[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Quality and Quantity, A discussion about Zombie's Look
Not From Antarctica
Posted: January 17, 2008 06:29 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Group: Members

Sweet

Also will there be any other attributes besides skill, hp and speed? Like say Strength in melee? Or maybe sneak? so you could sneak past them? ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Not From Antarctica on January 17, 2008 07:13 am

--------------------
[URL="http://www.explosm.net/comics/1132/"]
User Posted Image[/URL]
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
PMEmail Poster
Not From Antarctica
Posted: January 19, 2008 03:46 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Will some1 please reply with something useful?! I'm bored! also as mentioned in other threads, can we have a bear zombie, Licker type creatures and a creature kinda like El Gigante

--------------------
User Posted Image[/URL]
PMEmail Poster
Snow!
Posted: January 19, 2008 06:55 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Group: Moderators

Sure!

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: January 19, 2008 10:01 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Yes why not smile.gif
Oh wait, no we can't sad.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Not From Antarctica
Posted: January 23, 2008 11:23 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Bummer, Then i think ill learn how to skin, script and animate at some point in my life.

--------------------
User Posted Image[/URL]
PMEmail Poster
mallic
Posted: January 23, 2008 01:24 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

Group: BB:S Team

Hey mate you can edit posts try not to double post TO much. (we all make mistakes or forget, or try to rez a discussion every once in awhile)

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: January 25, 2008 07:09 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

I don't like the addition of any more creatures. Other than maybe some animals and FRED, lets keep other mutated things out of reach. It would not be the Brainbread I know if there were things like "lickers" and stuff.

Also, is there like a master list of all the BB:S devs? I know there's quite a bit of you guys, but none of us known how many, who, and who does what. It'd be nice if ya'll shed some light on this. We're very info needy people. blubbern.gif

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on January 25, 2008 07:09 am
PM
Ed_Oscuro
Posted: January 26, 2008 06:56 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Talking zombies?

Ehh...

Right, now I am concerned about the "Brainbread Classic" effort; it's not a bad idea but it sounds like the guy(s?) working on it hit some engine limits or...something (he didn't know what causes the crash at the time of his posting, and that's not encouraging).

Plus, work towards BB:C is not work towards BB:S, and as the days keep moving along other games like L4D move closer and closer. I'm afraid all the fans are going to move on to other things.

Hope this doesn't rub anybody the wrong way since you people have done great work over the years. However, I think it also shouldn't be any problem to talk about the fact that there is a sort of issue with a professional game coming out in this genre for the Source engine. It also seems like it's going to have more variety and people like that. Is there really even going to be a place in the "market" for a game like BB:S (even if it's free)?
PMEmail Poster
bacon333
Posted: February 08, 2008 04:30 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

Generally, we put out videos with bad animations so people will come bitching into the forums and we will have more forums. Sure, it's not for the greatest, but it works. Shit has been real slow here lately.

EDIT: Btw, don't take me seriously. I'm only a mapper...

Now to a far more serious answer:

Anyway, to answer your question, yeah, we will have custom zombie animations. For sure.

This post has been edited by bacon333 on February 08, 2008 04:31 am
PMEmail Poster
Not From Antarctica
Posted: February 24, 2008 08:11 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

QUOTE (bacon333 @ February 08, 2008 04:30 am)
Generally, we put out videos with bad animations so people will come bitching into the forums and we will have more forums. Sure, it's not for the greatest, but it works. Shit has been real slow here lately.

Anyway, to answer your question, yeah, we will have custom zombie animations. For sure.

Shit man if your a mapper can you make sure to add the possibilty of barricades? because if you just run around like a retard the time it could get boring...Fast. also may I suggest a protective map, where you must protect an NPC or maybe a building. You could have Ai nodes to make the zombies go to the building.

--------------------
User Posted Image[/URL]
PMEmail Poster
Luciel
Posted: February 25, 2008 12:21 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Group: Moderators

QUOTE (Not From Antarctica @ February 24, 2008 08:11 am)
QUOTE (bacon333 @ February 08, 2008 04:30 am)

Shit man if your a mapper can you make sure to add the possibilty of barricades? because if you just run around like a retard the time it could get boring...Fast. also may I suggest a protective map, where you must protect an NPC or maybe a building. You could have Ai nodes to make the zombies go to the building.

we just "run around like retards" in BB and it wasn´t boring...

mappers have nothing to do with integrating barricades into the game mate...
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Not From Antarctica
  Posted: June 05, 2008 01:28 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

IM BEEAAACK! happy.gif

Anyhoo, its been a couple of months................ and... um..... hmm... Whats to say? huh.gif

Now what? So as far as we know, theres only like 2 modelerz and the maps and coding are pretty much complete. So what is there to do? It looks almost as if this forum has come to a grinding halt. mellow.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image[/URL]
PMEmail Poster
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: June 06, 2008 12:43 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

I'd say it's the time when everyone's lazy. That's what I at least think... It's like, laziness is stopping you from doing everything.

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Zombie Assassin
Posted: June 13, 2008 01:42 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (Not From Antarctica @ January 12, 2008 01:50 am)
Hello Everyone, I know I'm just the new guy but I have to ask a question...

Will we see the 2 Qs in BB:S? I mean to make it for diverse there should be atleast 6 zombie models and about 4 custom animations for there walking, talking, attacking, etc. Because I find it hard when playing BB to get the real zombie feeling when there are only 3 zombie models with barley any "zombie personality" I mean they walk at you like crappy star wars robots.

And Please PLEASE don't use the zombie animations from HL2 because they only work for horrible looking things like headcrab zombies.

Which Brings me to another question: Can you make the GORE system more realistic? like only shotguns blow chunks out of them because you won't see many berettas in real life blowing off part of, even a rotting humans head! And will there be ragdoll arms and legs for when you blow them off?

P.S What will Fred the Farmer look like? Will there be any changes?  blink.gif

Things in this quote that are in Bold text are things that I am talking about.

Not From Antarctica, this was said last year, I think, and I think it was from one of the mods/admins. But probably the mods.

They said something like "This is meant to be an ARCADE game. Besides, it's fun chopping their heads off with an axe... I hope that you'll be able to punch their heads off laugh.gif . But still, I agree with you. Maybe a couple new animations, but not too many. I mean, they used only 1 zombie model and the HeadCrab Zombie from HL2 model for all the zombies, and it still looked great.

And, zombie's don't talk. They have a standing animation, and they just moan randomly. I mean, having an animation for talking is just a waste of time.

This post has been edited by Zombie Assassin on June 13, 2008 01:44 am
PM
CozmicShredder
  Posted: July 01, 2008 01:05 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Well as it goes I am sure they are not just going to use the basic HL2 animations. Making new animations isn't that difficult as I have seen but creating a totally new Model from scratch is a major job.

I don't model but I have watched my friends create models from scratch in a design studio and let me say making a hand animation from scratch takes countless hours not to mention an entire body takes weeks maybe even a month to perfect with walking animations that's unless you don't have a steady job or a busy life.

Good thing is I am sure without a doubt the guys that took the BBS project on can manipulate the basic HL2 textures and can add new animations to what is already there but seeing how BBS has gotten popular just by being associated with BB could and will bring more developers to the table.

I have talked to all the guys that have been on the BBS project from Ben^ to SniperX and not even sure who's is on the project now but seeing their previous works I am sure they can and will have a great well polished mod once all the bugs are worked out.

I sure love all you guys here sorry I have not been much a contributer here but at least I support all you lovely warm and sometimes ungodly creatures! wub.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahoo
Pages: 123
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll