Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Minigun and Flamer
DavidRoxZoRs
Posted: January 10, 2007 12:00 am
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Group: Members

Take them out and put useful weapons, the flamer is just lagging and you have to shoot a zombie, wait for the flame to go out, shoot it again and then it dies, so its weak and major lag machine. The minigun, should be way stronger, it would be impossible to lift anyways, miniguns are always high calibers, high enough to rip through 2 or 3 zombies heads in 1 shot and not have to spam it to kill one zombie with headshots. Add more melee weapons, or change minigun and flamer into more useful weapons like...another assault rifle maybe G3 or G36C and maybe add some machine guns only available at military outposts like M249 or M3 that you can deploy in sandbag areas.

Basically, take out Minigun and Flamer and put more useful weapons.

--------------------
-=U.N.C.L.E=- David
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
-=Chris Redfield=-
Posted: January 10, 2007 12:52 am
Quote Post

Baby Slayer

I actually completely agree with this. I would have loved an M249 (or an equivilant) over the minigun. THe flamethrower was ONLY good for crowd of zombies, but that wasn't too often.

--------------------
User Posted Image
(1) I like to beat women. (2) I like to beat babies (3) I like to beat women while beating babies (4). I like to watch women beat their babies...and then I beat the women.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
gordon_frohman
Posted: January 10, 2007 02:44 pm
Quote Post

Frohtastic !

i agree with all those , the only thing the minigun was good for was fred , and i ended all the ammo in his head ( what the fuck blink.gif )

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: January 10, 2007 07:57 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Group: BB:S Team

Yea true the minigun should be made more of an effective weapon i mean yes Fred is super human but like 10000 bullets from a minigun could tear a house apart. So it should be like only level 30+'s can use minigun, but make it a more effective gun.

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
Elite viking
Posted: January 10, 2007 11:09 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

It would have been cool with a few stationary weapons. A few sandbagged outposts ith m249's or maybe a downed chopper with...exactly, a minigun biggrin.gif
I agree that the minigun as of now is pretty useless, but we need some heavy weaponry in this game. A heavy machinegun of sorts, or a Barret-ish sniper.
PMEmail Poster
DavidRoxZoRs
Posted: January 10, 2007 11:14 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Thank you and I agree with all of you, but I was saying, like you can get an M249 and deploy it on a sandbag, like with the machine guns in DOD

--------------------
-=U.N.C.L.E=- David
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: January 10, 2007 11:16 pm
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

That'd be awesome....
And, they should also include Heavy Missile launchers too, so you can at least have some more explosions to control zombie crowds.

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
DavidRoxZoRs
Posted: January 10, 2007 11:17 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

If they did that, people would just spam the ammo box and use that like noobs unless they did it like the minigun where you cant reload or pick up another one, it was just like 1 or 2 shots and then you cant use it again till you die.

--------------------
-=U.N.C.L.E=- David
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
mrmicky
Posted: January 11, 2007 11:47 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Well this is what i think they should do, put the mini-gun near the end of the map but the ammo at the begining of the map. This would mean players have to decide between going back to go forward or just going forward and risking the loss of there artilery.

--------------------
User Posted Image

PMEmail Poster
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: January 12, 2007 01:19 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Hmm... yeah sounds good. But, really, it's up to the mapper.
And, david, you can only use the grenade launcher once and only once. Can't use it when you already did, even if you died.

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Lundquist
Posted: January 12, 2007 02:55 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Group: Old BB:S team

So how about this as an idea. Instead of the mini-gun being a normal weapon that you can pick up an switch between like shotgun or a rifle, its a special weapon that you pick up and you have to carry it, kinda like a physics item, which means that you can't hold anything else, if you want to change weapons you have to drop the mini-gun first and then switch?

This would make it much harder to use. In addition what if we gave it a spin up time, so you get the traditional delay before firing when you hit the fire button.

Make the skill points to use it much higher than BB's 10.

Slow down anyone who's carrying it to a crawl (skill points would affect this speed)

No jumping allowed.

And we'd up the damage a bit so that it could in effect tear through a crowd of zombies, but you get a very limited amount of ammo you are able to carry, due to its weight (and yes that guy in Predator had a massive backpack full of ammo, he still wouldn't have been able to lift the fucking thing AND hike through the jungle, i don't care how strong he might have been)

Anyone got any thoughts on this? We don't yet have a mini-gun so we may as well throw up some discussion before we get into the nitty gritty of modelling and coding the damn thing.

Flame thrower. Hate it. Does anyone have any objection with the flame thrower being replaced with Molotovs? We should be able to get burn damage on the go easily enough. Also what if you could throw a molotov onto the floor, creating the usual big area of flaming petrol, that burns for a couple of minutes making that area impassible for zombies for the time that its burning?

That should help keep large crowds under control. Imagine if you will ducking down an alley way being chased by a mass of zombo's and you turn light the molotov and fling it at the entrance, rendering it impassable just lon enough for you to get out of there.

Again we don't have either a flamethrower or molotov's atm so peoples own suggestion for this kinda thing will be welcome smile.gif

Peace

This post has been edited by Lundquist on January 12, 2007 03:00 pm

--------------------
...and they will show you how, to make the future look a bit victorian aged and how to spread your geekness, proudly, not ashamed...
- Camillo Miller (Fareware ToM)
PMEmail Poster
gordon_frohman
Posted: January 12, 2007 04:49 pm
Quote Post

Frohtastic !

well , have nades ( HE ) , i think them as stronger than molotovs since they have a blast radius :=

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Lundquist
Posted: January 12, 2007 05:39 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Group: Old BB:S team

Are there grenades in BB? If there are i've never seen them or used them, maybe they can be carried over from HL :S

If you mean in BBS then there aren't. We have the propane tank or we will do when we code it (i think we have the model and all the associated files) but thats going to be slightly different. It'll be a physics object rather than a weapon, and you'll be able to place it, or throw/roll it into position.

The idea behind molotovs was to have something a bit smaller that you use quickly, to distract a load of zombies. maybe like if you're trapped you can chuck a couple of molotovs around and the zombies that catch on fire cease to chase you temporaryily and instead kinda flail about in a panic.

Thus allowing you to kill a couple and make your escape, but you'd only be allowed to carry one or 2 molotovs. Also molotovs contain napalm not petrol this means that there is a splash when the bottle shatters and that the contents stick to whatever they touch.

I don't imagine that the range of the splash is that great, not having thrown more than one or 2 petrol bombs in my life, but it should be enough to catch 3 or 4 zombies and set them on fire.

This post has been edited by Lundquist on January 12, 2007 05:40 pm

--------------------
...and they will show you how, to make the future look a bit victorian aged and how to spread your geekness, proudly, not ashamed...
- Camillo Miller (Fareware ToM)
PMEmail Poster
Elite viking
Posted: January 12, 2007 09:18 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Thoughts on molotovs:
I think it would be fun with molotov coctails in the game. It should have a nice splash damage, as in it damages everything in a small radius pretty good, and that it also has a burn effect, as in it ignites anything within said radius.
To prevent whoring it could spawn at a few locations on the map, and you couldn't get more ammo for it from ammunition boxes. This kinda makes sense, since there are no bottles with napalm in an ammunition box wink.gif

A nice mission would be to "make" molotovs. Say, you'd have to find bottles of alcohol or gas\petrol (finding napalm ones could be a little tricky), then handkrechiefs to stick in, and then something to light them up with. It wouldn't haveto be very heavy codewise, just that you have three location specific missions, when you reach the locations thbey are completed, and when you finish all of them you get a lot of molotovs and spawnpoints for them.

Those suggestions for the minigun are fantastic. I love them. Simply luuv it wub.gif
As long as it deals hell to the zombies, I could live with slow speed, no jumping, no other weapons, low ammo, kinda low accuracy, and the charge-up time. After all it is meant to be a stationary gun on helicopters.

This post has been edited by Elite viking on January 12, 2007 09:19 pm
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: January 12, 2007 09:37 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

This is my idea. A Petrol Can, this can contains petrol which you can throw on an enemy with left click button, with right lcik button throws 1 of 2 lighters you have at the zombie causing 1 or as many as u can gather together alight biggrin.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image

PMEmail Poster
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll