Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Pages: 123  [ Go to first unread post ]
Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Searching teammembers for new Fantasy/Action RPG!
MadMax_FMM
  Posted: November 18, 2004 12:48 pm
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

First of all, we have to emphasize that our team is not a bunch of inexperienced designers trying to create just another mod. Indeed, we have some interesting references to present, which can be found in the appendix, and furthermore have created a professional basis for our next project.

We are fully aware of the fact that designers, artist or programmers set great store by serious projects with the chance of long-term success. This is why we focussed on motivation, reliability, creativity, identification with the product, constance, innovation and a flexible structure when dealing with our previous projects. We still hold on to these values and are constantly trying to improve these aspects.

Most of our team members are students (mainly arts, design and computer studies) and have already gained experience by participating in several mod-, game-, design- or media projects.

To cut a long story short: We are currently working on an Action RPG taking place in an interesting Fantasy setting containing new control- and gameplay related features. The very first version of our design document consists of 30 pages and includes sketches, photos, models and reference textures. Furthermore, we are developing our own scenario- and map editor and are confident that it will be finished soon.

For basic development, we use Crystal Space, an open-source engine that provides us with the complete source code. This code can be changed and expanded right as we need it. From the technical point of view, this engine is definitely as good as the ones that current professional games use.
More information concerning the engine can be found here

Our primary goal is the creation of a freeware-based Action-RPG. Nevertheless, we are still thinking of an official and commercial distribution, which is definitely possible using the Crystal Space engine. Since we are trying to form a motivated and professional team, the development process itself would come off without any financial pressure until we reach the point when we can think of searching for a publisher. A very important indicator in this matter would be our media presence.

Even though some may consider this kind of recruitment via a message board being inadequate, I can assure you that our team members are qualified and competent persons who see this project as a step towards real commercial game design. We appreciate every kind of interest in our project, but have to insist that everyone who wants to become a member of our team is at least 18 years old, not only because of legal reasons. Nevertheless, there may be a few exceptions.

So far, we are not willing to give further information since this would require an unnecessary and inappropriate compression of our ideas. But since it is definitely possible to leave the team when finding out that gamedesign is not the right thing for you to do, there is no risk in applying for our team. To us, politeness, objectivity and creativity are extremely important qualities that every interested person should have.

In the moment, we mainly require additional Coders (C++). Later on, we will probably be in need of 2D/3D artist working on models, skins & textures as well as animators for special creature animations. Of course, these fields are already covered by qualified persons, but we are definitely lacking personnel, since several former members of our team came to the conclusion that they did not want to engage in gamedesign for a long time.

Now I would like to point out some of our references and to post the questionaire that every new member will have to fill.

REFERENCES:

As I already mentioned, our team has worked on many different projects, starting with maps & mods for Doom, Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior up to current shooters and other games. In this context, we mainly want to mention the projects and concepts that our team produced in the current composition:

The most important project was a mod for the well-known shooter Half-Life named Public Enemy The Dark Future. A comprehensive collection of information and materials can be found here:

Public Enemy - Deutsche Seite

Public Enemy - English Page

Brainbread

In addition, the homepage provides you with information concerning former projects and single members´ references.
All pictures shown here are part of our HL-based mod Public Enemy.
Public Enemy was presented and awarded by several Magazines and TV shows (PC Action, Giga TV, PC-Gamer etc).

QUESTIONAIRE:

1) Tell us something about you: Who are you? Where are you from? (name, age, residence, job, interests etc.)

2) Which activity within the development would you like to do (coding, modelling etc.) and could you imagine becoming a professional game designer?

3) If you answered yes: Can you think of participating in a project that has a professional and commercial purpose (Though there would be no risk during the beginning of the development process since our game would be freeware-based in that state).
This of course requires you to identify with and to concentrate on our project.

4) Of course, there are certain qualifications and abilities that every team member has to have. These mainly are motivation, reliability, communication and identification with our product. What we request of you is an honest statement whether you fullfill these requirements.
Even though our project will be freeware-based in the beginning of the development, concentrated and consequent work is necessary. Nevertheless, we accept that things like school, job and exams cannot be neglected.

5) In our team, all members are allowed to present their own ideas concerning our product. Are you able to continue your work even if we rejected a suggestion you put forward? Please answer honestly.

6) Can you imagine to engage in our team for a long time if the project is successful? This aspect is very important to us since many former members left our team after finishing Public Enemy, which slowed down the development our our recent projects.

7) Can you imagine to participate in the development of a 3D-Action-RPG, taking place in an interesting and detailed fantasy atmosphere? Are you generally interested in that genre?

8) Did you already gain experience in developing elements of a game (Skins, Textures, Models, Maps)? If you did, can you present any references? Please give us some links then instead of sending any kind of materials via E-Mail.

Please send all your answers and any additional information you consider being helpful for our decision here: spin@ironoak.ch

Since our project is freeware-based in the moment, we are legally not allowed to request any personal data of you. Nevertheless, it is definitely helpful if you can give us some information about you. This enables us to decide whether you are the right person for our team or not.

Of course, the may be persons who criticize these kind of recruitments. This is why I´d like to emphasize that we mainly try to find people who have the same attitude towards gaming and designing games as we have. We are aware of the fact that these requests very often are not serious or honest, but indeed it is very difficult nowadays to find competent and qualified personnel.
As I already mentioned, no one will be forced to stay in our team if he finds out that the situation is not like what he expected.
We hope that some of you may be interested in our work, even though we were not able to give further information about our current project.
Any member of our team will gladly answer any questions you might have, so don´t hesitate to contact them.

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

Leader Staff - IronOak Studios:
"PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO" http://www.ironoak.ch/MM
"PE - THE DARK FUTURE" http://www.ironoak.ch/PE
"BRAINBREAD - MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" http://www.ironoak.ch/BB
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
slappy
Posted: November 18, 2004 05:47 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

1) Tell us something about you: Who are you? Where are you from? (name, age, residence, job, interests etc.)

TeD Strother, Michigan USA, College Student

2) Which activity within the development would you like to do (coding, modelling etc.) and could you imagine becoming a professional game designer?

Sound

3) If you answered yes: Can you think of participating in a project that has a professional and commercial purpose (Though there would be no risk during the beginning of the development process since our game would be freeware-based in that state).

Currently working on a non-profit opensource first person shooter. I have no problem with this.

4) Of course, there are certain qualifications and abilities that every team member has to have. These mainly are motivation, reliability, communication and identification with our product. What we request of you is an honest statement whether you fullfill these requirements.
Even though our project will be freeware-based in the beginning of the development, concentrated and consequent work is necessary. Nevertheless, we accept that things like school, job and exams cannot be neglected.

No problem, as long as I have time for school

5) In our team, all members are allowed to present their own ideas concerning our product. Are you able to continue your work even if we rejected a suggestion you put forward? Please answer honestly.

See my work as a beta-tester for BB.

6) Can you imagine to engage in our team for a long time if the project is successful? This aspect is very important to us since many former members left our team after finishing Public Enemy, which slowed down the development our our recent projects.

Currently been working with Openfrag for some time now

7) Can you imagine to participate in the development of a 3D-Action-RPG, taking place in an interesting and detailed fantasy atmosphere? Are you generally interested in that genre?

I'm not limited to only one genre of games. I'm going to be beta-testing Wish (MMRPG) sometime at the start of next year.

8) Did you already gain experience in developing elements of a game (Skins, Textures, Models, Maps)? If you did, can you present any references? Please give us some links then instead of sending any kind of materials via E-Mail.

Some of my work for Openfrag:
http://data.openfrag.org/slappy/slappysoundpack1.rar
Documentation

--------------------
Add the Lawnmower to BB!!
PMEmail Poster
Reino
Posted: November 19, 2004 07:26 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Group: Members

QUESTIONAIRE:

My name is Tim Hand, and I live in Canada. I do 3d modeling as a hobby, but might make a career out of it since I was recommended.

I am interested in 3d art and design, Acting, Military Front-Line Infantry and I work as a Weapons Repair and Build engineer which makes me accurate with modeling Modern weaponry.

3d Modeling, UVMapping (Skin meshing), and some Skinning. And yes, I could imagine myself making it to a professional department within the game development business.

Yes.

I have no problem with that at all, as this is my last year of school, and with only Half a year left.

Yes. I am joining this project because I am interested in the ideas of the fellow members around me. I accept that everyone has a voice and I would be more then happy to hear other's ideas, even if my own do not get accepted.

I will stay as long as you would like me to, with the exceptions of finishing school and taking my course through my future career.

I am interested in many ideas and genres that have hit the gaming industry. I like fantasy because it has elements that we wish were possible, but can only experience through imagination. Thus, I do like Fantasy.

I have uploaded various renders of my work:
Beretta 92f Model 9 (Heist Half-Life)
FN P90 (Equilibrium HL2)
Glock 18 (Equilibrium HL2)
Desert Eagle .50AE (Equilibrium HL2)
Razorback 1911 (Equilibrium HL2)

And theres more but I'll render them later.
PMEmail Poster
dEMolite
Posted: November 20, 2004 02:00 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Please send all your answers and any additional information you consider being helpful for our decision here: spin@ironoak.ch

you must send an email to spin with the Questionaire.

--------------------
QUOTE (eXist @ Oct 31 2004, 02:40 AM)
ok im film isses vielleicht lustig weil sich da die zombies ungefaehr mit 1km/h durch die szenen bewegen. aber ueberleg mal: eine horde zombies kommt auf dich zugerannt... was haettest du lieber? ne schallplatte oder ne ak?  :P

Ne Schallplatte mit paar ordentlichen Turntables :D damit ich mit den Zombies Party machen kann. :P
PMEmail Poster
Reino
Posted: November 20, 2004 06:08 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Oh lol, I didn't see that. I just did what the other guy did tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
slappy
Posted: November 20, 2004 06:36 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis
Group Icon

i like to stand out... that and i didn't notice the email bit, and by the time demolite posted, i didn't feel like emailing.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
dEMolite
Posted: November 21, 2004 03:32 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

kk smile.gif its good and i might the devs have read this and noticed smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (eXist @ Oct 31 2004, 02:40 AM)
ok im film isses vielleicht lustig weil sich da die zombies ungefaehr mit 1km/h durch die szenen bewegen. aber ueberleg mal: eine horde zombies kommt auf dich zugerannt... was haettest du lieber? ne schallplatte oder ne ak?  :P

Ne Schallplatte mit paar ordentlichen Turntables :D damit ich mit den Zombies Party machen kann. :P
PMEmail Poster
Reino
Posted: November 23, 2004 09:01 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Anyone get a reply yet? I didn't O_o
PMEmail Poster
slappy
Posted: November 23, 2004 09:11 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis
Group Icon

QUOTE (Reino @ Nov 23 2004, 03:01 PM)
Anyone get a reply yet? I didn't O_o

nope, no word yet for me

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
MadMax_FMM
  Posted: November 23, 2004 09:20 pm
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

Sorry guys! We'll prepare replies in a few weeks. At the moment we're very busy with other things (brainbread for example).... please just be patient. ^^

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

Leader Staff - IronOak Studios:
"PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO" http://www.ironoak.ch/MM
"PE - THE DARK FUTURE" http://www.ironoak.ch/PE
"BRAINBREAD - MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" http://www.ironoak.ch/BB
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
Reino
Posted: November 29, 2004 08:19 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

My current E-mail addy is down, so send a reply to timhand86@hotmail.com instead
PMEmail Poster
Jrgsubzero
Posted: December 18, 2004 06:38 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

I have no experiecne but im taking digital design this janurary. bu right noe, I can be a writer or a idea suggestor.
PMEmail Poster
slappy
Posted: January 02, 2005 06:49 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis
Group Icon

some new content was added to http://data.openfrag.org/slappy/songs

just letting you guys know

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Blue Summer
Posted: January 02, 2005 01:36 pm
Quote Post

Firefox

i wanna beta test biggrin.gif. Gotta be in first - the early bird catches the worm. Lol.

--------------------
This is what Ive said for the past couple months every time has requested source: BB source is highly unlikely because the mod team (Ironoak) has decided to use the crystal engine to create an rpg, although they have said there is a small chance of going to source but please, for the sake of all mankind, do not request a port and/or create polls, or even useless threads about the porting of BB, because it is most likely not going to happen, thank you for reading.

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
Reino
Posted: January 17, 2005 09:16 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Just checking up. Any update on this yet?
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 123
Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll