Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> BB problems, yeah,problems
deathrow
Posted: May 24, 2008 12:05 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

Hi,just downloaded BB (v1.2).Im with the non-steam HL version,and when i try to make a server,it just wont start-the game loads but then phow-its again the menu screen.Had similar problems with other mods (sven coop,VS) but they were fixed with a LAN only game option.So my question is-can i play somehow the BB 1.2 on my non-steam version of HL or should i dl an older version (which btw im doing at this very moment biggrin.gif ).Help pls.

P.S. Just dl-ed the 1.1 version-the same problem there.If theres any solution to this problem (except probably the steam HL biggrin.gif ) please tell-the mod looks damn fun.And i mean it tongue.gif

This post has been edited by deathrow on May 24, 2008 12:10 am
PMEmail Poster
bacon333
Posted: May 24, 2008 12:43 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

Download steam.
PMEmail Poster
deathrow
Posted: May 24, 2008 01:55 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Yeah,easy to say-IF you have the box with the key on it.Not my case.My box of HL is long lost.Havent had a windows reinstall in over 3 years just cause ill lose my HL biggrin.gif .Sounds stupid,but thats the life.And i cant buy a new HL at the moment (and not that i want to buy HL1 in the year 2008! ).If theres any way other than Steam,pls help.Anyway,thanks for the reply.
PMEmail Poster
bacon333
Posted: May 24, 2008 02:43 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Just buy another copy. It's like 10 bucks.

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?ar...&AppId=70&cc=CA

There you go.

This post has been edited by bacon333 on May 24, 2008 02:59 am
PMEmail Poster
deathrow
Posted: May 24, 2008 11:08 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Yeah thanks for the advise,but IS there any way to run BB without the Steam HL1.'coz i dont wanna spend 10$ on a 10 year old game-especially if i already have it and Im perfectly happy with my version of HL1 (except the part with the lost key).So-is there another way to play this with no Steam or im like,screwed?

And btw i dont live in the US or any country near-by so the link you gave is next to useless.But anyway,thanks wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: May 25, 2008 10:28 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

In case you didn't understand this the first time, you need Steam to play Brain Bread online. No ifs, ands, or buts.
PM
Elite viking
Posted: May 25, 2008 02:58 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

no butts kekeke biggrin.gif
But yeah, your only option really is to buy a new copy. Or, you can see if any of your friends have a cd-key. Finally, Valve is selling packages with lots of their old games, for example the Hl anthology pack. That way you get the expansion packs for HL1 as well.

This post has been edited by Elite viking on May 25, 2008 03:01 pm
PMEmail Poster
Smachine
Posted: May 25, 2008 03:12 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (deathrow @ May 24, 2008 11:08 am)
Yeah thanks for the advise,but IS there any way to run BB without the Steam HL1.'coz i dont wanna spend 10$ on a 10 year old game-especially if i already have it and Im perfectly happy with my version of HL1 (except the part with the lost key).So-is there another way to play this with no Steam or im like,screwed?

And btw i dont live in the US or any country near-by so the link you gave is next to useless.But anyway,thanks wink.gif

Umm, if you think hl1 and its many mods are usless now and not worth the money just don't buy it and don't play BB? You should be happy that you still can even buy It, I cant even if I would be willing pay twice as it costs for you (except online ordering or steam which I distrust).

--------------------
Reality is for those who lack imagination!
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
mallic
Posted: May 25, 2008 09:35 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

Group: BB:S Team

also... POST IN THE RIGHT FUCKING SECTION!

This post has been edited by mallic on May 25, 2008 09:37 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll