Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> A New Map
Mr.Pink
Posted: December 02, 2004 07:13 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

Ok i lied its not a new its an old map but its new to BB.
Just playing around with an old cs map to see how easy it is to convert maps from other mods in to this one.
It dosent have a radio or escape point but dose have 2 objective marks and is set up to run some random missions so should provide some amusment.

de_breakdown 3.8 Meg

Time for some questions.
1)Dose the weapon_sig550 weapon work ?
2)Dose any one know where i can find a good radio .mdl file ?
3)Is there a way to activate/deactivate spawns ?
Its just i saw a dod map where as you progresed in your battle your spawn moved.
4)Is it posible to make zombies patrol or start moveng in some way other than puting a player in there line of sight ?
5)Is stealing some one elses map and converting it for another mod wrong ?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Soapurb
Posted: December 03, 2004 10:35 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

I can't beleive this has no replies.

Now usually, if someone "converted" a map, I'd be like "Whoopyduck dickface, come back when you've got actual map making experience, asshat."

But this is an exception, because this is in fact an exceptionally good conversion and fits the game like a glove. Firstly, theres a lot of sand, and blood looks really good on sand. Secondly, it looks like a wrecked military installation, which suits the game (experiment gone wrong maybe). Thirdly the zombie spawns, weapons, and missions zones are pretty much all placed intelligently.

Okay onto the stuff that needs to be fixed. I noticed when I jumped out a window (the one near where u get the mp40 or whatever it's called) and landed on some high boxes, that there was a zombie behind me, how and why would it be there? Nobody knows, but theres no real point, it's not like anyone would go up there often, and the zombie couldn't get down form there.

The other thing I noticed is that the guns are kinda scattered around in a generic matter, now this really works, except it kind of ruins it for people that like their own little weapon preference. I mean come on, everybody's different, some people like to get a modern automatic weapon and cap a couple in the head of every zombie in a very systematic manner, others like to get a double barrel shotgun, blow zome undead in half and utter that famous and oh so wonderful word; "Groovy."

I would say take the mp40 (yet again, whatever it is called, I can really only remember the number 40) out of the map, because even on the harder setting someone with their skill stat at 10 or more can kill 30 zombies in as many seconds.

After getting rid of that, add in some other guns (all the pistols for one) and maybe the shotguns at the starting position, also, make some more changes to the map, give the marines some cover for one, they are marines for crying out loud, marines like cover. Some cool detail also, maybe add one of those camoflauge drapes over some stilts like you see in war movies, and have some radios and shit set up underneath it with a commander-type marine standing there, just something cool to show some difference between the old map and this new one.

Then for gods sake get rid of the bomb site textures, it's really annoying because they look like mission points. blink.gif

This is a good map conversion, that's the first time I've ever said that, well done.
PMEmail Poster
smurfy
Posted: December 03, 2004 10:48 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

This thread is worthless without pics
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Lord Scottish
Posted: December 03, 2004 11:15 am
Quote Post

K.I.T.T.-Killer!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

I'm downloading and I'll post some feedback as soon as I have tested

--------------------
User Posted Image

"Aber in wirklichkeit ist Kunst eine Insidersprache für kultivierte Snobs, um sich zu ihrer Überlegenheit über den Rest der Welt zu beglückwünschen" Calvin, 6

Scottishs website
PMEmail Poster
slappy
Posted: December 03, 2004 11:51 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

QUOTE (Mr.Pink @ Dec 2 2004, 01:13 PM)
5)Is stealing some one elses map and converting it for another mod wrong ?

i'm going to have to say yes here...

it isn't your work, and it's ethically wrong to modify without permission.

--------------------
Add the Lawnmower to BB!!
PMEmail Poster
Chubbieboi
Posted: December 03, 2004 12:43 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

I couldnt find the radio on the map

also there were some soldiers behind a garage door, but I couldnt open the door and I didnt find another way in...its near the end of the map o.O

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
SimonS
Posted: December 03, 2004 12:43 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

QUOTE (Lord Scottish @ Dec 3 2004, 10:15 AM)
I'm downloading and I'll post some feedback as soon as I have tested

Tried it yet? How was it? tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
-=SPITFIRE-NUKE=- <--My website
(Maps:)
--------------------------------
ss_Fieldust Download (CS:S)
bb_ss_gashop 5% (BrainBread) Pics soon
Lord Scottish
Posted: December 03, 2004 02:28 pm
Quote Post

K.I.T.T.-Killer!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

It was really scary to play alone, I like the difference between the nice sunshine outside and the dark buildings. I is really fun shooting zombies in a nice desert map. I also like to have so few save spots. overall I'd say the map has a lot of potential!

1)no, we removed the sig.

--------------------
User Posted Image

"Aber in wirklichkeit ist Kunst eine Insidersprache für kultivierte Snobs, um sich zu ihrer Überlegenheit über den Rest der Welt zu beglückwünschen" Calvin, 6

Scottishs website
PMEmail Poster
HangFire
Posted: December 03, 2004 02:49 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Pretty fun. I couldn't figure out the easter egg part of the map.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQAOLYahoo
fatboy
Posted: December 03, 2004 04:44 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

I enjoyed the map, I like the way that to start with you get dual berettas and thats it, u have to go looking for other weapons (which are usually suronded by zombies or on top of a zombie spawn point)

I can see what other people are saying with it just being a map from cs and in a way I can agree, but tbh I think at the mo its fine to do it cos BB needs more maps, and now I have a total of four so I don't get bore with it right away.

so thank you mr pink

--------------------
sex is like a game of cards, if you dont have a good partner you'd best have a good hand
Mr.Pink
Posted: December 04, 2004 03:41 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Ok where to start.
I see i posted the topic in the wrong place so sorry my bad.

The next thing is the editing was done with just entity editing and so the map was not decompiled (The hardest part of maping is learning to use the compileing tools propperly).
I done this useing a tool im still developing that was designed to edit spawn points on cs maps to make them 32 player.
The one big advanteg with this type of editing is it dose not cause consistency errors when a server runs a changed version of the map.
It dose have the down side of not being able to change the visuel components of the map with exeption of adding .mdl entitys.

decels are just entitys so i will be able to remove the bomb site markes.
should i try to add one to the spawn to show the case drop off point ?

It is a bit easy with the mp5,s i sort of rushed the editing and randomized the gun placment so i didnt know what guns were where(only tock about 10 mins to do).
I hadnt seen the mp5 much so i got a bit caryed away.

The one big thing about the game that makes it fun is not knowing the map, position of wepons and not knowing the mision.
This was why i arsked if it was wrong to edit other peolpes maps as my tool could come in usefull for changeing curent maps or editing other ones to ceap up the level of exitement.

I will send off an email to see what the map constructor has to say.
One good thing about that is it will give me a bit of time to experement with the bb entitys while i wait for him to repli.
Im gessing/hopeing that he wont mind what his maps used for as the only reson i can see of that he made it was to bring fun to other people that enjoy the game he loves.
But still i wont do any more editing with out permision cos your correct it is wrong.
The worest part of it is i forgot to add the .txt file that said he made it.

Im confident i could add in a radio .mdl model and move an existing brush model to use as an ivisable bb_funk entity.
If this idear works it might be an idear to construc new maps in the same
way as it would be easyer for people to move the radio around and customize the maps on there servers a littel bit.

Im trying to hunt down the dod map with the moveing spawn points to see if it is a mod spicific thing.
I rely like the idear of being able to seperate spawns at the start, give them crap weapons and send them off to secure a weapon building (police_station or army ammo dump) at the start.
Then when they have defended that location they would start there as a reward.

If no one is willing to give there maps to a new mod then ill gess ill have to start maping properly again but for the moment its the quickest way to learn the entitys for the new entitys and learn how to make a good map.

Oh allmost forgot.
Well done on the mod makeing it looks like it could be a very very fun game when there are a few more maps and servers (very very fun insted of just fun smile.gif).

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll