Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Mapping Requests, Anybody have any? :o
Hugh
Posted: December 03, 2004 09:16 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

I'm strangely enchanted with blowing apart zombies so I figured I'd make a map for it, the problem being that I have no good ideas! So eh, what are some settings for maps that you guys think would be cool?

Right now I'm just working on a map that's like slaywatch, only outside a military base, and you have to defend the barricades until some grunt reinforcements come in, but I'm not sure if that's exactly the funnest thing in the world. unsure.gif So, erm, suggestions?

--------------------
Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
TSS
Posted: December 03, 2004 11:31 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

*moving to map forum*

what would be nice is to be actually surrounded by zombies, like a barricade in the middle of a big intersection, with zombies spawning al laround ya.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Hugh
Posted: December 04, 2004 12:01 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Ah, splendid idea! biggrin.gif *tries to get to work*

--------------------
Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.
fatboy
Posted: December 04, 2004 12:07 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

one of my lads is already working on it, the idea is to have a bunker in the middle of an open vast area with hoards of zombies coming at you, no NPC's and were gunna look at making it so that if all players turn into zombies then it's map over. I know people will say it's going to much towards being like ZP but I think making it like this will enforce a certain ammount of co-op play, your going to have to work together to survive and stay alive long enough to get rescued.

I'll let u know more about it when a bit more is done on it

[EDIT] the good thing about this map will be because there is so few objects the clumsy AI shouldn't get stuck as much which will make it more interesting, for me theres nothing more annoying then having zombies aimlessly walk into walls cos they can just see u round a corner but they wont walk round it themselves

--------------------
sex is like a game of cards, if you dont have a good partner you'd best have a good hand
BrainStew
Posted: December 04, 2004 12:26 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Ive had this idea in my head for the longest time. If youve seen the movie Dawn of the Dead youll know that they are on top of a mall. I thought it would be a fun map where the survivers are on the mall. And they have to go into the huge zombie hoard below to get the case and whatnot. And possibly have one person in the Gunshop from the movie over there killing also, so when your low an guns or ammo you have to again run through the hoard to get to the gun shop., All the while being covered from above from the roofs. I thought it would be a great idea and a nice fun map. Just an idea. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
They call them fingers, but i've never seen them fing. -Simpsons
PMEmail Poster
_CiviliaN^SoldieR_
Posted: December 04, 2004 12:32 am
Quote Post

civilized d00d

Group: Moderators

This idea is already in my map. happy.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
fatboy
Posted: December 04, 2004 12:45 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

yeah a few people have said use the mall from dawn of the dead and I think its a great idea. although in your idea brain I have to say if I was playing that map I would just run across to the gunshop and set up camp there hehe tongue.gif

--------------------
sex is like a game of cards, if you dont have a good partner you'd best have a good hand
Cargozer
Posted: December 04, 2004 11:03 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

I already have a bb_dotd_mall_b2 map done.

--------------------
BB_DOTD_MALL_FINALL ...... [Released]
BB_XMAS ...........................[Released]
BB_HARBOR .......................[Creating]

My Maps: http://koti.mbnet.fi/cargozer/mapit
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll