Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Map Idea/s, Just Somewhere 2 Put Plain and Odd Ideas
SiX
  Posted: June 03, 2003 03:47 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

Ive been playing this for alittle while and already at start i noticed the beauty in the hover cars so i thought following... a map set at a race track u could have bridge's and catwalks over the track and set a trigger_hurt on the mocing models so u would get killed or bitchslaped if u hit em... laso some bum's hiding in the shadows and a hole crowd to kill and maybe a zeppelin circleing the track for a tv transmition or something... just an idea

ps. im to lazy a mapper to make it tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
MisterX
Posted: June 03, 2003 07:47 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

hm.. i think that would be a bit too much to do... as you can see on(?) half-life rally oder whatever its called, it isnt easy to make a good racing game, even just as a mod. and than this mode IN a mod.. bit too much to do i think... als it wouldnt have to do much with public enemy and would be completly different to the other maps, so i think it is better if there isnt such a map. good as another mod, but not in public enemy..

--------------------
-=T34M=-[AK] Member
PE Clan since 2003
Clanpage: www.teamak.de
Visit us in QuakeNet @ #team.ak
PMEmail PosterICQ
SiX
Posted: June 04, 2003 09:04 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

I wasnt talking about a map where u actually raced and if u wanted details on cars to it would lag like hell...
Im talking about a map scene sat at a racetrack where u use the hovercar models as the acting racer's and the players could be sat where on the map it would be best. For a map where u have to run over the race track as the fastest way the cars should drive a bit fast so it would be a hard task and else there should be a bride where u could fall down on the race track from...
PMEmail Poster
MadMax_FMM
  Posted: June 04, 2003 09:29 am
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

I think it´s an interesting idea. You wouldn´t have access to the whole track (only those parts with solid ground,;because the Hovercars are flying in the air; "through" some sort of hightech-airwaytunnel ^^) The storyline has something to do with this race. It would be an industrial/cybergarage map. Let´s see. biggrin.gif Depends on the reaction to the next patch, because implenting moving vehicles is a complex codingaction.

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

Leader Staff - IronOak Studios:
"PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO" http://www.ironoak.ch/MM
"PE - THE DARK FUTURE" http://www.ironoak.ch/PE
"BRAINBREAD - MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" http://www.ironoak.ch/BB
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
ch1nook
Posted: June 04, 2003 05:14 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

...i'm not good with modeling/animating

BUT, can't waypoints handle this problem?
PMEmail PosterICQ
MadMax_FMM
Posted: June 04, 2003 07:11 pm
Quote Post

Overlord!
Group Icon

Group: IronOak Leaders

Yes. We´ve everything. It´s just a codingproblem, because Spin would have to create a waypointsystem for those cars.

--------------------
>> "Sie bildeten junge Männer aus Bomben auf ihre Häuser zu werfen; aber sie verboten ihnen das Wort FUCK auf ihre Maschinen zu schreiben... weil es obszön ist. - FREI ZITIERT NACH F.F.COPPOLAS APOCALYPSE NOW" <<

Leader Staff - IronOak Studios:
"PERSONAL ONLINE PORTFOLIO" http://www.ironoak.ch/MM
"PE - THE DARK FUTURE" http://www.ironoak.ch/PE
"BRAINBREAD - MUNDUS VULT DECIPI" http://www.ironoak.ch/BB
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
[OCS]Timmay
Posted: June 04, 2003 08:21 pm
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

sounds like a cool map, and if any mod could do it well its this one. oh and the other mod you are talking about is HL Rally you can find more info there or on there site. or click this link button
user posted image

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
ch1nook
Posted: June 04, 2003 08:56 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

i agree with tommy..

the map idea sounds really good.
has a little WipeOut-touch..and wipe out 2097 rulez!! biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterICQ
SiX
Posted: June 13, 2003 11:48 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Yippie the idea didnt get thrown away like yesterday's paper...
w00t w00t rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster
SiX
Posted: June 13, 2003 11:49 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

I made the topic so other's also had a place to put their map idea's so get typing ^^ cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
-=T34M=-[AK]Assasin
Posted: July 09, 2003 11:17 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

HMm, yeah like a terroristic attack (Syndicate blowing up the stadion, Security Coprs preventing it), and instead of the hacking tool, just use a C4.

Can't you use the Entyties from the Train (from Halflife) as a Waypoint-System.

Hmm couldn't u sue that Civilist display with the shootable Civilists who are already existing, to make an execution map, where a team has to shoot them and another one ahs to prevent it, or something like the corps capturing some high Syndicate people and want to arrest them, they have tog et to the exit with them and the Syndicates have to stop them, before they would be there. (in this case shooting at civilist should decrease equip points)

--------------------
-=T34M=-[AK] Co-Leader
PE Clan since 2003
Clanpage:
www.teamak.de.vu
visit us in quakenet @

#team.ak or at our Server: -=T34M=-[AK]Fragparadies by gameserver-paradies.de | 62.80.107.6:27101
PMEmail Poster
newB
Posted: December 20, 2004 08:50 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Ahh my old forum login was SiX ohmy.gif, well this map idea might be good for a source based map, hovercars + physics + ragdolls. ohmy.gif
PMEmail Poster
Blue Summer
Posted: December 25, 2004 09:58 am
Quote Post

Firefox

What is all this: click here now?!?!

--------------------
This is what Ive said for the past couple months every time has requested source: BB source is highly unlikely because the mod team (Ironoak) has decided to use the crystal engine to create an rpg, although they have said there is a small chance of going to source but please, for the sake of all mankind, do not request a port and/or create polls, or even useless threads about the porting of BB, because it is most likely not going to happen, thank you for reading.

WSAENOTSOCK
PMEmail Poster
Nikku
Posted: December 25, 2004 10:41 pm
Quote Post

Mr. Coke

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

QUOTE (SiX @ Jun 3 2003, 03:47 AM)
Ive been playing this for alittle while and already at start i noticed the beauty in the hover cars so i thought following... a map set at a race track u could have bridge's and catwalks over the track and set a trigger_hurt on the mocing models so u would get killed or bitchslaped if u hit em... laso some bum's hiding in the shadows and a hole crowd to kill and maybe a zeppelin circleing the track for a tv transmition or something... just an idea

ps. im to lazy a mapper to make it tongue.gif

hover cars? have you stole some of my blubbern.gif blubbern.gif blubbern.gif blubbern.gif ? Have you been smoking blubbern.gif with my ph34r.gif ? Then have some wub.gif with a ohmy.gif

--------------------
Only when you gick, will you truly fish...
PMEmail Poster
concon792
Posted: January 06, 2005 02:42 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

what entities do u use for hammer for ur character to spawn
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll