Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Admin Mod, The Easy Way
(4THIDUSA) SSG H.
Posted: February 09, 2005 06:49 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Group: Members

Hello all, there seems to be problems with getting admin set up for servers, so I put together and easy way to add Admin Mod to your server. This includes everything you need to get set up in minutes.

Read the instructions, follow the instructions, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Here are the instructions, they are also included in the zip.

4THIDUSA Easy AdminMod

www.4THIDUSA.com Custom Game Source

Thank you for downloading the Easy Admin Set up

by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.

========================================
This is the fast and easy wasy to set up Admin Mod for your Server

Unzip to your brainbread folder, or a temporary folder if you like.

First

ONLY EDIT what is listed here to get setup fast, more tweaking you can do later once you are more used to Admin Mod

The maps.ini (addons/adminmod/config) edit for your map list if you specify this maps.ini file in the adminmod.cfg (addons/adminmod/config) if you dont it will use your regular old mapcycle.txt (brainbread/mapcycle.txt)

The users.ini (addons/adminmod/config) file is how you add admins, my name is in it for an example, use the Admin Mod calulator ( http://www.adminmod.org/help/online/Admin_...in_Commands.htm ) it will give you the number that gives them the amount of admin power. Do not use 1024 as it is not used. 16384 reserved name, most times will lock you out of your own server, I wouldn't use it.

In the adminmod.cfg (addons/adminmod/config) EDIT THE PASSWORD, I have placed CHANGE_THIS_PASSWORD as the password change it to what you want, remember to also place the password in the users.ini (addons/adminmod/config) file to keep from typing it in.

The repeat message says in the adminmod.cfg (addons/adminmod/config) says visit www.4THIDUSA.com you can change that.

The liblist.gam place it in your brainbread folder, make a copy of your original if you want.

In your server.cfg or your listenserver.cfg add the following to start adminmod.

// execute the adminmod config file
exec addons/adminmod/config/adminmod.cfg

The adminpass.cfg, place this adminpass.cfg in your brainbread folder.
EDIT THE PASSWORD to the one you placed in the users.ini (addons/adminmod/config) file
This will auto load your password so you do not have to type it in.

In game to see alist of commands available to you type
admin_help

For a full list go here, http://www.adminmod.org/index.php?go=commands , remember you only have the commands available based on the plugins you have installed, this is a standard install.

Any qustions or comments, anything I missed are you need more help with, feel free to ask

========================================
Thank for your interest.
Please Visit www.4THIDUSA.com again

This post has been edited by (4THIDUSA) SSG H. on February 09, 2005 06:51 am

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
GaMeRT1
Posted: February 09, 2005 06:57 am
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

Group: Members

Yeah he mainly made this cuz im too dumb to know how to do that crap, funny thing is i dont know if it works yet but im just gunna say this

*Edit*
Well this isnt really an edit im just typing it on my first post because everyone else does this and i want to feel wanted dry.gif Well its works(just asuming cuz hes smart:D

--------------------
Zombie connoisseur, BrainBread enthusiast, slayer of the undead.

User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll