Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> ~Teamplay~
mrmicky
Posted: May 20, 2011 06:18 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Group: BB:S Team

Funny old concept. Now my point is and please enlighten me Devs if this is already a thought that the team has spoken about. Most games i'v played using the source engine that involve co-operative play require Team A to get Objective A and move on-to Objective B etc...

It would be very fun to see Maps and possibly Game modes that involve Squads or Teams, I will demonstrate my suggestion using some MS paint work (I know this is really happening!)

user posted image

Ok to explain the 'Starting Zone' is where players would spawn into the game (map), the Red circles are objectives that need to be obtained which could be changed for say e.g. Disable the computers system to prevent Fred from being released from the Cryogenic chamber (I know LOLOLOL), And the Red Square is a doorway that is unlocked for players once Objective 1 is completed, which is a great idea for maps as when players re-spawn it would much easier for them to join the action with fellow team mates faster.

Now i'v explained all of the Points in the map, the suggestion... If 9 people are on the server and there are these 3 additional objectives after objective 1, with a time limit on the objectives which I'm a fan off. It would almost force the players to make deicsions such as splitting up into teams or squads in order to ensure ALL of the objectives can be collected.

Now one possible problem is, well what if people don't split up correctly and 3 go one way 4 go another way leaving 2 to run off and die. Well to fix this issue before the map is allowed to be played, players are able to assign themselves to a squad (squad 1-4, a way to fix AFK is to have auto assign for any player who does not assign after 20 seconds). Then players would know what role they must take in the map, as objectives would need to be completed by specific squads.

The whole suggestion has major issues that would need to be accounted for such as 'What if somone in squad 1 goes AFK' What if squad B is required and not enough players are on the server.

It sound like a fun idea for co-operative play and would be really intense and thrilling in a game like brainbread, which I can imagine small squads of 2-4 players going down dark corridors with only Flashlights to see infront of them, whilst in the distance they can hear Squad 2 fighting for their lives... Then all goes quiet and they do not know if squad 2 is alive, then the silence is broken and groans of surrounding zombies start to accumulate.

Last thing, I think it would be really call to get AI responsive Voice commands, like Squad 1 is under attack form infected. Then Squad 1 has aqquired The package, it's down to you Squad 2. To make things more intense hearing allys being torn to shreds through an in-game AI based Voice comm system.

Enjoy the wall of text.

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
BrainMania
Posted: May 22, 2011 03:31 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Group: Members

This would work, unfortunately i think that the group would rather stick together, since this has already been tried in ZPS and trust me no one splits off into squads.

I think a great idea to modify yours is when the players start the map, they start off at different parts of the map, make Objective A have X parts ( 1 for X amount of teams) and once objective A has been completed a different section opens up, bring the teams closer together.

A big problem with this is when one team dies and the other two are still alive, which stops progress, however by making every team have individual objective, the teams can progress on their own and without the aid of the others.

A Fantastic Idea, just needs a lil work.

~Brains

This post has been edited by BrainMania on July 12, 2011 03:19 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image
"the apocalypse will come at us like surprise buttsex in a prison shower room"

-Gordon Frohman
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll