Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Pre-Game Screen, A bit of modification?
Eihwaz
Posted: June 11, 2005 11:07 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

All right, I've been a bit troubled by a certain aspect of BrainBread. After you join/create a server, you get the little window that tells you the map name, etc, which has an "OK" prompt. After that, you get a screen that lets you choose both your character model and read the story for the map. These are the screens I have some suggestions about.

-Move/expand the storyline page. Currently, a good bit of it is covered up by the character selection buttons. Why have the story there if you can't read it?
-Move/shrink the character selection buttons. They're really huge, which leads to the previous problem.
-Change the character selection system a bit. Currently, it "randomly" flashes between three different ones, which can make it a bit tricky to chose the one you want.

It would be very easy to remedy all these problems at once. Move the story screen to the screen that contains the map info. It makes sense to have the story of the map info on the page that tells you the name of the map. Then, have all six (or however many character models there are) laid out neatly on the next page. It would be easy to choose one, and could be done instantly. Some setting that allows you to skip this (by having the player choose one and set it as his or her default) would also be really useful.

Besides these issues, I've been having a lot of fun with BrainBread, and I look forward to future releases of it. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Changing your screen resolution to a bigger setting fixes most of those problems, though the random flashing characters still happens.

This post has been edited by Eihwaz on June 13, 2005 12:30 am
PMEmail PosterAOL
Crazyboi
Posted: June 14, 2005 01:24 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

ok dude look they charcters covering up the instructions screen just adjust ur resoultion n the options menu, for the other problems i dont really now
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll