Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Skill points, and Mad Jack McJack
Deth
Posted: August 04, 2005 02:07 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

I was just thinking after playing a couple of rounds of bb..

Mad Jack McJack is busy surviving in Hellsgate with a couple of friends. He is well trained with the use of his trusted M16 and blood splatters all over the place as the zombie horde gets decimated.
Some where in his mind he hears a little voice tell him that he and his friends only have to kill 213 zombies more if they want to get rescued by the force of marines flying circles above their heads in large blackhawks. After signalling the latter and decapitating a enormous mutant zombie who goes by the name of Fred he feels.. enlighted.. Mad Jack McJack could allmost swear that by killing the foul beast he now runs much faster and can easily take 3 slaps more from a zombie.

As he runs to the rescue zone, overconfident as he is, he is being bitten by zombies a bit too much and a little progress bar shows him he is slowly zombieficated.
The mutation now being completed, he suddenly feels the urge to kill some marines, and as he is closeby to the rescuezone, he picks of a marine and starts clapping his hands in his face. The marine explodes in several indefinable parts and Mad Jack McJack runs off to another marine.
Suddenly he is being shot at by one of his surviving friends and, allthough he can run very fast, he cant outrun this hail of shotgun pellets.. Feeling the zombie life flow out of him as he hits the asphalt, the last lift with the marines flies off to better places. The ever present roundtime counter hits zero and the game is over. Mad Jack McJack isnt a survivor and loses all his earned skill points.

the end.

What this magnificent piece of narration boils down to, which i think would encourage players to actually reach the objectives (instead of camping at the start), is loss of the earned skill points in a round, if a player isnt rescued. NB. not ALL of his points, but just the points he earned in the last round.

Deth

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Deth
Posted: August 07, 2005 10:10 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

did i scare everybody with my silly story?

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Elite viking
Posted: August 07, 2005 10:56 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

It was if like you were trying to criticize... odd isn't it?
I'm sorry but whatever you do to encourage it, the campers will keep camping no matter what. And they could just camp by the evac zone, and when rescue comes, flee.
PMEmail Poster
Keyes
Posted: August 07, 2005 11:01 pm
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Group: Moderators

That would make everyone's lives a lot easier. That way, the guys who escape don't have to go around the level killing the campers and listening to the cries of "WTFBBQ U KILLD MEH"

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Deth
Posted: August 07, 2005 11:57 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

which is fun too btw cool.gif Oh and about the criticism.. Yeah, this is how i experience a round of BB. I think there has to be changed a lot before this game will make me feel emersed...
Be that as it may, I really think punishing players by not letting them progress will make a difference. Sometimes I see a round just made up of shooting zombies without one objective being accomplished which should mean the survivors lost. But there is no real "losing" in this game, really. Peeps can just continue shooting zombies and get better.

Probably being proposed a million times, why DO zombiefied players turn back as a survivor anyway? It doesnt (like allmost any other fps) make players more carefull or fear for their avatars life. Well, this is of course another topic so dont feel obliged to answer anything about it here..

regards,

Deth

This post has been edited by Deth on August 08, 2005 12:09 am

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
-=Chris Redfield=-
Posted: August 11, 2005 09:59 pm
Quote Post

Baby Slayer

QUOTE (Deth @ Aug 7 2005, 04:57 PM)
Probably being proposed a million times, why DO zombiefied players turn back as a survivor anyway? It doesnt (like allmost any other fps) make players more carefull or fear for their avatars life. Well, this is of course another topic so dont feel obliged to answer anything about it here..

regards,

Deth

I would love for another kind of game mode like this, where you only have certain number of lives - if more than one. Kind of like (Yeah, yeah, I know...don't say anything) Zombie Panic. Once dead, you stay as Zombie and when everyopne dies, new round/map restart.

--------------------
User Posted Image
(1) I like to beat women. (2) I like to beat babies (3) I like to beat women while beating babies (4). I like to watch women beat their babies...and then I beat the women.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
POO ASS2
Posted: August 15, 2005 01:26 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

ftass
PMEmail Poster
Keyes
Posted: August 15, 2005 01:32 pm
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Group: Moderators

QUOTE (-=Chris Redfield=- @ Aug 11 2005, 09:59 PM)
QUOTE (Deth @ Aug 7 2005, 04:57 PM)

regards,

Deth

I would love for another kind of game mode like this, where you only have certain number of lives - if more than one. Kind of like (Yeah, yeah, I know...don't say anything) Zombie Panic. Once dead, you stay as Zombie and when everyopne dies, new round/map restart.

The Last Man Standing maps are just like that wink.gif If you get zombified, you stay as a zombie until there's only one person left as a survivor.

And POO_ASS, if you're not going to post so that people understand what the hell you just said, then refrain from clicking that 'Reply' button.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Mic2070
Posted: August 15, 2005 01:43 pm
Quote Post

Doom Trooper

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

hmmm mods ?

--------------------
User Posted Image
User Posted Image