Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Halloween Media Release!
khazard
Posted: November 05, 2007 05:20 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

Thats just input and some of my points are very correct. 500 testers vs 5 testers whats going to bring in result. It's a really simple concept.

Alternate Descriptions of Profit.
1. to gain an advantage or benefit: He profited greatly from his schooling.
2. to take advantage: to profit from the weaknesses of others.
3. to be of service or benefit.
4. to make progress.

Thus, A larger fan base could be a profit. Try to think of other terms before you start flaming certain phrases. It makes people sound uneducated when they do that.

I'm tell you all of this because why? By the time you come out with this people are going to be done with Source why you may ask? Great Question! The CryENGINE2 has show GREAT superiority to the source engine. Why bother with an out dated engine when the newest of engines are going to bring the gamers. Gamers play the newest best thing when it is here, sure we may play some older games but i'm going to be all over Crysis.

And which point I would probably think to myself "well brain bread was fun, but oh well they haven't made any really visible progress. Thats to bad sad.gif "

I tell you what make an Open Beta and watch your fan base grow, the Longer you wait the smaller your fan base will be and the more people will leak out and forget all about BB.

This post has been edited by khazard on November 05, 2007 05:34 am
PMEmail Poster
khazard
Posted: November 05, 2007 05:37 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

QUOTE (SDWBOSS @ November 03, 2007 01:04 pm)
I'd love to read what khazard posts as his experience with modding, so we can all admire his skills and dedication... Oh wait, actually all he does is sit in front of his computer screen all day, pwning teh n00bs all day on CS and living rent-free with his parents.
Obviously he is far too busy to actually stop and think what the fuck he's doing with his life, other than badger other people to release a mod he doesn't even want to play anyway.

Wise up, fucktard - you're gonna run out of friends real fast unless you grow up and get out.

Wow thats a good one, where did you get it from? The book of I'm to lame to think up anything new?
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: November 05, 2007 05:54 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

QUOTE (khazard @ November 04, 2007 09:20 pm)
Thats just input and some of my points are very correct.  500 testers vs 5 testers whats going to bring in result. It's a really simple concept.

1.  to gain an advantage or benefit: He profited greatly from his schooling.
2.      to take advantage: to profit from the weaknesses of others.
3.  to be of service or benefit.
4.  to make progress.

Thus, A larger fan base could be a profit. Try to think of other terms before you start flaming certain phrases. It makes people sound uneducated when they do that.

I'm tell you all of this because why? By the time you come out with this people are going to be done with Source why you may ask?  Great Question! The CryENGINE2 has show GREAT superiority to the source engine. Why bother with an out dated engine when the newest of engines are going to bring the gamers. Gamers play the newest best thing when it is here, sure we may play some older games but i'm going to be all over Crysis.

And which point I would probably think to myself "well brain bread was fun, but oh well they haven't made any really visible progress. Thats to bad sad.gif "   

I tell you what make an Open Beta and watch your fan base grow, the Longer you wait the smaller your fan base will be and the more people will leak out and forget all about BB.

If you're going to be all over The Crysis engine, that's fine. But that doesn't mean the thousands if not millions of people still playing Source engine games are going to. Mods for Half Life 1 are even still popular because they're that good, not because the graphics are outdated by a good amount of years. Look at Counter Strike 1.6.

One of the reasons why the Source engine is popular and will still be popular is because of it's versitality. Not everyone has a powerful computer to run really high-end games like Crysis. Source can play on a lot of different systems. The more kind of computers a game can support, the more will play it simply because not everyone spends money on 1337 computer parts.

As for closed/open beta testing, you are wrong in this case. The first Brainbread started with only a small group of testers before it was released to the public. And guess what? People still play Brainbread. No one has forgotten about it, which is why BB:S is going on in the first place. It is better this way because a more polished version is more enjoyable than one riddled with bugs, and knowing players, they will be picky and get turned off by the game just because of glitches.

You obviously didn't respect anyone here enough to read what the BB:S developers themselves posted on that, and that is why SDW didn't waste his intelligence trying to talk to you. If all you have is bad things to say about the way things are being done, then get the hell out. You think you know more than anyone else here, but that really is not the case. You are contributing nothing but shit, and therefore are useless.

This post has been edited by Ari on November 05, 2007 05:58 am
PM
Erykgecko
Posted: November 05, 2007 09:23 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Group: Moderators

Wow thats a good one, where did you get it from? The book of I'm to lame to think up anything new?

and yet you still didn't actually enlighten us with what experience you do have...

although I have to give you credit, I honestly thought you'd be a one post wonder,

having said that, you obviously didnt actually take the time to sit and read and think about what we developers posted back, especially my last post where I more or less guaranteed that the beta will be open to the entire public rather than closed, so really this is an entirely mute point anyway.

but still, regardless, at the end of the day, nothing will be released to anybody until we feel that its ready to be released, its absolutly pointless to release anything less than a playable and fun mod, unless we have at least 75-80% of what made the original mod great, then whatever we release is going to be a disappointment, and that will cost us more fans than having no beta release at all.

and besides, it's irrelevant what engine a mod is developed for, what matters is how suited the mod is to the engine, crysis is all about huge open spaces and good ai and shit, brainbread quite simply isn't, it's gameplay is best realised on the half life engine, plain and simple, and if your argument had any validity, well, every mod would be fucked before it even began, theres lots of engines coming out all the time, u3's, quake4's, stalkers, bioshocks to name a few, yet the majority of mods still continue on source engine... that alone should be enough to make you stop and think, hell, valve are still working on games for their engine, just look at orange box released only a few weeks ago.. if the bloody developers are still using the engine, then it's nowhere near dead or outdated.

and quite simply, if you don't like it, then you can go jump, if you don't like the way things are run, well.. go make your own mod and release it the way that you want and prove us wrong, but from your comments, i'm pretty sure you've never been a major part of any successful mod, so really you need to shut up and learn a thing or two first.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
Luciel
Posted: November 05, 2007 10:21 am
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

ignorance is bliss,

not reading posts before replying is just plain stupidity.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
bacon333
Posted: November 05, 2007 01:03 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

Yes, and CryEngine 2 is a far different engine. It doesn't even use the same .bsp map type that most engines use. And, as stated, Crysis is about open spaces. My computer can barely run Crysis. Crysis, mind you, isn't really that great, imo...
PMEmail Poster
mallic
Posted: November 05, 2007 02:46 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

Group: BB:S Team

meh hl ftw

its the easiest sdk to work with that I (in my minor experience) have looked at. There are MANY tools compatible with all of the functions of the sdk, and valve themselves somewhat support mods

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
SDWBOSS
Posted: November 05, 2007 03:22 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

If your exquisitely small mind has processed the information already posted without collapsing in a colossal implosion of ignorance, then listen up.

Firstly, Khazard, I shouldn't have called you names, that was uncalled for, but its people like you who really make me lose my cool. I've tried map designing and mod coding, and I can tell you it is NOT as easy as it looks - you can work for six months straight and get nothing but some simple textured models and waypoints for your effort, so before you spout off yet another ludicrous concoction of ill-informed release structures and nieve business strategies, take a minute to think what it takes to release such a successful mod such as BrainBread - these guys know what they're doing.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Keyes
Posted: November 05, 2007 04:36 pm
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Khazard, before you post again, read what the devs have said. And get some experience working on a mod before you say something. Also, profit? Last time I checked, this mod was free.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: November 05, 2007 05:05 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Hello there, why everyone has made there contribution to this rant and rave at the newcomer i am here to congratulate the BBS team on the new media release; from which this topic was made for. ***GRATZ**** get the Mod made for my christmas present please!

This post has been edited by mrmicky on November 05, 2007 05:06 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
khazard
Posted: November 05, 2007 05:32 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Khazard, before you post again, read what the devs have said. And get some experience working on a mod before you say something. Also, profit? Last time I checked, this mod was free.

Hypocrit much?

1.  to gain an advantage or benefit: He profited greatly from his schooling.
2.      to take advantage: to profit from the weaknesses of others.
3.  to be of service or benefit.
4.  to make progress.

Thus, A larger fan base could be a profit. Try to think of other terms before you start flaming certain phrases. It makes people sound uneducated.
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: November 05, 2007 05:49 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Ok, im no Mod but i would raise your warning level now for this, make a topic in off-topic to discuss how people for some reason dislike you.

Or be very slimy and make a very long post like my one and at the end add something like this...

The new media release is amazing great job !

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
Keyes
Posted: November 05, 2007 06:04 pm
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Or, we'll forget all this stupidity and go back to the topic at hand.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
DancingFred
Posted: November 05, 2007 06:06 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

oops hit the wrong button, sorry.

This post has been edited by DancingFred on November 05, 2007 06:07 pm
PMEmail Poster
DancingFred
Posted: November 05, 2007 06:06 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

lol and I said I would never poke my head above the parapet again for fear of getting flamed again.

I just want to remind people that when the mod is released that you are going to get a LOT of "noobs" asking the same old questions and saying the same old stupid things or having what "oldies" consider stupid opinions.

Just chill out a bit and view this calm period before the deluge as practise to hone your skills at dealing with newcomers.

I can imagine that a lot of people could possibly be put off, if not the mod, then at least coming on to the forums and joining the community.

You don't want to be known as the "Great Mod But Unwelcoming Community" crew, do you?

So, go ahead and flame me too (again) but I really needed to voice my concerns (again) at the treatment people are being dealt.

Back on topic, the media really does look fantastic and it's evident that a LOT of love and hard work has gone into making it. Keep it up and well done, guys.
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 12345
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll