[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> ######## Mode, A Suggestion By Brains
BrainMania
Posted: May 15, 2011 07:10 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Group: Members

Brains Here,

Hard Core Mode is a idea i had for BB ages ago.

Hard Core Mode will include

- Higher Infection Rates If attacked by Zombies ( 2-3 Hits get you infected, stronger zombies get you infected outright.)

- Zombies are Faster, Stronger and can take more punishment.

- Friendly Bots don't respawn.

- Once you are a zombie you are unable to change back to human.

- Undead Zombies can Reanimate where they died.

- Human Weapons are Highly Deadly, and if utilised in the correct way, do fatal damage to zombies, However...

- ...They also do catastrophic damage to fellow teammates and bots, usually wounding them fatally, if not killing them. ( More than 3-4 TKs should get a kick, 6-7 gets you a ban, for all those people who think TKing is funny.)

- Zombie Spawn Points are Random.

- Ammo Crates only have so much amount of ammo, and will not respawn once used up.

I think this mode will make the BB experience a more brutal and punishing one, but in the end, it will be for those people who are BB Veterans, Like Myself.I don't see this becoming a reality but it would be a interesting idea for the Mod Devs to throw around.

Yours Deadly, Brains

EDIT

Excuse the title, ive got some sort of child safety thing on. O.o

This post has been edited by BrainMania on May 15, 2011 07:11 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image
"the apocalypse will come at us like surprise buttsex in a prison shower room"

-Gordon Frohman
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: May 15, 2011 09:58 pm
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

Group: BB:S Team

Some of those are cool, some I don't really agree with. Like, you should either get infected easier, or be perma zombie, not both. =/

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Lanzaa
Posted: May 15, 2011 10:28 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Your Hard Core mode sounds like a combination of several things I would want separated.

Difficulty settings would handle higher infection rates and zombie ability levels.

A friendly fire setting for damaging teammates.

A survival mode for removing bot, ammo, and player respawn.

Then Hard Core mode could just be a combination of the three.
PM
BrainMania
Posted: May 15, 2011 10:33 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

QUOTE (Lanzaa @ May 15, 2011 02:28 pm)
Your Hard Core mode sounds like a combination of several things I would want separated.

Difficulty settings would handle higher infection rates and zombie ability levels.

Maybe a Sandbox Mode?

You can customise the difficulty just how you would like?

--------------------
User Posted Image

-Gordon Frohman
PMEmail Poster
FirehawkBBs
Posted: May 15, 2011 11:24 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

QUOTE (BrainMania @ May 15, 2011 10:33 pm)

Maybe a Sandbox Mode?

You can customise the difficulty just how you would like?

Then a player needs to know the setting before he is going to join, we need a hardcore mode which have standard settings

human controlled zombies
*1. zombie wil be a permanent zombie. (till next round)
*2. zombie gets an extra infection skill (goes with setting 1.
*3. zombie will get a special attack that will punch the weapons out of the human his hand (then the human walks with the AXE ) goes with a hungry bar which will increase when you hit/kill a human.
*4. zombie will get a sort of scream "HELP USS" which will place a sort of arrow on the other players screen, and knows where to help. ( NOW THIS SCREAM WONT EVEN BE NOTICED BY THE HUMANS BECAUSE ITS JUST LIKE THE NORMAL BB TAUNTS: JOIN USS, HINGER!, ROOOAR ETC

**This will increase the zombie experience in a good, not to overpowered way and will increase the communication of the zombies.**

Human controlled humans

will be here tommorow maybe... now go to bed.

This post has been edited by FirehawkBBs on May 15, 2011 11:25 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image
IronOakStudios deserves a new forum :)
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: May 16, 2011 06:53 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

QUOTE (Lanzaa @ May 15, 2011 03:28 pm)

I agree.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
BrainMania
Posted: May 16, 2011 12:12 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

I like this idea, Alot.

--------------------
User Posted Image

-Gordon Frohman
PMEmail Poster
mallic
Posted: May 20, 2011 04:06 am
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

Your hardcore mode sounds like you have been playing zombie panic source lol.

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: May 20, 2011 02:02 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

It's a good concept, and alot of work and planning needs to go into a project like this. So I'd say if you are completly serious about something like a HardCore mode (or any mode name of choice) then we really need to wait till a Beta is available to test if said mode is necessary.

But none the less, this is suggestions and this is a great suggestion biggrin.gif

My reasoning behind needing some basic information regarding the gameplay of the Mod is that we can only speculate how the mode should be built in regards to BrainBread, where as it may be completly unecessary and have no place in BrainBread Source.

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
BrainMania
Posted: May 20, 2011 11:32 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

QUOTE (mrmicky @ May 20, 2011 06:02 am)
It's a good concept, and alot of work and planning needs to go into a project like this. So I'd say if you are completly serious about something like a ######## mode (or any mode name of choice) then we really need to wait till a Beta is available to test if said mode is necessary.

But none the less, this is suggestions and this is a great suggestion biggrin.gif

My reasoning behind needing some basic information regarding the gameplay of the Mod is that we can only speculate how the mode should be built in regards to BrainBread, where as it may be completly unecessary and have no place in BrainBread Source.

I think that "Hard Core" should be changed to "Apocalypse Mode" Or "FUBAR (###### Up Beyond All Recognition.) Mode" because alot of games use ######## mode as a name, since it is meant for veteran players.

Now time to write some interesting zombie fiction!

-Brains

--------------------
User Posted Image

-Gordon Frohman
PMEmail Poster
FirehawkBBs
Posted: May 21, 2011 11:14 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

QUOTE (BrainMania @ May 20, 2011 11:32 pm)
QUOTE (mrmicky @ May 20, 2011 06:02 am)
It's a good concept, and alot of work and planning needs to go into a project like this. So I'd say if you are completly serious about something like a ######## mode (or any mode name of choice) then we really need to wait till a Beta is available to test if said mode is necessary.

But none  the less, this is suggestions and this is a great suggestion biggrin.gif

I think that "Hard Core" should be changed to "Apocalypse Mode" Or "FUBAR (###### Up Beyond All Recognition.) Mode" because alot of games use ######## mode as a name, since it is meant for veteran players.

Now time to write some interesting zombie fiction!

-Brains

You know, all the plans we have, i think this mod will be even better then left 4 dead? maybe not the looking of it, but the things we have, Modes, different zombie gameplay style, co-op up the **/** players and MISSIONS biggrin.gif

This mod IS better then left4dead and i think if we got the release we can improve the environment to the max!

it will be great. biggrin.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: May 21, 2011 11:46 am
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Advertisment.

--------------------
User Posted Image

PMEmail Poster
FirehawkBBs
Posted: May 21, 2011 12:39 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

QUOTE (mrmicky @ May 21, 2011 11:46 am)
Advertisment.

??

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: May 21, 2011 02:15 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

QUOTE (FirehawkBBs @ May 21, 2011 11:14 am)
-Brains
You know, all the plans we have, i think this mod will be even better then left 4 dead? maybe not the looking of it, but the things we have, Modes, different zombie gameplay style, co-op up the **/** players and MISSIONS biggrin.gif

This mod IS better then left4dead and i think if we got the release we can improve the environment to the max!

Was refering to this, sorry if it was unclear; which I can now see it it. Left 4 Dead was a average game, it had specific cons which did nearly outweigh it's pros.

I think L4D did a great job of advertising the release of the game, which in turn builds a great base for active forum users. Using concept art, screenshots and even a few video gameplay uploads to Youtube, L4D swiftly became the game every 'Zombie FPS Steam loveing' person was highly anticipating.

Now in the case of BrainBread Source, we are relying on amazing gameplay to make up for the fact that it has not been advertised to wider sources (as of yet). Which I hope it someday will do and could possibly 'Bring in' the 'Noobies' to the forum.

I think the BBS team are doing a great job reviving a game that has so much potential, and hope that they can finish with a project that is neat and tidy for users to play. (Which I felt L4D was not).

Now I'm deffinatly no wizz when it comes to advertisment nor would I really know where to start, so the chance of me assisting with help on this subject is slim. But what I do know is, before the release of L4D everyone I knew was highly anticipating the games release; because they had heard about it. Where from? Well that really doesn't matter, it just matters about spreading the word, uploading some finished models / work in progress to let the public get their juicy teeth into some ripe media.

Now don't flame me for asking for Media, as i'm a old-school still playing BrainBread actually, and do not require media to be satisfied, just the knowledge that the team are working at the Mod suffices.

But like i'v wrote, in order to gain some Mod interest, advertisment is key.

--------------------
User Posted Image

PMEmail Poster
BrainMania
Posted: May 22, 2011 02:54 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

QUOTE (mrmicky @ May 21, 2011 06:15 am)
QUOTE (FirehawkBBs @ May 21, 2011 11:14 am)
-Brains

Was refering to this, sorry if it was unclear; which I can now see it it. Left 4 Dead was a average game, it had specific cons which did nearly outweigh it's pros.

I think L4D did a great job of advertising the release of the game, which in turn builds a great base for active forum users. Using concept art, screenshots and even a few video gameplay uploads to Youtube, L4D swiftly became the game every 'Zombie FPS Steam loveing' person was highly anticipating.

Now in the case of BrainBread Source, we are relying on amazing gameplay to make up for the fact that it has not been advertised to wider sources (as of yet). Which I hope it someday will do and could possibly 'Bring in' the 'Noobies' to the forum.

I think the BBS team are doing a great job reviving a game that has so much potential, and hope that they can finish with a project that is neat and tidy for users to play. (Which I felt L4D was not).

Now I'm deffinatly no wizz when it comes to advertisment nor would I really know where to start, so the chance of me assisting with help on this subject is slim. But what I do know is, before the release of L4D everyone I knew was highly anticipating the games release; because they had heard about it. Where from? Well that really doesn't matter, it just matters about spreading the word, uploading some finished models / work in progress to let the public get their juicy teeth into some ripe media.

Now don't flame me for asking for Media, as i'm a old-school still playing BrainBread actually, and do not require media to be satisfied, just the knowledge that the team are working at the Mod suffices.

But like i'v wrote, in order to gain some Mod interest, advertisment is key.

Meh i could help you guys with the advertising end, since im studing advertising.
happy.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image

-Gordon Frohman
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll