Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Hello to the BB:S Forum!
Mapster
Posted: June 09, 2008 11:07 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Group: Members

First of all i would like to introduce myself if it's appropriate here (sorry if it's not) My nickname is Mapster and i have been mapping since counter-strike 1.6 was released by Valve YEARS ago. I am 16 and am currently going to tech here in New Zealand learning the Food preparation and culinary arts (chef course) which i am enjoying but has no use here on the BB:S forum unless people enjoy the recipes which i may end up posting.

It's been a while since i first noticed the BB:S development which was before the gameplay video on MODDB and got me excited to see yet another Zombie mod on the hl2 engine. Ever sine then i havn't seen an update after the preview and wondered why, not having many helpers does not help the Mod now does it?

I am not trying to apply for a position as a map maker but i am willing to help people with their mapping questions in order to get more mappers into this mod and help it speed up the process.

I currently have a forum and clan for mappers beginning to learn which i have text tutorials as well as video tutorials where I (video recorder) explain everything from start to finish from making your first room to making buttons; if anyone is interested, go to the forums and check it out. (It's roughly new but i am always on there checking for questions or replies.
thewireframe.freeforums.org

If you wish to check out some of my work, most of it is posted on the forums listed above but here are some pictures and links from other forums and web-sites.

Zombie Master

Orange (In the making)
Zombiepanic.org , customfactor.com
user posted image user posted image

Portal

Advanced Facility (beta release)
hl2files.com

Half-Life2

Hidden Lab
hl2files.com
user posted image

Half-Life1: Natural Selection

Floorbound
richnet.tv

Cheers,
Mapster

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
bacon333
Posted: June 12, 2008 10:04 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

I am finding your environments very boring.
PMEmail Poster
Mapster
Posted: June 12, 2008 10:53 pm
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

All of my maps are based on gameplay not on looks. Orange is based on looks even though it's only using the measuring textures; I got heaps of people begging me to finish it so they can play it on the ZM server though.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
bacon333
Posted: June 13, 2008 12:52 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

No, it's all about looks AND gameplay.

This post has been edited by bacon333 on June 13, 2008 12:52 am
PMEmail Poster
Vox_Bloodstone
Posted: June 13, 2008 01:05 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

QUOTE (bacon333 @ June 13, 2008 12:52 am)
No, it's all about looks AND gameplay.

bacon gee the guy a break would yae?, let him do what he wants with his maps smile.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
Mapster
Posted: June 13, 2008 01:10 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Well yeah of course it is about looks as well, but if you have an extreamly good looking map but the gameplay sucks... theres no point in playing it is there?

Or if even the same way with the gameplay. That Floorbound map for NS was the most popular played map when it was released, even about a month after it was released everyone was still playing it because we were having a blast on it.

It looks like nothing in that picture but it was the best NS map i ever made with looks and gameplay. although one of the teams had a huge advantage which i was gonig to fix but wasn't able to get around to it.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
bacon333
Posted: June 13, 2008 02:00 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

QUOTE (Mapster @ June 12, 2008 07:10 pm)
Well yeah of course it is about looks as well, but if you have an extreamly good looking map but the gameplay sucks... theres no point in playing it is there?

Or if even the same way with the gameplay. That Floorbound map for NS was the most popular played map when it was released, even about a month after it was released everyone was still playing it because we were having a blast on it.

It looks like nothing in that picture but it was the best NS map i ever made with looks and gameplay. although one of the teams had a huge advantage which i was gonig to fix but wasn't able to get around to it.

Yeah, but I said it's about looks AND gameplay. You said that if it looks good, but the gameplay sucks, the no one will play it. However, if it looks like crap, but plays well, well, it still won't be a great map. They are both needed in moderation.

Besides, NS was a HL1 mod. Doesn't necessarily have to look good. (People who still play HL1 games don't necessarily give a flying shit about graphics.)
PMEmail Poster
Zombie Assassin
Posted: June 13, 2008 02:14 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (Mapster @ June 13, 2008 10:10 am)

I played NS, and I've never heard of that map.

This post has been edited by Zombie Assassin on June 13, 2008 02:14 am
PM
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: June 13, 2008 04:53 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

QUOTE (Mapster @ June 09, 2008 02:07 am)
First of all i would like to introduce myself if it's appropriate here (sorry if it's not) My nickname is Mapster and i have been mapping since counter-strike 1.6 was released by Valve YEARS ago. I am 16 and am currently going to tech here in New Zealand learning the Food preparation and culinary arts (chef course) which i am enjoying but has no use here on the BB:S forum unless people enjoy the recipes which i may end up posting.

It's been a while since i first noticed the BB:S development which was before the gameplay video on MODDB and got me excited to see yet another Zombie mod on the hl2 engine. Ever sine then i havn't seen an update after the preview and wondered why, not having many helpers does not help the Mod now does it?

I am not trying to apply for a position as a map maker but i am willing to help people with their mapping questions in order to get more mappers into this mod and help it speed up the process.

I currently have a forum and clan for mappers beginning to learn which i have text tutorials as well as video tutorials where I (video recorder) explain everything from start to finish from making your first room to making buttons; if anyone is interested, go to the forums and check it out. (It's roughly new but i am always on there checking for questions or replies.
thewireframe.freeforums.org

If you wish to check out some of my work, most of it is posted on the forums listed above but here are some pictures and links from other forums and web-sites.

Zombie Master

Orange (In the making)
Zombiepanic.org , customfactor.com

Portal

Advanced Facility (beta release)
hl2files.com

Half-Life2

Hidden Lab
hl2files.com
user posted image

Half-Life1: Natural Selection

Floorbound
richnet.tv

Cheers,
Mapster

Ok aside from Bacon's really mean feedback, I think these maps are nice.
I'm just a player of games, not a critic...

Actually, I'd happily give you a better comment right now but my brain's half asleep and ... well it's hard to think of stuff like that right now. ohmy.gif
Damn my tired self.

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
bacon333
Posted: June 13, 2008 05:41 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Meh, a few days ago I criticized CS_Assault and its design decisions to hell. (The source re-make).

This post has been edited by bacon333 on June 13, 2008 05:42 am
PMEmail Poster
Zombie Assassin
Posted: June 13, 2008 05:45 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

But that map rocks!!!

So, Mapster, just a question... Do you make maps with secret hiding spots???
PM
Mapster
Posted: June 13, 2008 11:14 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

QUOTE (Zombie Assassin @ June 13, 2008 05:45 am)
But that map rocks!!!
So, Mapster, just a question... Do you make maps with secret hiding spots???

Nah, i try and avoid those types of maps. I did put 2 secrets in one of my NS maps which was called co_mvm_hallway, but in the last version i released for it they were removed because people got annoyed at them since no one wouldn't tell them where they were.

Meh, a few days ago I criticized CS_Assault and its design decisions to hell. (The source re-make).

I don't like any of the source remakes myself... too hard to see where anything is.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
bacon333
Posted: June 13, 2008 12:49 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

QUOTE (Mapster @ June 13, 2008 05:14 am)
I don't like any of the source remakes myself... too hard to see where anything is.

What
PMEmail Poster
Smachine
Posted: June 13, 2008 04:06 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (bacon333 @ June 13, 2008 12:49 pm)

What

I think he means that its hard to spot enemy's in those new maps which I agree and its the reason I prefer hl1 over hl2 a lot, also hl1 can have good looking graphics they just don't really look all that shine and stuff, but you can make hl1 look stunning condition zero and a few mods for hl1 are excellent examples of nice graphic imo. Your maps are pretty cool, but as bacon said they lack soul so to say, why you waste time on tutorials for hammer editor (where theres already a ton out there) and not apply yourself, we are really only taking people with experience so I doubt anyone who watches tutorials of yours will do for use (if that is what you meant by this post because I find it kinda funny to support mod like that also not very effective)

This post has been edited by Smachine on June 13, 2008 05:05 pm

--------------------
Reality is for those who lack imagination!
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Mapster
Posted: June 14, 2008 07:51 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

QUOTE (Smachine @ June 13, 2008 04:06 pm)
QUOTE (bacon333 @ June 13, 2008 12:49 pm)

What

I think he means that its hard to spot enemy's in those new maps which I agree and its the reason I prefer hl1 over hl2 a lot, also hl1 can have good looking graphics they just don't really look all that shine and stuff, but you can make hl1 look stunning condition zero and a few mods for hl1 are excellent examples of nice graphic imo. Your maps are pretty cool, but as bacon said they lack soul so to say, why you waste time on tutorials for hammer editor (where theres already a ton out there) and not apply yourself, we are really only taking people with experience so I doubt anyone who watches tutorials of yours will do for use (if that is what you meant by this post because I find it kinda funny to support mod like that also not very effective)

So far your making one hell of an impression for a developer... so much negativity.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
Pages: 123
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll