Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> House of the Dead maps, Idea for BB:S and BB
Rogan
Posted: February 19, 2008 06:10 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Group: Members

aww...wish i had the alpha happy.gif huh.gif blink.gif ph34r.gif ohmy.gif unsure.gif sad.gif unsure.gif blink.gif

--------------------
I am Rogan, zombies!
*blasts a zombie*
and you are pathetic wretch's
*blasts 5 zombies*
and i wi-
"Rogan help me!"
*blasts the zombies off and then blasts a demon out of sight*
as i was saying...and i will make you remember me even if i have to blast you head open and shove it in your stomach.
PMEmail Poster
bacon333
Posted: February 19, 2008 06:15 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

So does pretty much everyone.
PMEmail Poster
Rogan
Posted: February 19, 2008 06:25 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

obvious laugh.gif

--------------------
I am Rogan, zombies!
*blasts a zombie*
*blasts 5 zombies*
and i wi-
"Rogan help me!"
as i was saying...and i will make you remember me even if i have to blast you head open and shove it in your stomach.
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: February 19, 2008 08:54 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

QUOTE (bacon333 @ February 19, 2008 06:05 pm)
...Just please don't release your very first maps. No one's "first maps" look good.

My first map was awesome - it was detailed down to electrons orbiting atoms in the brick walls, was vast beyond imagination, and was rich and original 110% of the time!
But I couldn't be arsed to release it - after all, no-one would ever play any other map, so I just let it go... blubbern.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Rogan
Posted: February 19, 2008 09:00 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

QUOTE (Rogan @ February 17, 2008 08:58 pm)
Make maps? ohmy.gif
I cant even make a 2-d world sad.gif

I cant even make a 2-d map sad.gif

I need a manual

--------------------
I am Rogan, zombies!
*blasts a zombie*
*blasts 5 zombies*
and i wi-
"Rogan help me!"
PMEmail Poster
bacon333
Posted: February 19, 2008 09:48 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

QUOTE (SDWBOSS @ February 19, 2008 02:54 pm)
...Just please don't release your very first maps. No one's "first maps" look good.

My first map was awesome - it was detailed down to electrons orbiting atoms in the brick walls, was vast beyond imagination, and was rich and original 110% of the time!
But I couldn't be arsed to release it - after all, no-one would ever play any other map, so I just let it go... blubbern.gif

Electrons orbiting Atoms eh? Probably didn't run on any modern day computer, since it was so detailed. Just because you know how to map and can detail shit so well, doesn't mean it's going to run on anyone's computers.

Oh, and the hammer grid is limited.

I win.

Bwhahaha..
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: February 20, 2008 05:58 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

QUOTE (bacon333 @ February 19, 2008 09:48 pm)
QUOTE (SDWBOSS @ February 19, 2008 02:54 pm)

Electrons orbiting Atoms eh? Probably didn't run on any modern day computer, since it was so detailed. Just because you know how to map and can detail shit so well, doesn't mean it's going to run on anyone's computers.

Oh, and the hammer grid is limited.

I win.

Bwhahaha..

Alas, how the subtleties of sarcasm elude you, Bacon tongue.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Andrew83
Posted: February 22, 2008 09:37 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

QUOTE (Rogan @ February 18, 2008 06:52 pm)
If I could I would play the beta but just dont know where to get it tongue.gif.
Anyway on to the map thing...if i learnt how to code or map,I would but i cant besides i dont learn that anyway even though i whizz through typing storys on computer and doing formulas in Excel  cool.gif  laugh.gif  ohmy.gif  sad.gif  unsure.gif  blink.gif  unsure.gif  ph34r.gif  blubbern.gif

edit:Anyone know a normal mapper and coder?

For someone who whizzes through typing stories and doing formulas in Excel, something tells me the concept of punctuation seems to elude him as well. tongue.gif

As cool as some elements of that game would be in BBS, I dont think you realize the massive amount of time that would go into making that, as well as the time that goes into all aspects of game design, or even understand what kind of requirements each person on a game design team has in their job.

I'll admit Im new to it game design and dont understand all aspects of it myself, but I can tell you its quite a bit of work. I cant imagine being a major developer dealing with actual deadlines to get a game released to store shelves. Not to mention the backlash of releasing something that cost millions of dollars to produce and could potentially turn out to be a piece of crap.

Go easy on the smilies dude huh.gif ohmy.gif blubbern.gif blink.gif cool.gif laugh.gif 8===D~~ (_*_)

This post has been edited by Andrew83 on February 22, 2008 09:40 pm

--------------------
My Tower Of Power:
ASUS Striker Extreme Mobo - Toughpower 850W PSU - Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 2.93GHz -
Rosewill RCX-Z3 Heatsink - 2X GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB / SLI - 4X Corsair 2GB XMS2 RAM (8 Gigs Total) - 2X SAMSUNG LightScribe DVD Burners - 2X Western Digital 320GB Hard Drives - Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 - Vista Home Premium 64-Bit
PMEmail Poster
Johncandy12
  Posted: April 15, 2008 04:47 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

I can map number 2, but as for 3. Well, you try to map a million pipes going through a building then making it 30 floors high.

Anyway, I have played HOTD2 so much that I have everything stuck in my head.
I do have a question though, what part of the game do you want?
I can do the mansion or the area where you fight the giant chainsaw guy(just because these are easy to remember). The water area popped in my head, but people would run off with the boat then everyone would die in the water. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Johncandy12 on April 15, 2008 04:50 am

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Rogan
  Posted: May 05, 2008 01:27 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

QUOTE (Johncandy12 @ April 15, 2008 04:47 am)
I can map number 2, but as for 3. Well, you try to map a million pipes going through a building then making it 30 floors high.

Anyway, I have played HOTD2 so much that I have everything stuck in my head.
I do have a question though, what part of the game do you want?
I can do the mansion or the area where you fight the giant chainsaw guy(just because these are easy to remember). The water area popped in my head, but people would run off with the boat then everyone would die in the water. laugh.gif

ohmy.gif blink.gif happy.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif I haven't played much of HOTD 2 but I think I will go with mansion and if you can make another one you might know that would be a great help blubbern.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I am Rogan, zombies!
*blasts a zombie*
*blasts 5 zombies*
and i wi-
"Rogan help me!"
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll