[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> STARCRAFT 2
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: July 23, 2010 04:39 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Group: Members

With only 5 days away from release, THIS GAME WILL MAKE HISTORY

First of all, I'd like to know who and who isn't getting this game.

I for one wish to get it, via my brother, who played Starcraft when he was just a teenager. Now he's 25. He's still having second thoughts about buying the game since he won't have money at its release so... I'm kinda doubting him. I was initially planning to get Dead Rising 2 for the sake of zombies, so I may not be able to get this. Plus, I don't think any computer at my house can handle it... sad.gif (maybe the mac though)

But anyway, this is a game I would love to play before I die.

Secondly, discuss!

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Neiko
Posted: July 23, 2010 09:23 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

Group: BB:S Team

Played beta a while back. Like months ago. So many unbalances. But I'm still buying it. In hopes of them fixing it by now. That and campaign.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Posted: July 25, 2010 06:17 am
Quote Post

It must've been balanced... I've noticed that they made so much changes from the beta. I'm not even sure anymore if the Thor is still siege, and if it turns slow or fast.

This post has been edited by iliketoblowzombieheadsoff on July 25, 2010 06:18 am

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Neiko
Posted: July 25, 2010 12:44 pm
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

One of the biggest things I remember was the 2 v 2 twilight map was terribad and no one liked it. Because a terran player bunkered down the entrance, other player rushed air. Game.

That and zerg was rush roach, or rush muta.

--------------------
hunter
Posted: July 27, 2010 04:44 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

QUOTE (iliketoblowzombieheadsoff @ July 25, 2010 05:17 am)
It must've been balanced... I've noticed that they made so much changes from the beta. I'm not even sure anymore if the Thor is still siege, and if it turns slow or fast.

It wont be anywhere near "balanced", they were still tweaking warcraft 3 a good year or two into the patches, probably still are tweaking it! ha ha. I personally wont be getting this, never was a massive fan of the original too hardcore for me and i dont do hardcore. Ill buy warcraft 4 though if it ever gets released fucking WOW

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: July 27, 2010 07:21 pm
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

Campaign is pretty damn fun though. Picked up my copy at the midnight release and almost couldn't stop playing =/.

--------------------
Posted: July 28, 2010 07:17 am
Quote Post

Man... funny story I have to tell in my quest of getting Starcraft 2.

So it was the 26th. Me and my brother were hyped about the game... he said they might do midnight releases in the local gamestops we got. So there we go, that's my excitement for the night. Once midnight reached, we drove to the first Gamestop we had in mind. Not a big line, but there's still a bunch of people. We went to get a copy when they said that they're only distributing the pre-ordered copies at that night. We left the store disappointed... and so we tried the second Gamestop which was in another Plaza. It was the same story, but we get a code for store rewards just by coming in. Our last resort was Wal-Mart... we went inside the place believing that they are not selling them. But I saw a sign up front saying that they'll release the game in 12:01 AM.... aha! A shed of light. We rushed to the electronics section. I searched in the PC games section and did not find it. We asked the cashier in the section. He said they have extra copies!!!!! We went ahead and bought a copy. Man, was I happy that night. I never thought Wal-Mart would save our asses that night... man, that kinda made me frown upon Gamestop a bit.

So yeah, there's my story of getting SC2. I'm keeping it in this crappy PC for now which has the best GFX card for this. We're thinking of transfering it to my bro's PC which is newer and better, but just has a crappy GFX card. You guys think it's easy to change GFX cards? I haven't done it but I think this might be good experience.

Oh and I just started playing Campaign. I'm done with the 2nd level.... I'm having little suspicions with Findlay... well, we'll see later.

This post has been edited by iliketoblowzombieheadsoff on July 28, 2010 07:19 am

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Neiko
Posted: July 28, 2010 09:46 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

You find a more shady character later. And graphic card swap wouldn't be that hard if they are the same type. PCI-E goes into PCI-E slots, AGP (old) go into AGP slots. That and if the power supply is powerful enough for the vid card. It really isn't that hard. Just need to know if it's the right one and has the power.

My Starcraft 2 story. I pre-ordered 2 months ago. Night of I went, got there at 12:21. They were locking up. I knocked. I got in. I got my game. End.

=p

What's your ID so I can add ya?

--------------------
Posted: July 28, 2010 10:18 pm
Quote Post

Haha that's simple and nice. tongue.gif

My ID is Bartok, but I don't plan to get onto playing people yet. I'm still training myself....

Oh, and they're sorta the same. Both are GEforces but one's low and the other one's high. The 9500gt is on this PC right now... but this PC sucks too much to hold it. I still experience minor freezes in the game but I can play nonetheless.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Neiko
Posted: July 29, 2010 12:10 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

QUOTE (iliketoblowzombieheadsoff @ July 28, 2010 03:18 pm)
Haha that's simple and nice. tongue.gif

My ID is Bartok, but I don't plan to get onto playing people yet. I'm still training myself....

Oh, and they're sorta the same. Both are GEforces but one's low and the other one's high. The 9500gt is on this PC right now... but this PC sucks too much to hold it. I still experience minor freezes in the game but I can play nonetheless.

They can still be different slots even if they are the same kind of card.

-> AGP (older) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerated_Graphics_Port

-> PCI-E http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

And the power supply needs to be good enough for the better one. If you don't have enough power for it, it won't work properly.

We can still do comp games =p.

Neiko is mine. Rather, you should send me a pm with your bnet e-mail so I can add you that way.

This post has been edited by Neiko on July 29, 2010 12:13 am

--------------------
Posted: July 29, 2010 06:59 am
Quote Post

Alright brah, thanks. I'll look at some online videos on how to do it... just to get a feel of it. I'm sure my bro's pc can handle this one. The current PC holding it is pretty old. We'll just see how it goes.

My bnet email is captaingunkan@yahoo.com << that's my gaming email. Bartok's the name, still doing all the missions.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Neiko
Posted: July 29, 2010 07:45 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

I'm almost done with the missions. On normal anyways. I wanna beat em all on hard, then brutal.

--------------------
hunter
Posted: September 25, 2010 11:41 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

I want me warcraft 4!

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: September 26, 2010 12:06 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

QUOTE (hunter @ September 25, 2010 04:41 pm)
I want me warcraft 4!

Me dos. They are too busy milking WoW though.

--------------------
Posted: September 26, 2010 02:01 am
Quote Post

Meh, me too.... I replayed Warcraft 3 (normal game, not DotA) and it was as awesome as I remembered.

I think WoW will be the new Warcraft for now.... they probably won't make Warcraft 4 until they finish up Diablo 3, which is next year I believe.....

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll