Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> BrainBread:Source Ideas/Suggestions, Post Some Suggestions Here
The Maddog
Posted: February 13, 2011 10:35 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Group: Members

Can't agree more, please don't add special typed zombies like on L4D... the spitter, boomer and hunter ect. Keep them dumb as fk, slow but absolutely crap loads on the screen.

I have every faith this will be pulled off.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
FirehawkBBs
Posted: February 14, 2011 08:31 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Group: BB:S Team

We will keep them dumb, another reason for keeping them dumb is probebly that we wont have marines in the first release tongue.gif

and like in the old brainbread: they are dumb, but they are with many.
we can also have more bodyparts to fall off like legs? they can crawl smile.gif if they aren't to dumb for that blink.gif

This post has been edited by FirehawkBBs on February 14, 2011 08:32 am

--------------------
User Posted Image
IronOakStudios deserves a new forum :)
PMEmail Poster
jonnyboy0719
  Posted: February 14, 2011 04:41 pm
Quote Post

BB:S Team lead

my ideas:

new fred // a new fred but someone called Kyle
new zombie characters // some faster and jumpy
boomer? // title says all
3rd person? biggrin.gif // it will be epicz
new zombie abilities // jumping, run faster (low health),
Zombie Rage // Stronger, faster, and harder to kill (can only be used for 10 seconds!)

This post has been edited by jonnyboy0719 on February 14, 2011 04:42 pm

--------------------
I visit Ironoak Forums time to time.
My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jonnyboy0719
FirehawkBBs
Posted: February 14, 2011 05:35 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

QUOTE (jonnyboy0719 @ February 14, 2011 04:41 pm)
my ideas:

Zombie Rage // Stronger, faster, and harder to kill (can only be used for 10 seconds!)

well like i want to do with maps... it still needs to be like: THis is brainbread biggrin.gif
it is BrainBread: Source, the maps should still be like they are in the old brainbread, like you still can see: this is bb_slaywatch

if you still dont understand me... let me explain.

if we add a boomer and 3rd person, new zombie abilities... then its.. just NOT brainbread anymore you know

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
The Maddog
Posted: February 14, 2011 05:37 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

QUOTE (FirehawkBBs @ February 14, 2011 05:35 pm)
my ideas:

well like i want to do with maps... it still needs to be like: THis is brainbread biggrin.gif
it is BrainBread: Source, the maps should still be like they are in the old brainbread, like you still can see: this is bb_slaywatch

if we add a boomer and 3rd person, new zombie abilities... then its.. just NOT brainbread anymore you know

Agree..... This is not L4D

--------------------
User Posted Image
mallic
Posted: February 14, 2011 06:51 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

QUOTE (jonnyboy0719 @ February 14, 2011 08:41 am)
my ideas:

You sir should get off your ass and buy lfd since you completely missed what BB was about.

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away
Days away I still feel you
Touching me, changing me
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: February 14, 2011 09:37 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

In GarrysMod there is a Addon to it called Dissmembermant mod. It's very good for taking apart ragdolls and lots of bloody gore effects, maybe ask the developper of this mod if it's able to be used in a BB: S sort of way.

Just a thought. I know the Mod for gMod is very popular too so it deffinatly looks good.

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
Neiko
Posted: February 14, 2011 11:18 pm
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

QUOTE (mrmicky @ February 14, 2011 02:37 pm)
In GarrysMod there is a Addon to it called Dissmembermant mod. It's very good for taking apart ragdolls and lots of bloody gore effects, maybe ask the developper of this mod if it's able to be used in a BB: S sort of way.

Just a thought. I know the Mod for gMod is very popular too so it deffinatly looks good.

Sounds cool, we should totally ask about it.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
iliketoblowzombieheadsoff
Posted: February 15, 2011 05:50 am
Quote Post

Ratatatatatatatatatatatattatatt

Hahaha, no boomers please.... but still, something to add to the horde.

I made a giant suggestion post in here, and I updated it a few times but I haven't been able to lately...

http://www.ironoak.ch/forums/index.php?sho...11&#entry105511

I know I hi-jacked Shoot-Me's thread, but I was too lazy to make a new one tongue.gif

They all don't have to be coded. Just some ideas I layed out in detail. I might even suggest more, but in this thread this time smile.gif

--------------------
Current game(s): Uh uh not updatin' this no mo
Looking forward to: Some shit
Name Shortcut: Zombie, Isit, Bob(not recommended)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
FirehawkBBs
Posted: February 15, 2011 09:07 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

i also suggest we keep this in our mind:
A couple of decent maps, a handful of zombies, a few guns, maybe a few crates to build barricades with and the Source engine to make it all look pretty would be wonderful!

i copied that line from another topic but it whas making me like: YES, he is right! it gave me sort of strength (?) and i really think we should keep our heads on that, we dont need fred at the first release ( beta release or just only devs) if we have like 5 weapons ( melee, pistol, sniper,shotgun, ak-47) and 2 different zombies, 8 props.... we got LOTS of stuff to begin with and the good thing we actually got a game then biggrin.gif

think about it

This post has been edited by FirehawkBBs on February 15, 2011 09:10 am

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
jonnyboy0719
Posted: February 15, 2011 10:25 am
Quote Post

BB:S Team lead

my ideas:

i don't mean the character boomer xd lol and the BB zombies are slow sad.gif they are sometimes easy to kill and they can't jump... so the humans can just camp in one place to kill the zombies :/

btw, zombie panic didn't have so many stuff but on zombie panic source many new stuff came. if u play the old stuff again many people will get bored easy. they will just go back to zps

--------------------
I visit Ironoak Forums time to time.
My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jonnyboy0719
Neiko
Posted: February 15, 2011 11:59 am
Quote Post

Uberzernichter

I think what we need are new things, but still fit in with the overall style of brainbread. We don't want boomers because those fit the l4d style. I think we need different styles of zombies, but they all follow the same suit of being slow and stupid. If we add things from other games that are too similar, the game might not feel like brainbread anymore, and more like those games.

I had mad fun in brainbread even though the zombies were so stupid, just the sheer amount of them made it fun. The fact that there were marines around cities, tanks running along streets, and choppers in the sky all shooting zombies while still hardly not being overrun was just a great chaotic feel for the game. I have yet to have any other zombie game feel that way, they all focus too much on the survival aspect, and leave out real chaos.

The only chaos in L4D, imo, is when hordes of zombies come at you, or a tank comes up, etc.. Even those things make the game chaotic, but it just isn't full chaos. Killing floor they all come in waves and you are all on your own, l4d you just get from a to b by yourself. Brainbread, you had checkpoints with marines, tanks, etc. that gave it the overall feel of taking back the city, or holding out until help arrives.

It's hard for me to explain, but brainbread just had this feeling to it that other games did not. You had bases of operation to defend and had to complete objectives to try and leave.

It really is hard to explain, because in l4d endings you are holding out somewhere while tons of stuff happens, but it's still not the same as brainbread.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
FirehawkBBs
Posted: February 15, 2011 03:44 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

QUOTE (jonnyboy0719 @ February 15, 2011 10:25 am)
my ideas:

i don't mean the character boomer xd lol and the BB zombies are slow sad.gif they are sometimes easy to kill and they can't jump... so the humans can just camp in one place to kill the zombies :/

btw, zombie panic didn't have so many stuff but on zombie panic source many new stuff came. if u play the old stuff again many people will get bored easy. they will just go back to zps

since i THINK BB:s will be played, there should be enemy zombies ( human controlled) aswell..

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
f4cti0n
Posted: February 16, 2011 12:04 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

QUOTE (FirehawkBBs @ February 15, 2011 07:07 pm)
i also suggest we keep this in our mind:
A couple of decent maps, a handful of zombies, a few guns, maybe a few crates to build barricades with and the Source engine to make it all look pretty would be wonderful!

If we're aiming for a particular quota for the first milestone (assuming a coder is found quickly) then we need to keep it simple. I would suggest 1 melee, 1 pistol (revolver), 1 rifle (winchester) and 1 shotgun (sawn-off) for the first. One zombie, one smaller (but POLISHED) map and the props required. Have the basics for the game itself present (objectives, working HUD and level system).

Anything beyond that is overkill and overstepping for a first build IMHO.

I might also work on a map as I'm plodding along...
mrmicky
Posted: February 16, 2011 01:59 am
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

I like the slow moving style zombies in BB, but with the source engine I think it needs to be something completly different. Modifying zombies to maybe have differential speeds that are randomly generated sounds like a cool idea. Some zombies (maybe with more torn up skins) move slower then other zombies (thats skins look more human like and fresh).

It's just an idea, but I'v never seen a game produce a mechanic like this before that isn't a flat ''x moves at y speed''.

I do not like the idea of Boomer (or any stolen L4D mob).

The Hunter from L4D concept is a good one, much like that of the fast zombie from HL2, this could be played with and incorperated into a new design for the game.

The main thing the game needs is a high replay value, and diversity. This means, a wide range of weapons, a handful of special unique zombies that are either harder or in greater numbers then normal. The game needs something that makes you say ''Oh I have to go now, but i want to play it again later''.

Fred: The whole Fred idea was very cool in BB. Countless times had he met my minigun, and it was fun. However due to the constraints of the HL1 engine Fred was in honesty EASY. The new design (should there be one) for Fred could take the path of analmost Boss of the levels, Weapon wielding is my suggestion here. Fred was easy to kite / kill as he was a melee fighting mob. Why not on SOME levels give him(or whoever is used) the ability to wield particulaly strong weapons. Such as a 3x melle range huge axe/scythe, or even ranged weapons such as a shotgun strapped to his arm or something along those lines.

If the team need any help with suggestions / designs I will help to the best of my ability.

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 123
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll