[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Biohazard.
OskarJ
Posted: February 13, 2008 03:08 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

Hello!

This is a question to the people who made BrainBread! So if all the other people on this forum could stay away from typing here, it would be nice.

A lot of people are waiting for BB Source and BB v1.2 is getting rather old. Me and me fellow mates at Demonic Puppy Games are really loving BrainBread, we are making new maps, models and just about everything that's in the game.

So my question is the following;
Would we be allowed to make a mod based on the brainbread coding? The mods name will be BIOHAZARD. We have come a long way on the mod, nobody knows about it yet, so if you don't want us to use your code we wont release it.

But you are being credited for you work, in the splash screen, below the BIOHAZARD text it says "BASED ON BRAINBREAD" so it will always be visible, there will also be a credit file in the´mod folder with your names in it.

and if we are allowed to release this there will be commersials about BB source in the maps.

We might also add a singleplayer campain mode.

So what do you guys say, are we allowed to use BRAINBREAD as the base for our little mod?

Thanks! /Oskar from DPG.
PMEmail Poster
_CiviliaN^SoldieR_
Posted: February 14, 2008 12:09 am
Quote Post

civilized d00d

Group: Moderators

Sounds cool, but strange. I think it would probably be best to email the leaders and speak more in-depth about this.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Vox_Bloodstone
Posted: February 14, 2008 03:26 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

QUOTE (OskarJ @ February 13, 2008 03:08 pm)
Hello!

This is a question to the people who made BrainBread! So if all the other people on this forum could stay away from typing here, it would be nice.

A lot of people are waiting for BB Source and BB v1.2 is getting rather old. Me and me fellow mates at Demonic Puppy Games are really loving BrainBread, we are making new maps, models and just about everything that's in the game.

Would we be allowed to make a mod based on the brainbread coding? The mods name will be BIOHAZARD. We have come a long way on the mod, nobody knows about it yet, so if you don't want us to use your code we wont release it.

But you are being credited for you work, in the splash screen, below the BIOHAZARD text it says "BASED ON BRAINBREAD" so it will always be visible, there will also be a credit file in the´mod folder with your names in it.

and if we are allowed to release this there will be commersials about BB source in the maps.

So what do you guys say, are we allowed to use BRAINBREAD as the base for our little mod?

Thanks! /Oskar from DPG.

civ me an rosend have already started to improve Brain Bread, so this guy's abit late to be asking to update it me and rosend with a few coders are already near beta for the new bb

sorry bud but we've asked the creators of BB and they said we could, you can't have 2 teams trying to create a new Brain Bread :S huh.gif huh.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: February 14, 2008 05:11 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

I thought this was a great idea.

Maybe you guys can make 2 different versions...

Vox+team with the enhancement version, and you, Oskar, with the mod BIOHAZARD.

I really think your idea's great, but I also agree with Civ. If you can(you probably did already) PM Zpin or Madmax and explain about this.

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Security Corporate
Posted: February 14, 2008 07:53 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

This may sound complicated as all hell, but maybe both development teams could merge and create a combined and entirely new product that has the best from both teams. Farfetched I know, but hey, just a suggestion.
PM
OskarJ
Posted: February 14, 2008 08:42 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Well, obviously it would have been easier just to PM the moderators, but honestly, I didn't know who they where, so I just started a thread insted!

And don't get me wrong here, BIOHAZARD isn't supposed to be a cool completly new version of BB, me and the guys are working on another mod, called "HL: Off It's Fucking Head". And I was originally only doing music, textures and skins aswell as co-lead it, but things happend and they need me as a mapper and to do some other sprite-related stuff and so on.

But my mapping skills are a bit rusty, so I started this little BIOHAZARD thing as kind of a warm up project, you know. Fix the glitches and the stuff we aren't happy about in BB aswell as get our skills back on track!

So, BIOHAZARD is more of a facelift then a mod, really. Exept for the Singleplayer part that I planned on adding.

And that's also why I have the text "BASED ON BRAINBREAD" under the head title on the spashscreen, because really, this is just a facelift.

New bit's of coding will probably be added though, like you said in the thread for the BB taht you guys are working on, there will be more zombies!

What's been done so far:
-A few maps (I'll give you a linky to my map later)

-The colors on the consol and all the text in the game (it's now as red as blood)

-New models, mostly playermodels, we are working on the zombies, the zombies are only re-skinned at the moment.
And the player models look like the guys on my team!

-New hud sprites.

So we are pretty far gone for a project that's only been in action for about a week or so!

Here's a link to one of the finnished maps: http://twhl.co.za/mapvault_map.php?id=4999

EDIT:
You know what we could do? You know Valves orange box?
We could make a "zombie box" wich would include:
BrainBread 1.2 (wich we could name BrainBread Classic)
Your version of BrainBread
Biohazard multiplayer
Biohazard Singleplayer

Doesn't that sound nice?

This post has been edited by OskarJ on February 14, 2008 10:35 am
PMEmail Poster
_CiviliaN^SoldieR_
Posted: February 14, 2008 01:44 pm
Quote Post

civilized d00d

Group: Moderators

Sounds strange to make a copy of Brain Bread, just editted. When Brainbread: Source and a improved Brainbread is already on the way. Not only are you having your work credited to a huge team your also going to have less chance of people even playing it. Afterall, it's going to be the same game, just modified abit.

For your work I think you should make your own mod with your own ideas that make it intriguing to play.

Just my opinion to save your work.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: February 14, 2008 04:56 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Well I would be quite interested in a single player mode for Brainbread - if you re-vamped your game and called it Brain-Bread: Lone Survivor or something, then I bet a lot of people would download it just to play the single payer levels.

Hell, you would only have to make game levels, some extra zombie models, NPCs and make your own scenarios to create a really awesome single player experience.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
OskarJ
Posted: February 16, 2008 07:14 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Yeah, I've talked to the people on my team. Biohazard won't have anything to do with barinbread anymore, it will be a singleplayer zombiemod!

It will probably have a multiplayermode aswell, it will be rather similar to the BB system, but no skillpoints. And you need an antidote for the zombievirus before you can turn back.

The levels will be very different, they will be coop levels with singleplayer styled puzzles and so on.

So yeah, it will be our own coding and all that suff! smile.gif

Hopefully this will get finnished. This re-discussed mod is still in the idea stage. If we get our coder to do the stuff we need it's a pice of cake. but if the stuff that we have planned out isn't possible, then we just can't do it!

Our goal is to make a singleplayer/multiplayer game that is just as fun as BB, our goal is not to 'steal' the BB fans, we just want to make a mod that's a good option when you've played BB for a week and file like playing another zombie game!

We're still up for the Zombie Box thing if you guys feel like putting together the most awesome package ever. We could wait untill BBS is finnished and unleash this viral, flesheating experience then!

BTW
If you need music for your game, or BBS, I could probably help you out.
PMEmail Poster
Lucan
Posted: March 07, 2008 09:54 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

QUOTE (Vox_Bloodstone @ February 14, 2008 03:26 am)
QUOTE (OskarJ @ February 13, 2008 03:08 pm)
Hello!

Thanks! /Oskar from DPG.

civ me an rosend have already started to improve Brain Bread, so this guy's abit late to be asking to update it me and rosend with a few coders are already near beta for the new bb

sorry bud but we've asked the creators of BB and they said we could, you can't have 2 teams trying to create a new Brain Bread :S huh.gif huh.gif

...Why not? Yes, you can, actually, phisiclay, mentally, and, i think, lawfully. Besides the chances of you creating something completley identical to his is something like 1-10,000.

This post has been edited by Lucan on March 07, 2008 09:54 pm
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll