[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Public-Enemy v1.4 suggestions
Zpin
Posted: September 16, 2004 04:41 pm
Quote Post

Einherjar
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leader (Admin)

Please post your ideas on how to improve Public-Enemy v1.4 here.

--------------------
The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all. - Ecclesiastes IX. 11.
---
The fool speaks, the wise man listens. - unknown
PMUsers Website
-KRUX-
Posted: January 22, 2005 07:41 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Group: Members

ummmm well i dont know what public enemy is and if its this site then u should take away that silver screen and make it like ... some other color and put like blood stains here and there just to make it look more like a zombie site tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
When nagotiating with zombies you let the
gun do the talking.
PMEmail Poster
(4THIDUSA) SSG H.
Posted: February 02, 2005 03:45 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

add the case in random places, increase the size of the maps, just my two cents from what I have played, if there is any thoughts of doing anything with this mod anymore

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
[PE]Black_Knight
Posted: February 02, 2005 05:49 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Group: IronOak VIP

you think the maps are too big? i get so confused in some of them heheh especially cosy cottage
i like pe_arena hehe nice and small

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
(4THIDUSA) SSG H.
Posted: February 02, 2005 06:07 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

No, the maps are a good size, lots of detail, great atmospheres, but the actual areas you end up playing in are small, same hallways, courtyard etc... Arena was fun, I just got to remember about the recoil from the minigun, I have knocked myself off the arena a couple times.

I had thought if somehow you could change the game play of PE to make it less future based CS. I do not mean to insult or put down your mod. It is far better than I can do.

Instead of the get the case ( hostage) or hack the computer ( plant the C4) it was future squad based combat against the Security forces or you are the underground fighting the establishment, more like a DOD based fighting than a CS stlye. But not really a deathmatch stlye

--------------------
[PE]Black_Knight
Posted: February 02, 2005 07:34 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

oh i see what you mean
well most of the old PE team is working on BB at the time since PE wasnt too successfull
but do you mean like capturing key areas and stuff? holding a place for a certain time? as in DOD
i had a few ideas about makking it more action packed so like keys where you gonna dive and stuff, matrix style i guess? could have added some good gameplay

btw is pe_arena on the map rotation on the server?

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
(4THIDUSA) SSG H.
Posted: February 02, 2005 03:38 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Yes it is all the maps are in the rotation.

Exactly, more dod type gameplay, capture offices, secure buildings etc... less CS type missions, more matrix type future combat without going fully matrix like rip off the movies, but that kind of a feel. Uderground assaults Security corp HQ and the Security corp defends their base, then the other way, security corp assaults the underground base camp, thats two different maps.

Instead of the minigun being a player weapon make it a stationary weeapon that can be placed where needed by the mapper, for the mission of the map, but not placed where it will dominate the map or give them an easy win. I will help however I can, just let me know

--------------------
[PE]Black_Knight
Posted: February 02, 2005 10:31 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

those are all good suggestions, they'll prolly never see the light tho just because PE is pretty dead at the moment :S
so many amazing features could be added too it if ud use the source engine

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
illnino
Posted: February 03, 2005 02:24 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

I have the original blade runner, and i think the game was ahead of its time. From what I understand PE is based on or is ment to be fairly similar to a dark dank world of blade runner. I think there should be more characters, more missions and the weapons should be seperate from bb.

bb just have pe weapons. If you have played blade runner, you will know all the characters, I think that the models should be replaced with the characters from blade runner and add some weapons like flash bangs, swords, and blade runners pistols. just my 2 cents.

user posted image

user posted image
Ray Niccot: Blade Runner
user posted image
Tyrell: Replicant creator
user posted image
Steele: Rival Blade Runner
user posted image
Guzza: Corupt cop
user posted image
Clovis: Head of replicants
user posted image
Runciter: Owner of pet store
user posted image
Sadik: Crazy Rasta

--------------------
user posted image
Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes...
twelve seconds. That... is when the world... will end!
PMEmail Poster
[PE]Black_Knight
Posted: February 04, 2005 07:07 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

well the theme was more cyberpunk so we wanted to generalise it a bit not copy bladerunner (i havent really played the game so i dont know what its like)
but i like your idea of a sword, i actually modelled one a while ago ...
(deus ex has cyber swords actually)

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
hobgoblin
Posted: February 25, 2005 03:55 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

more game types would be fun. even better would be if one could allow the mapmaker to chain up tasks so that maybe you need to bring something to open a door, then get another item and bring it to a helipad, then hold it there for x time so that it can be picked up and so on. ie, being able to make a chain of conditions for one or the other team to win.

heh, maybe even make a storming of the office kinda map. one side have maybe 1 respawn pr player while the other have 3-4. the 1 spawn team is supposed to hold a area for a short amount of time while the other assault them.

adding more weapons or models i belive was not possible as they had allready maxed out the engine or something. still, replaceing the close combat knife for a energy blade or something may be nice tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
Nikku
Posted: February 26, 2005 09:15 pm
Quote Post

Mr. Coke

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Wait, BladeRunner is a game, when did it come out, And What For?

The mvoie wasnt as good as the book....

I never played PE, I am afried if i dl it, and then no one will be playing it

--------------------
Only when you gick, will you truly fish...
PMEmail Poster
Saito
Posted: November 12, 2005 05:57 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

PE is an awsome and has unlimited potential but, no one is ever playing!!! So either too few people know about it, or people think it sucks... and Im 100% shure that people don't think it sucks. So my advice would be to advertise the game more. Get the info out there on this awsome game! I found out about PE only by taking my time exploring the IronOak webpage for BB and the link to PE caught my eye, so i donwloaded the 1.4 version and found it to be a awsome fps. But disapointed to see that there were NO SERVERS RUNING!!! I sugest that the link be made more visable on the BB mane page so that people start downloading it and making servers. Also, i have noticed that PE is not even mentioned in steams brows games page. The only game on the page is IronOak's Brain Bread. If the game could be listed on that page, maybe there would be more people playing and setting up servers for PE.

--------------------
"I thought what I'd do was I'd prefer I was one of those deaf-mutes...
or should I?"
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll