Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> i got this insane suggestion!, requiem
ChivaZ
Posted: February 08, 2008 11:53 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

i read this book a few days ago, called requiem or sumthing like that. it's a Danish book, and it's about some guys and girls living at a farm, with a high fence around it, to prevent wandering zombies to get in. to get food etc. they have to take a modified jeep, to check on the fields, where they are harvesting foods. there also is a 100 miles long electric fence, witch goes from up north, near the danish city Aalborg, across Viborg, down to some minefields, which noone on the farm's know whats behind. well, outside that electric fence, there wander random zombies about. the time is summer, year 2154, and most of the world was layed waste 50 years ago, by the "mob", which was over 2 million zombies wandering together, and killing everything on their way. well, one of the nearby farms was destroyed by a giant horde, but not as big as "the mob". but dark skies are coming in, and what they don't know, is that "the mob" is on their way! a day at the field, Lars and Erik, sees trillions of zombies coming out of the woods. and drives their tractor back to farm as fast as they can. everyone on the farm defend it, with regular rifles, not machine guns, and some swords.

this could be the most AWESOME defense map, where hordes of zombies attacks the farm. there should be a shack with weapons and ammo, and the wall will fall, if not defended properly. then people must hide in houses, until they are down, and hide in rooms and try to survive an impossible situation. NPC soldiers can then come to assist after a period of time, f.x. 12 minutes. weapons should be shotguns, snipers, handguns, melee weapons, throw able items like boxes, pipes etc. missions before the big attack could be, that players need to get something, like, a pumpkin or whatsoever, or check what happend to á NPC, who had been out behind the electric fence. just a suggestion, i know álot of it might be impossible, it would be teamwork that gives victory.

--------------------
mark hamill: homer, use the foorr.. Homer: the force? Mark Hamill: no, the foorks!
PMEmail Poster
DavidRoxZoRs
Posted: February 08, 2008 10:44 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Thats actually a great idea if you ask me

That could be possibly implemented (of course I dont know considering im not on the team)

The hardest part would probably be the huge electric fence...

or making the wall fall down.

--------------------
-=U.N.C.L.E=- David
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
SDWBOSS
Posted: February 08, 2008 10:57 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

QUOTE (DavidRoxZoRs @ February 08, 2008 10:44 pm)
Thats actually a great idea if you ask me

That could be possibly implemented (of course I dont know considering im not on the team)

The hardest part would probably be the huge electric fence...

or making the wall fall down.

You could just make it a regular fence - you'd hardly have enough batteries or petrol to keep an electric fence going with enough juice to affect a zombie, after all.

But yes that would be cool - jump on the tractor to fetch a pumpkin in the middle of the field (a long way away). Then zombies than run juuust a little bit faster than the tractor come from the woods away from the farm - thus one person must drive the jeep, (and decide whether to wait for that last straggler who has to get to the pumpkin... If he doesn't they can just make it back, if he does, it will be a LOT harder to outpace the zombies...) while the rest must shoot any zombies that get too close, while conserving their precious ammo.

I like the idea!

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Luciel
Posted: February 09, 2008 11:52 am
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Group: Moderators

the problem is, by adding enough zombies to create that feeling, the game would lag like a bitch
SDWBOSS
Posted: February 09, 2008 02:28 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

QUOTE (Luciel @ February 09, 2008 11:52 am)
the problem is, by adding enough zombies to create that feeling, the game would lag like a bitch

Well yes, but that could be overcome by a zombie entity with limited AI - You would only need about 20-30 zombies in that area to really get the feeling of being surrounded I should think.

--------------------
User Posted Image
DavidRoxZoRs
Posted: February 09, 2008 05:37 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

I agree.

What I meant when I said the electric fence was, it would probably be to big

--------------------
-=U.N.C.L.E=- David
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
-=Chris Redfield=-
Posted: February 10, 2008 08:28 am
Quote Post

Baby Slayer

I couldn't imagine the map being too big. The only thing that I could think of being a problem is the difficulty part. I mean, BB was such an easy game when it came to defending, and with a lot of people playing (+8), it was a breeze.

--------------------
User Posted Image
(1) I like to beat women. (2) I like to beat babies (3) I like to beat women while beating babies (4). I like to watch women beat their babies...and then I beat the women.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
ChivaZ
Posted: February 17, 2008 09:13 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

well, if it was possible, u could just make zombies spawn in waves, u know, like they come out of the trees a bit away, so that people also would have to run back and get some ammo, before they come again? oh, yes, and btw, some of the ladies on the farm, hided with a fat woman, in the farthest house in the farm. and btw, that fat woman, had been bitten by a zombie, so it was only a matter of time. and the ladies hat some pistols, cause when the fall cudn't resist anymore, the zombies start coming in. *bom bom bom booom!*

--------------------
mark hamill: homer, use the foorr.. Homer: the force? Mark Hamill: no, the foorks!
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: February 17, 2008 11:19 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

QUOTE (ChivaZ @ February 17, 2008 09:13 am)
well, if it was possible, u could just make zombies spawn in waves, u know, like they come out of the trees a bit away, so that people also would have to run back and get some ammo, before they come again? oh, yes, and btw, some of the ladies on the farm, hided with a fat woman, in the farthest house in the farm. and btw, that fat woman, had been bitten by a zombie, so it was only a matter of time. and the ladies hat some pistols, cause when the fall cudn't resist anymore, the zombies start coming in. *bom bom bom booom!*

I understood up to "come again?"

--------------------
User Posted Image
ChivaZ
Posted: February 17, 2008 07:05 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

im danish, so sry for my bad english. well, u know, if the zombies spawned in waves, shambeling out of the woods. then each 15-30 seconds, a wave of zombies spawned in the woods. in those seconds, players will have to make it to the ammo supplies, maybe getting some HP if needed, from f.x. a kitchen. maybe someone should be a lookout, so he can warn the others when the zombies are on their way.
maybe there should be a button to the gate, so that someone could drive the jeep out, and run over so many zombies as possible, but only in emergency situations, elseway it could be dangerous.and maybe a maximum of 3 guys in the car, 1 driver, 1 other frontseat guy, and maybe a machinegunner at the back, which is sitting in a location, where zombies could crawl aboard, if not shot down. and maybe some UBER hot burning stuff, should be able to fall down at the zombies. with the press on a button. suggestions suggestion peeps! tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: February 17, 2008 08:36 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

I see what you mean now smile.gif

I'll draw a diagram

...You.....................................Lovely supplies!..............Woods........Zombie Spawn...
.................................................._____.................................................................
...****........................................|XXXX|.....................O#O#O.........._o..._o...........
...****.....---------->>..................|XXXX|.....................#O#O#............|.....|............
...****........................................I I I I I.........................||..||............/\..../\...........
...````````````````````````````````````````````^%^%^%^%````````.........
.................................................................................................<<-----------.........
............................................................................................................................

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SDWBOSS on February 17, 2008 08:41 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image
ChivaZ
Posted: February 17, 2008 09:31 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

i can send you a little drawing of what i am thinking of, if u want, cause i dont rly get ur diagram tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: February 18, 2008 01:32 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

hehe ok

You-----------Supplies---------Zombies

So you have to run towards where the zombies are coming from in order to get to the supplies, so you would have to time your run with the waves I suppose.

--------------------
User Posted Image
ChivaZ
Posted: February 22, 2008 07:21 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

ehm no tongue.gif

*ammo---------YOU----------------------GRAAAHH!!

the ammo is located in a small house, where the weapons also are. then its about players to choose what weapon they like the most, and then run to the wall, and start freaking out (:
oh, and the thing about making the wall fall: could you not just make the wall out of huge white blocks? but really heavy! so when the zombies have managed to push the blocks through, so there will be a hole, the blocks will fall like toys, making a huge hole, and the zombies start swarming in? and players falling down from the wall would prob. die, or fall down in a horde of zombies. (:

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll