[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> The Year of Resident Evil
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: January 31, 2012 05:30 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Group: Members

Howdy y'all.

Dunno how many people will post, but I'd rather just put this out there.

How many of you guys seem to sense that it's the year of RESIDENT EVIL? I mean, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is coming out in a few months, Resident Evil 6 will come near the end of the year, the movies will be coming out, blahblahblahblah resident evil.

Don't know how RE will be now, but judging from the newest RE6 trailer, it looks great.

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
mrmicky
Posted: February 01, 2012 11:10 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Group: BB:S Team

Love RE myself, cannot wait for the new game

biggrin.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: February 02, 2012 01:40 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

Haven't been paying much attention, but apparently the new RE is supposed to be much better than the recent ones, and is supposed to be like the original?

Not sure. I never really played RE. =/

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
mrmicky
Posted: February 10, 2012 07:23 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

The original REs had a specific Horror feel. Bad camera angles and hard to use movement system made the game literally hard (when I was young). The game has adapted like many others to a Gears of War style shoot-em up.

I cannot blame Capcom for this, it gets sales. Unfortunatly I doubt the latest game will bring back many of the great aspects that made RE games so scary. But I will still buy and try the game; none the less.

If anyone understands what I'm saying about the original RE games, fighting zombies that were not in any way hard to kill or out manuever, but were a pain to aim at and utterly scary in general in comparison to the African posessed Uruboros version in the latest game; just made for a better Horror experience in my opinion. Also open terrain is not at all scary when you literally have acres of room to run into, in comparison once more to the original scary alley ways and small rooms of buildings.

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: February 10, 2012 11:48 pm
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

Silent hill had the same deal. It was stupid, imo, but it worked. When walking down a hallway, hearing static noises, no idea what it is, and the camera if focused behind you so you can't see a damn thing you're running into, it was nerve wrecking. But now that I think about it, it was freaking stupid.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Elite viking
Posted: February 13, 2012 09:00 am
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Wouldn't say I'm terribly excited, but I look forward to Racoon City with careful optimism. The premise looks cool, especially multiplayer with zombies everywhere, as well as the players you are fighting against.

Mass Effect 3 on the other hand...I can hardly wait! Been playing the ME1 and 2 the last weeks, brushing up my memories. Squee!
PMEmail Poster
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: March 05, 2012 11:32 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Group: Members

Oh my goodness Mass Effect 3! I actually wanted to get into the Mass Effect series because of it. I'm planning on downloading the PSN demo soon.

Aside from that, forgot to mention that Revelations also came out this year. The 3DS game, I mean. It's Resident Evil going back to the survival horror.... and man, it looks/plays great. Check it out when you guys can.

I'm having some doubts about RE:ORC, mainly because it looks like it's all run-cover-shoot-survive kinda thing. But the multiplayer though... looks interesting.

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll