problem, or it could be something simple you are just missing.

For starters, welcome to the forums! Please don't triple post, just edit your first post and put anything new you wanna say there.

Now, as for your problem, theres something you didn't specify:

Where did you install Steam? Since you are using Windows 2000, I'm assuming the folder system works slightly different from Windows XP, which most Windows users like me have nowadays.
PM
Reko
Posted: February 11, 2007 05:15 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Oh... didn't see the edit button... sorry...

Well, I got it from SteamPowered, the official website, and I don't know, it doesn't seem any different, but I'm not sure what it should be like...

I download, I run the install program, it installs properly, then it updates... and nothing...

The closest I've come to it working is getting some message that it can't register or something... *sigh*

it works apparently... but the program doesn't come up, I even tried the troubleshoot thing, BUT THAT DOESN'T EVEN COME UP!!!

I'm confused... and peeved...

I'd ask on the Steam forums, but I don't know how to make a topic...

Yeah... I'm that helpless...
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: February 11, 2007 06:35 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

You're still not answering my question. Where did you Install Steam? Yes, there's an install program, but where'd you direct it? My Computer? Where?
PM
Reko
Posted: February 11, 2007 07:22 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Ohhhh...

I installed it to the C drive, and into Program Files, then it made it's own folder.

So it's basicly C:\ProgramFiles\Steam

Sorry, I didn't understand the question for a bit smile.gif

I've looked at the folder, everything looks like it's working, I mean, my computer even makes "loading" sound and that light... thing, lights up when I click it, you know, the light thing below power... I think that's what it's for...

Anyway... Do I need to install it somewhere else?

I just checked, and it said that Steam was already running, yet there's nothing up, NOR is there anything in the taskbar... and then it went away, and nothing comes up anymore...

The best results I get are when I just restart my computer, and hen nothing...

Yeah...

Wait... wait, I downloaded the install program to my desktop, THEN when I installed it, it installed to the C drive, program, steam thing.

My friend said that it doesn't matter were I download the installer to, so Desktop shouldn't be a problem... that, and I don't know how to put it anywhere else...

This post has been edited by Reko on February 11, 2007 07:26 pm
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: February 11, 2007 09:14 pm
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

No, its fine, you installed it to the right place. As for Steam just borking out on you, I really don't know how to help you with that man, sorry.
PM
Reko
Posted: February 11, 2007 09:22 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Figured as much...
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: February 11, 2007 09:30 pm
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

You could always email the Valve devs. I had to do that on more than one occasion, and they've answered back within several days. They've been able to solve any problem I had so, they problem could solve yours.

Just go to Steam Powered and email the devs.
PM
darkshiv
Posted: February 14, 2007 12:29 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Extract the BB folder to the Half-life 1 folder in your games (NOT SOURCE MODS)

This post has been edited by darkshiv on February 14, 2007 12:29 am

--------------------
User Posted Image

Zombies will conquer one day--

We must prepare!
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: February 14, 2007 01:03 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

QUOTE (darkshiv @ February 13, 2007 04:29 pm)
Extract the BB folder to the Half-life 1 folder in your games (NOT SOURCE MODS)

Dude, his Steam gone dun broke. Not his Brainbreadz.
PM
Reko
Posted: February 17, 2007 01:14 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Still no fix... and Steam never worked fr me...

I figured it might be a Windows Update that did it...

I'm investigating the situation as we... type...
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: February 17, 2007 01:52 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Like I said before, find the Valve Devs email address on Steampowered.com, and tell them of your situation. I'm sure they'll be able to help. And don't tell me you don't know how to navigate Steampowered.com, because that's not possible. It's just a website man.

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on February 17, 2007 02:19 am
PM
Zombie Assassin
Posted: March 15, 2007 04:26 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

lol.

I just said this to increase postcount.
PM
Pages: 12
Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll