Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Pages: 12  [ Go to first unread post ]
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Silence, A short story based off Brainbread.
Security Corporate
Posted: April 22, 2006 08:33 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

I decided to make some sort of written contribution to Brainbread. It will be a long short story. Yes, I know thats an oxymoron, but thats because the whole thing will be submitted into several parts in a journal entry form:

April 17, 2016

The CO strangely changed my guard post to the Sector 5 labs. Imagine that? Sector 5, the most top-secret and secured area of the entire facility. Not that I got to see the inside anyway, I was just standing guard by the outer perimeter, which was covered with thick blast doors. I didn't mind at first until I started to hear strange sounds behind the entryway. I asked the Sergeant there if he knew what was going on, but he just shrugged off my question. Maybe it's just my imagination.

April 18, 2016

I was switched back to my old post at Sector 2. Keyes and Chace asked if I saw anything special. You should have seen the look on their faces when I summed it all up in one sentence. Chace had to leave the mess hall early for Intern classes. Keyes and I had the same shifts everyday, but even with him it eventually got boring. All the scientists there ever did was fiddle with their chips and super-computers. Thankfully, in another year we'd be SPCs and then moved up to Sector 3. I hear thats where they test experimental weaponry.

Hope you liked the first two! happy.gif

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on April 22, 2006 08:41 am
PM
hunter
Posted: April 22, 2006 11:10 am
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Involve me somehow plz?

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Keyes
Posted: April 22, 2006 01:27 pm
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Group: Moderators

Heyyyyy, I'm in there! Plzdon'tkillme biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: April 23, 2006 05:45 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Sorry Hunter, I'm afraid I can't add you in. Nothing personal. tongue.gif

April 19, 2016

Several people were rushed in to the Infirmary this morning. Chace was able to get a good look at them. He said that there were bite marks all over them. The CO locked down the facility for the rest of the day to investigate. Everything should be back to normal tomorrow. Sarge told us we'd be real busy for awhile, so I may not have time to right.

April 22, 2016

Here's something rare. According to the CO, there was a containment breach in Sector 5. The entire area was shut tight and put under heavy security and surveillance. All personnel were ordered to keep close watch for any suspicious activity. The Infirmary was packed with injured scientists and other soldiers. Before they put the place under quarantine, I saw people with large chunks of flesh missing. Some crazy shit is going on here. On a lighter note, Keyes was able to go on a 9 day leave, since his wife was in labor. Lucky bastard.

April 23, 2016

CO sent a squad over to Sector 5 to rescue missing personnel and find out what happened. Chace went with them. I have a really bad feeling about this.

April 24, 2016

We lost contact with the recon squad. They were able to radio in one last cryptic message:

Hello?! *chsk* Can anyone *chsk* hear this- holy shit! He's getting back up! *gunshots* Someone help! I don't know what the fuck is going on, these dead people are *chsk* getting up and attacking *chsk* Oh my God, Chace stay back, stay away! *screams* Fall back! Jenkins, open that fucking blast do- *gunfire*.

It wasn't long before the radio was finally silent. Most of the guards who were listening in looked horrified. The Sarge was speechless. The CO then put the entire facility in high alert. We were ordered to shoot anyone, or anything that looked hostile. All soldiers were to patrol their designated sectors as well. Damn it, what the hell happened to Chace? I wanted to go in there to see for myself, but something inside was warning me to stay away.

April 26, 2016

Panic. Everyone was running this way and that, and I still had no idea what the hell was going on. I heard something about the Infirmary, which was in Sector 4, was overrun or some shit like that. I have to stop writing soon, I have to report to Sector 3 for the night shift. I wish Keyes was here, because honestly, I'm scared shitless right now.

There, nice and lengthy for ya! biggrin.gif
PM
Keyes
Posted: April 23, 2006 01:53 pm
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Haha, nice!

Ooooh, I so love my wife biggrin.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
hunter
Posted: April 23, 2006 06:11 pm
Quote Post

Fantasma Cazador

Ha a wife nice. No biggy about not been able to be put in.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: April 24, 2006 12:12 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Oh, ok Hunter! Just to make you feel better you will be in PE: Breakdown.

April 28, 2016

Everything is silent. There were no more gunshots, no more screams, not even the hellish moaning they give off. I'm alone, locked in this storage room, almost out of ammo. I need to find a way out of this place and get to the surface. I've been waiting nearly 2 days for help to arrive, and I can't wait anymore. I'm going to try to get to the surface. This may be my last entry, I hope not though.

Uh oh, cliffhanger!

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on April 24, 2006 05:35 am
PM
Security Corporate
Posted: April 24, 2006 06:35 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

April 29, 2016

I'm in a private office somewhere in Sector 1, and I'm near the exit. From the Storage room in Sector 3 to here, it took me several hours, counting the times I got lost. So far the encounters with those monsters have been few and far inbetween. Most importantly, I happened upon this thick folder a dead scientist was clutching. When I tried to remove it, he fucking got up and tried to attack me. Stabbed a pipe through that sucker. Anyway, the folder had "Top Secret" etched on it. I skimmed through it and found out The Army were doing "special" experiments in Sector 5. Something about a serum that reanimates dead cells. It was meant to treat diseases attacking the nervous system, but wound up as a complete failure. Instead of helping, the serum acts like a virus, which infects the nervous system and ends up killing the organism, specifically us humans. After death, the virus revives the corpse, but keeps the brain down to basic functions, such as eating, which explains why those things eat us. What the information leaves out is how the virus is spread. I put the documents into a metal suitcase. The people in Heaven's Gate need to know what's happening. Hold on, I hear some footsteps outside, maybe it's a survivor.

April 29, 2016

I barely made it out alive. I should have been more careful because the minute I opened that office door, the infected poured into the room. After dispatching them, I sprinted full speed towards the exit, with the suitcase in hand. That's when they swarmed me. Hundreds of them came at me from every direction. I was able to crawl through them and out the exit, but man can those fuckers bite hard. Got a couple of bites and scratches, but the worst of it is that one tore a huge chunk out of my left shoulder. I'm about a four miles away from the outer security checkpoint of the facility. I don't know if those things followed me, but the gate at the checkpoint will stop them. One meter of reinforced titanium. I need some serious medical treatment, I'm losing blood way too damn fast. Moaning... I need to make a break for it.

April 30, 2016

I can't believe it. No one was at the checkpoint, its deserted. There were no vehicles, nothing. Even the gate is wide open. I'm too tired to walk or run anymore. The world is blacking out on me. I tried to reach the gate switch but I lost power. Now here I am, slumped against the doorway of the checkpoint tower, utterly defenseless. Shit, I'm dying, I can feel it. These are will be my last words. I pray that whoever finds this will be in a much better position than I...

The End?

Comments please, or I may not continue it. ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on April 24, 2006 08:00 am
PM
Keyes
Posted: April 24, 2006 07:37 am
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Holy crap, you got bitten! Pretty damn cool biggrin.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Equalizer
Posted: April 24, 2006 06:16 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Pretty cool, nice job. Keep it up!

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Nikku
Posted: April 24, 2006 08:35 pm
Quote Post

Mr. Coke

sweet, if possinle put me in plz

--------------------
Only when you gick, will you truly fish...
PMEmail Poster
Elite viking
Posted: April 24, 2006 08:37 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Awesome!
Write more or I will kill you tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
  Posted: April 26, 2006 06:31 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

May 1, 2016

It was a boy! Imagine that...I'm a father now! I couldn't wait to tell everyone at work. I jumped in my government issued humvee and drove off.

~

I parked by the Army facility gate, very surprised. The gate was never open like that! Hopping out of my humvee, I walked through the gate. My instincts detected a bad vibe coming from here. That's when I felt it. Something is wrong...very wrong. I heard a deathly moan coming from the distance.

"What the fuck?"

I then picked up gurgling noises to my right. Turning over, I saw a horribly mauled person. Her clothes were torn in many places, and dry blood caked her body. Her feet looked worn down from what seemed like hours of running on glass. The worst part of it was that half her head was missing, yet she shuffled towards me. The stench was unbearable, it's like she was decaying for days now. I whipped out my pistol.

"Ma'am, stay back or I will open fire!"

The warning did not stave her off. She kept walking like all was fine and dandy. I fired a shot near her. She still kept coming. I then pumped several rounds in her upper torso. She staggered back a moment, then began shuffling towards me again.

"What the hell are you?"

I shot my last round into her head. She fell back with a thump. Only killed by a head shot? It kind of reminded me of a zombie. Out of the corner of my eye a figure appeared by the gate tower window. When I turned, the person was gone.

"Hey!" I yelled, running inside the tower.

To be continued...

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on April 26, 2006 06:34 am
PM
Keyes
Posted: April 26, 2006 11:06 pm
Quote Post

I'm On A Boat

Holy sheep shit! It's me! It's MEEEEEEEE!!! Ithink:D

I see you're going more first-person story-telling than the whole journal-style writing. Being honest, I think it works better. Nice stuff.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: April 27, 2006 04:14 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Continued...

The door slid open. Emptiness. The person was nowhere to be found. Walking in, I saw a pool of blood by the entrance. Beside it, was some sort of diary. Picking it up, I flipped through the last few pages. What was revealed to me was completely shocking. The last page was especially perturbing. On it, was a instruction scrawled in blood:

"If anyone reads this, close the gate before the monsters get out into the city!"

Holding on to the diary, I went to the console by blood stained windows. Finding the switch, I pulled it. The motors sprung to life as the gate slowly shut. A screen showed 2 minutes before the checkpoint locked itself down. I was about to get out, when the figure I saw earlier appeared by the doorway.

I recognized him. My partner during the security shifts. He wore the same fatigues, the same ID, the same face...but it was not him. It wasn't human, it was a mindless creature that kills for it's piece of flesh. Yet I couldn't bring myself to unholster my sidearm.

"It can't be..."

~

The former soldier lunged at the fresh meat before him. Keyes screamed.

Then all was silent...

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on April 27, 2006 11:53 pm
PM
Pages: 12
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll