Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Visual Studio
Hobo Ninja
Posted: April 24, 2006 11:50 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Group: Members

Ok I want to get into programming in Source and other games and I know VB(which is useless for games pretty much) and I am in a C++ class...

I was reading http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/In...the_Source_Code and it talks about Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 ... so wtf I need to buy Visual Studio to work on this stuff... because I just don't have a spare $300 bucks around to buy Visual Studio 2005 or is there any free compilers or like old cheap versions of it that still work?

Edit: Would this be that .net stuff? http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/dow...es/default.aspx

This post has been edited by Hobo Ninja on April 24, 2006 11:54 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterICQAOLYahoo
Mic2070
Posted: April 25, 2006 08:53 am
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Tried to program too. Fucking hot.

You can get the Visual Studio .Net 2003 compiler, which is free, but you will need an IDE. I use code:blocks myself, but I can't get it to work with source.

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
^Ben
Posted: April 25, 2006 03:25 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

You can use visual studio 2005 express http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/...lC/default.aspx BUT, Source will not default compile with it. You can do some tweaks as described on the VDC but, I would personally wait untill Valve updatest the codebase for the SDK probably around the time Aftermath is released.

--------------------
Left the BB:S Team.
PMEmail PosterICQ
Blue Summer
Posted: April 25, 2006 06:15 pm
Quote Post

Firefox

http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

w00t ftw. One is used.

--------------------
This is what Ive said for the past couple months every time has requested source: BB source is highly unlikely because the mod team (Ironoak) has decided to use the crystal engine to create an rpg, although they have said there is a small chance of going to source but please, for the sake of all mankind, do not request a port and/or create polls, or even useless threads about the porting of BB, because it is most likely not going to happen, thank you for reading.

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
Hobo Ninja
Posted: April 26, 2006 01:45 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

K so I downloaded the express and stuff and I tried to start just doing some random easy programming wiht iostream but for some reason it wont include it... Got any idea why?

Edit: nvm got it I think

Edit again: Yeah so this it a bit different than the older version we have at school.. on that there is a Build, Compile, and Run button on the menu...I can find build but I cant figure out how to run and test it.

This post has been edited by Hobo Ninja on April 26, 2006 01:54 am

--------------------
User Posted Image
Blue Summer
Posted: April 26, 2006 07:44 am
Quote Post

Firefox

You using dev c++ or visual?

--------------------
This is what Ive said for the past couple months every time has requested source: BB source is highly unlikely because the mod team (Ironoak) has decided to use the crystal engine to create an rpg, although they have said there is a small chance of going to source but please, for the sake of all mankind, do not request a port and/or create polls, or even useless threads about the porting of BB, because it is most likely not going to happen, thank you for reading.

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
Hobo Ninja
Posted: April 26, 2006 05:34 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Visual.... should I download the Dev one?

--------------------
User Posted Image
Blue Summer
Posted: April 26, 2006 07:11 pm
Quote Post

Firefox

QUOTE (Hobo Ninja @ Apr 26 2006, 05:34 PM)
Visual.... should I download the Dev one?

You can try if you want lol might be different to visual though

--------------------

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll