[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Weapon balance
Jono
Posted: March 07, 2006 06:25 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Group: Members

QUOTE (Neiko @ Mar 7 2006, 02:31 AM)
I could never use the Barreta. But I could use the USP, 44SW, deagle, and glock. And the p225 is a terrible pistol imo.

ye, the sig should be altered drasticaly, as in real life its one hell of a pistol
PMEmail Poster
Mic2070
Posted: March 07, 2006 06:55 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

QUOTE (dEMolite @ Mar 6 2006, 08:35 AM)
Please Please make a Weapone like Vinyls (called in German Schaltplatten) like in Shaun of the Dead for allsos SotD fans out there biggrin.gif

lol Vinyls.
I think you should make them a grenade-like weapon (3rd slot) and stun or push the zombies.

And dual glocks own you.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
bombkangaroo
Posted: March 31, 2006 01:30 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

I agree with the point about the Beretta, 2 HS and the zombies are dead. Kind of realistic, but with the high accuracy and magazine capacity it makes it a top-tier weapon.
It's arguably as much of a must-have gun as the sawn-off or the M16.
PMEmail Poster
^Ben
Posted: April 13, 2006 04:03 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

I don't know if I've already mentioned this in other topics, but I am a big proponent of removing some of the weapons that are superfluous to each other. In my mind alot of the pistols are really "samey" and could really do with more "definiton" from each other.

Well that's an IMO of course.

--------------------
Left the BB:S Team.
PMEmail PosterICQ
Mic2070
Posted: April 14, 2006 06:10 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

QUOTE (Mic2070 @ Mar 5 2006, 11:59 AM)
Make Each weapon unique and cool to use.

That's what I meant too.
I recently played Starship Troopers with a friend and said "Shit ! That game sucks ! All the weapons are the same one !"

There's approx. 8 weapons in this game :

1/ A Rifle
2/ Another rifle
3/ The 2/ rifle with a grenade launcher (pretty useless)
4/ A shotgun (Overpowered, you kill 3 enemies with only one shot)
5/ The 2/rifle with a shotgun as secondary fire
6/ The 2/ rifle with a rapid-fire mode as secondary fire
7/ The 2/ rifle with a scope
8/ A rocket launcher

See what I mean ?

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
Valklander
Posted: April 21, 2006 05:07 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

QUOTE (MadMax_FMM @ Mar 5 2006, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Mar 5 2006, 07:54 PM)
Oh dear ben you just ruined the mod for everyone!

@hunre: rofl ^^ oh... come on wink.gif

Seriously: Canister, flamethrower & minigun is a must! BBS isn't meant to be realistical. It's an action based zombie-spladder-fun-mod with a nice atmosphere and story parts. Weapon balancing will be more focussed than in BB, but this isn't CS:S... and what is realistical?... zombies? Come on... wink.gif

Don't say like that. The fact is, more realistic weapons, more BALLS. I'd say i'ts a way more funner to shoot with real firearms instead of BB, air-guns etc. .

Which means, in the game they'd be a lot more cooler and fun when at least somewhat realistic. Im quite sure, most people here thinks same as me. Even you!

And about the super weapons of the game, i think Flamethrower and minigun (which both are actually quite powerless) should be replaced with something more realistic (therefore COOLER) like M249, MG3, FN MAG etc.

From those I'd prefer the MG3 most. http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg08-e.htm
You should guess, why.

This post has been edited by Valklander on April 21, 2006 05:20 pm
PMEmail Poster
^Ben
Posted: April 21, 2006 05:55 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Yeah the flamethrower is just annoying(toasty teammates!) and the minigun is just god awful weak!

They will both definattly be changed.

--------------------
Left the BB:S Team.
PMEmail PosterICQ
hunter
Posted: April 21, 2006 07:11 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

I hated both them weapons, a gattling gun though come on!

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: April 24, 2006 06:47 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

QUOTE (Valklander @ Apr 21 2006, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (MadMax_FMM @ Mar 5 2006, 07:03 PM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Mar 5 2006, 07:54 PM)
Oh dear ben you just ruined the mod for everyone!

@hunre: rofl ^^ oh... come on wink.gif

Seriously: Canister, flamethrower & minigun is a must! BBS isn't meant to be realistical. It's an action based zombie-spladder-fun-mod with a nice atmosphere and story parts. Weapon balancing will be more focussed than in BB, but this isn't CS:S... and what is realistical?... zombies? Come on... wink.gif

Don't say like that. The fact is, more realistic weapons, more BALLS. I'd say i'ts a way more funner to shoot with real firearms instead of BB, air-guns etc. .

Which means, in the game they'd be a lot more cooler and fun when at least somewhat realistic. Im quite sure, most people here thinks same as me. Even you!

And about the super weapons of the game, i think Flamethrower and minigun (which both are actually quite powerless) should be replaced with something more realistic (therefore COOLER) like M249, MG3, FN MAG etc.

From those I'd prefer the MG3 most. http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg08-e.htm
You should guess, why.

Unless there is a military class, those weapons are absolutely unobtainable by regular civilians dude. I don't even think SWAT has that shit, I could be wrong. Just because zombies are an unrealistic idea doesn't mean the weapons you use has to be unrealistic too. Have some common sense people. Gosh, GOSH, GOSH!!!
PM
Elite viking
Posted: April 24, 2006 08:20 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Heavens gate is flooded over by zombies. Assuming this is America it is stuffed with legal weapons such as hunting rifles or semi automatic pistols. Also there's probably a police department there, with riot gear and heavier weaponry (smg's, grenade launchers, combat shotguns) and lastly, there are military forces in the city. They're waging a losing war, and there should be lots of "lost outposts" filled with blood, bodies and military guns.

This post has been edited by Elite viking on April 24, 2006 08:20 pm
PMEmail Poster
Hobo Ninja
Posted: April 24, 2006 10:39 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (^Ben @ Mar 5 2006, 10:21 AM)
How woud you kill the zombie Kangaroo's!

Oshi-, I've said too much ph34r.gif

user posted image

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterICQAOLYahoo
Security Corporate
Posted: April 25, 2006 01:10 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

QUOTE (Elite viking @ Apr 24 2006, 12:20 PM)
Heavens gate is flooded over by zombies. Assuming this is America it is stuffed with legal weapons such as hunting rifles or semi automatic pistols. Also there's probably a police department there, with riot gear and heavier weaponry (smg's, grenade launchers, combat shotguns) and lastly, there are military forces in the city. They're waging a losing war, and there should be lots of "lost outposts" filled with blood, bodies and military guns.

Ok, that's true. You got me there.

Rant:

What I don't get though is that in zombie movies, military forces or police get swarmed to easily by SHUFFLING zombies. What the fuck is that? They can't just run back, then shoot? And everyone likes to write about how a entire line of heavy machine guns can't stop a few hundred freaking slow as hell zombies. Get a fucking grip people, we don't go down THAT easily. And don't we have tanks and artillery and planes? They make places get overrun like its the easiest damn thing in the world. Like what the hell?! Nobody has any hope for their own race anymore. Losers!
PM
Mic2070
Posted: April 25, 2006 08:45 am
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

QUOTE (Security Corporate @ Apr 24 2006, 05:10 PM)

Rant:

What I don't get though is that in zombie movies, military forces or police get swarmed to easily by SHUFFLING zombies. What the fuck is that? They can't just run back, then shoot? And everyone likes to write about how a entire line of heavy machine guns can't stop a few hundred freaking slow as hell zombies. Get a fucking grip people, we don't go down THAT easily. And don't we have tanks and artillery and planes? They make places get overrun like its the easiest damn thing in the world. Like what the hell?! Nobody has any hope for their own race anymore. Losers!

Because :

1) They run out of ammo
2) Those guys couldn't shoot an elephant
3) There are millions of zombies out there !

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
hunter
Posted: April 25, 2006 04:50 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Security corporate i know what your talking about man! Take resident evil 3 intro for example! tongue.gif Why can they just hold up in a building or even get on top of there cars, wouldnt that work?

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Elite viking
Posted: April 25, 2006 10:28 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

I hate the concept of zombies overrunning earth but I love it after they've succeeded.
All armies on the planet combined are several hundred million guys aremd to the teeth. They have bombers, planes, battleshipss, armor, carriers and who knows what else.
It's simply odd that they loose in a matter of days. Take DotD. Two survivors from that fort? no way!

And no one thinks of boarding up in a house or living on a roof, except a tiny group of survivors.
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 123
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll