Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Pages: 12345>»»  [ Go to first unread post ]
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> this just in: final bbs release date confirmed!
mrmicky
Posted: May 26, 2008 12:09 am
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Group: BB:S Team

Smachine we are whining yes, that after all this time we have no pcitures. Whats wrong in that. Posting info saying johnsmith has done this doesn't mean much to me, i wan't to see some cool screenshots.

I know its up to you, but sureley update moddb etc with some new stuff will get more people interested?

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
bacon333
Posted: May 26, 2008 12:37 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Group: Old BB:S team

QUOTE (mrmicky @ May 25, 2008 06:09 pm)
Smachine we are whining yes, that after all this time we have no pcitures. Whats wrong in that. Posting info saying johnsmith has done this doesn't mean much to me, i wan't to see some cool screenshots.

I know its up to you, but sureley update moddb etc with some new stuff will get more people interested?

Alright. What I'm going to say is completely unnoficial (don't even know if I'm allowed to say this) but..

We only have about... 5 people working on the project in total. The rest aren't really doing anything (don't even try to deny this, you know who you are.). The rest of us 5 of us (for the most part) are rather busy with Real life. I personally am working on about 3 other projects right now. Smachine is working on two mods, and he's the only real prop modeler/ texture artist on the team. (there's one other, though, that's applying right now as a texture artist.).

So, basically, we have:

-me (mapper, extremely busy)
-RC (actually doing a good amount of work, not sure how busy)
-Smachine (textures and models, very busy)
-Lundquist (coding, very busy)
-Erykgecko (animations, also quite busy (afaik)

That's about it.

Might be someone I missed though. I know there's members of the team who do work here and there, but not a whole lot tbh.

EDIT: and Mrmicky, I know you say that you have school and exams and all, but so do I, and I still spend ridiculous amounts of time on the projects I work on.

This post has been edited by bacon333 on May 26, 2008 12:54 am
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: May 26, 2008 03:24 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

QUOTE (Smachine @ May 25, 2008 09:38 am)
QUOTE (Security Corporate @ May 25, 2008 10:32 am)
I was about to say Bacon, I thought you were just using shit textures or something.

Hey Mallic, at least Hell freezing over gives SOME kind of due date. Atheists would be completely screwed over since for them, Hell doesn't exist. xD

Umm, it doesn't exist for everyone! ph34r.gif How can you say no progress after I wrote a lot that has been done behind the scenes, you think I lie?

1. You're gay.
2. Refer to #1.
3. I accidentally forgot to mention the other religions. Just a slight error, I'm not trying to start a fight on that subject.

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on May 26, 2008 03:31 am
PM
bacon333
Posted: May 26, 2008 03:58 am
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

This thread is becoming very homosexual.
PMEmail Poster
Smachine
Posted: May 26, 2008 05:59 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (Security Corporate @ May 26, 2008 03:24 am)
I was about to say Bacon, I thought you were just using shit textures or something.

Hey Mallic, at least Hell freezing over gives SOME kind of due date. Atheists would be completely screwed over since for them, Hell doesn't exist. xD

Umm, it doesn't exist for everyone! ph34r.gif How can you say no progress after I wrote a lot that has been done behind the scenes, you think I lie?

1. You're gay.
2. Refer to #1.
3. I accidentally forgot to mention the other religions. Just a slight error, I'm not trying to start a fight on that subject.

Umm, by insulting me without a reason you actually did! You should receave a nice ban for quit some time for this! For those who actually care, heres some images, they are released elsewhere in public so I guess its ok to post here too. Thats pretty much the only things I have done in the last few months of being busy

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Hope now you are happy?

This post has been edited by Smachine on May 26, 2008 06:10 am

--------------------
Reality is for those who lack imagination!
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: May 26, 2008 09:34 am
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

QUOTE (Smachine @ May 25, 2008 09:59 pm)
QUOTE (Security Corporate @ May 26, 2008 03:24 am)

1. You're gay.
2. Refer to #1.

Umm, by insulting me without a reason you actually did! You should receave a nice ban for quit some time for this! For those who actually care, heres some images, they are released elsewhere in public so I guess its ok to post here too. Thats pretty much the only things I have done in the last few months of being busy

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Hope now you are happy?

I was right in thinking you were too slow to understand a damn thing anyone says. I said I didn't want to start a fight on the subject of religion. I'm fully willing to start on any other subject though. happy.gif

Nice models by the way. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on May 26, 2008 09:38 am
PM
bacon333
Posted: May 26, 2008 12:51 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

This is interesting.
PMEmail Poster
Smachine
Posted: May 26, 2008 01:59 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

QUOTE (Security Corporate @ May 26, 2008 09:34 am)
I was right in thinking you were too slow to understand a damn thing anyone says. I said I didn't want to start a fight on the subject of religion. I'm fully willing to start on any other subject though. happy.gif

Nice models by the way. smile.gif

The hell? What does insulting me by calling gay has to do with a religion? Clearly nothing.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
khazard
Posted: May 26, 2008 07:18 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

my vote is that apparently y'all have trouble getting along so how but you both shut up.

People asking for a due date, Stop, no one knows if this will ever be released. There is no due date ever, probably never ever see a beta so just give up asking.
PMEmail Poster
mrmicky
Posted: May 26, 2008 10:07 pm
Quote Post

The Pwnerer

Well good luck, i mark this my final post for quite some time, i may check the forums but i doubt i will post. I have alot of work to be getting on with, this holiday im determined to study for exams (and partayyy like fuck), good luck.

--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
Erykgecko
Posted: May 26, 2008 10:35 pm
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Group: Moderators

you see, the trouble is we can't win either way, we release pics and vids and stuff, which are still up on the moddb website for anyone interested, and even though it's all work in progress stuff people turn around and bitch about it, so we go back to the drawing board and up our game and recreate from scratch a lot of the content. yes, we dont show stuff off much, deal with it, you want pretty pictures every couple of days, go follow nmrih or any other hl mod.

at the end of the day, when we release, we know all you fuckers are going to play it, you love bb which is why you hang out on the forums, so you'll play it whether we've released media previously or not, and if you don't, well who cares, I don't, it's your loss.

as bacons said, theres only about 5 of us that are dedicated and doing anything at any time on the mod, and we're all extremely busy people in real life, would you rather we spent our time developing the mod, or sitting rendering pretty pictures and getting nothing done?

The plain fact of the matter is this, we're now pushing for a simple release, it won't be anything fancy, it'll probably be little more than a direct port of the original, thats not because were lacking ideas or the skills to put these in place, but its because we need some sort of goal because we keep going along then getting ditracted by these ideas. A good decent playable base will go a long way towards satisfying everyone, you lot will be able to see what we've done, you'll be able to play and give us feedback so we can improve, and we'll have a good base on which to add in all the extra ideas we've had over the development. Unfortunatly it just seems that everytime we take a step forward, something else comes up and makes us take a step back, which is very disheartening, but we've been working on this too long to just give up.

So be patient, you'll get it when you get it, and you'll either love it or hate it. whining and bitching and goading us won't make us go any faster.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
Z3RO
Posted: May 27, 2008 03:01 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Members

I can model, and do most of my own and uvs it's just the texturing thats I lack skills in.

I used to work in the hl2 mod project jiva and I'm currently working for a zombie mmo called Zday, If guys any extra help I'm willing to help out.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Smachine
Posted: May 27, 2008 05:38 am
Quote Post

Last hope of Mankind

Umm dude, sorry, but can you make complex models, I mean most of that stuff is like cylinder or a bit modified cylinder, the first gun I see is really terrible, the second looks ok, if you want to help us out apply to Lundquist and we will get you a trial task of creating a complete model.

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
bacon333
Posted: May 27, 2008 05:14 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

Why are the buttons on the last model not UV'd?

I'd also like to see a UV for this:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/WIN...spedrender2.jpg

EDIT: I opened a thread for your app in the internal forums...

This post has been edited by bacon333 on May 27, 2008 05:17 pm
PMEmail Poster
mallic
Posted: May 27, 2008 06:47 pm
Quote Post

Penguin Overlord

damn what hath my smooth remarks spawned

--------------------
User Posted Image
I am too connected to you to
Slip away, to fade away