Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Gloom, New Story?
-=Chris Redfield=-
Posted: May 07, 2006 05:27 pm
Quote Post

Baby Slayer

Group: Members

After watching a few horror movies/games and such (it happens when you're grounded for a couple of weeks) I decided to type a story based on each movie. Now, I'm not going to give any names of the movies, because if you've seen them, then you will know which ones. Now, my character and the plot/monsters he is put in is original. Anyways, onto the story:

Gloom

Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man -Psalm 112:4

Prelude
Darkness: one of the few phobias I had when I was a young boy. When I was eight years old, my older brother once locked me in the closet without any light sources besides the hall light that seeped through the crack underneath the door. The darkness held the source of all evils; anything could happen when it engulfs the world around you; your very existence is questioned as your body felt the waiting of the pernicious monsters. The lamp shades on your nightstand turn into ghosts that want nothing more than to feast on your flesh. The sporadic sound of noises from the person in the next room tossing in their bed is morphed into terrifying screams of tortured souls craving your corpse. I remember these detestable commodities because it is now the things that shape the situation I am in now - trapped on a raft with no fuel, with the night sky filled with ghastly, black clouds. The moon clashing with the thick clouds, but to no prevail; the darkness has consumed all things visible to the naked eye.

My arms wrapped around my torso, blocking out any lampshades or noises. If my eyes could close any tighter, the skin on my face would be torn through; I was scared shitless. Here I am a twenty-five year old man afraid of the obscurity that ate away my surroundings. A frown formed on my face, disappointed at my own antics, I sat back up. My small raft bobbed up and down, making my head spin with motion sickness. I lay back down and peered up into the clouded night sky.

A faint mist was drawing nearer towards my rubber raft. I snapped my head up and peaked over the rubber, noticing a dim light off of what looked like a rocky coast.

A light tower?

I sat back up, grabbing a spare oar and set forth towards the light. After a couple of minutes of straining my back from paddling, the soothing sound of waves crashing against boulders filled my ears. The fog was getting heavier as I neared the rocky coast, which seemed awkward but I shrugged this thought off as quickly as it came to me. Gradually, the shape of a small light tower emerged from the fog giving a faint light source to the baneful darkness. I thought it odd for there to be a light tower here if there were never any ships running through here.

Speaking of which, where are the docks for the ships?

I looked around to only find rocks, water, and an abundant amount of fog. I cursed underneath my breath, and decided to just let my raft smack into the granite; the waves werent that powerful.

Hopefully not enough to flip me over and split my head open in two on the rocks, I mumbled to myself. I braced for impact as a small, three-foot wave hurdled my tiny raft onto the smooth rocks. As if the Devil was reading my mind like an open book, my raft flipped on over, letting my frail body take flight into a giant stone that just happened to be in my quest for the air. The last thing I remember before I blacked out, was the light from the tower snapping off and a loud bang of my head into the stone.
===================

Constructive critisism welcomed. Even if I don't get any comments, I'm still going to continue this story (not to be pessimistic ).

This post has been edited by -=Chris Redfield=- on May 07, 2006 05:41 pm

--------------------
User Posted Image
(1) I like to beat women. (2) I like to beat babies (3) I like to beat women while beating babies (4). I like to watch women beat their babies...and then I beat the women.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Nikku
Posted: May 07, 2006 08:35 pm
Quote Post

Mr. Coke

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

cool, is it from darkness falls?

--------------------
Only when you gick, will you truly fish...
PMEmail Poster
Security Corporate
Posted: May 07, 2006 09:09 pm
Quote Post

Gore God of Massacre

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

Cool story so far. What Nikku said, it sounds like Darkness Falls. But...

Whatever happened to Time Paradox!? unsure.gif

This post has been edited by Security Corporate on May 07, 2006 09:19 pm
PM
-=Chris Redfield=-
Posted: May 07, 2006 11:12 pm
Quote Post

Baby Slayer

To tell the truth, I don't even know what Darkness Falls is. Thanks for the comments though!

As for Time Paradox, I may pick it back up again, not to sure. That was a pretty fun story to write. happy.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
(1) I like to beat women. (2) I like to beat babies (3) I like to beat women while beating babies (4). I like to watch women beat their babies...and then I beat the women.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
-=Chris Redfield=-
Posted: May 08, 2006 12:26 am
Quote Post

Baby Slayer

Chapter 1: Pacifist Befriends Reaper

The rain was patting softly against the windshield, making a soothing noise against the glass. The windows were rolled down halfway for my left hand to stick out, feeling the gentle rain against my warm skin. The blue sports car I parked in front of the airport was stolen, way too expensive for me to possess, but she never knew that. She never knew much about me; I filled her with lies and she welcomed them with open arms. I lead her to believe that I once loved her, that I once actually meant the R word: relationship. Despite the lies, a fragment of me did take a liking to her, but I didnt know it at the time.

I grabbed a cigarette from my coat pocket and situated it in my mouth. It dangled there for a second or two, as I finally got a hold of my lighter and lit it up. I sucked in the noxious chemicals and then took a deep sigh, letting the smoke fly weightlessly out of my mouth. I left it dangling in my mouth, letting my right hand drop to the leather seating and having my left hand feel the drizzle outside the car window. I closed my eyes and grimaced slightly, remembering how she ran to the planeran away from me. I scared her; I scared her out of this city without a chance of changing the inevitable. She was crying, tears running down her cheeks and falling onto the carpeting inside the airport. I just wanted to hug her, to have her in my arms for one last time. Yet, part of me hated her. I wanted to despise her completely, hoping for her plane to crash to the ground. Im wondering though, do I want her to crash because I want her to stay, or because I want her to truly find the Reaper? I havent the faintest clue to tell the truth. She inquired me about somethingto love her forever. That wasnt my plan though, that wasnt what I wanted! Wait, what did I want originally? What was it that made me attracted to her? Was it because she was wealthy, famous, and popular? Maybe it was because she was beautiful, pretty, and had a remarkable personality? Either way, shes departed and not going to come back in the near future, or maybe ever again.

I look back at the times we had and the feeling of grief seemed to overwhelm me, and I felt a single tear roll down my cheek.

Youve got to be kidding me, I whispered to myself, chuckling as I wiped the tear away. I rubbed my moist eyes to try to dry them off so I do not feel like a complete dolt. I mean, who cries over a girl!? Me, obviously

I got out of my vehicle to feel the sprinkling rain upon my hair. I looked up to the Heavens for forgiveness and didnt dare to blink away the rain that dampen my eyes. The sky was still blanketed with dark, black clouds that didnt even allow the moon to shine through. I heard a loud aircraft start to takeoff and it had my undivided attention, as it seemed to awaken me from a deep sleep. I took the cigarette out of my mouth and limply tossed it to the pavement where it pounced a bit before settling in a puddle. I swallowed loudly and my whole body started to shake while the thundering noise of the commotion from the plane was heard outside.

Without thinking, I ran inside the large airport with the feeling of guilt sinking in. A couple people turned their heads towards my direction, all looking a bit bewildered but figured that I was about to miss my plane. I took a left in the direction of Concourse-B and figured I had about a minute or two before the plane would take off. With sweat sticking to my face, I looked wildly around for B-15. I panted, trying to catch my breath, but every gasp made me gag. I couldnt breathe

My eyes snapped open, welcoming the burning salt water from the ocean. I thrashed and writhed in pain, throwing my arms in the air to grasp air. I sat up with a jolt and breathed in the salty oxygen for my deprived lungs. A wave must have crashed onto my body. I slowly started to get up and held my sore head. I felt along the lines of hair, and to where I knew a large bump would surely take place. I retracted my hand as the sensitivity of the open wound created screeching nerves throughout my body. I grimaced in pain, and started to make my way slowly up the soaking, wet rocks. I grabbed at whatever I could to slowly drag my worthless carcass up to the dry sand. My one hundred seventy pound, six foot tall body felt like a nightmare on my sore muscles, yet I went on. My tight white T-shirt was acquiring small rips and tears with the rocks scraping against the wet fabric. My dark brown hair covered my ears, was starting to get in my eyes, sticking to my forehead and eyelids. I slowly brushed my soaking, bothersome hair away from my view.

After what seemed like an eternity, my bloodied hands finally clutched moist sand. I rested the right side of my face onto the sand and received an earful of dirt, but that did not matter; I was away from the fucking rocks. The low-pitched hum of the light tower reached my ears and I casually lifted my head towards the comforting sound. I breathed in heavily, still feeling the swish and swash of the water in my lungs, producing more coughs and gags. I pressed my palms on the sand and pushed with all my might to lift my body. My blue jeans crunched as it rolled up and over the sand. I finally stood up and observed my surroundings. There was the lighthouse on the coast up ahead, the waters behind me and to my right, with a dirt path to my left covered with pine trees. Going through a forest at night with god who knows what habitant there

Light house it is.

The only entrance into the building was a dense, metallic door with the insignia of a cloaked figure with his face hidden behind the hood covered the whole door. A gold handle was attached to the door, but the door needed to be pushed to be opened-

So why a handle? I inquired to myself, and bit my lip. I rolled my eyes, banged my clenched fist on the door a good three times, and withdrew my sore hand. Some door.

A doorbell was right next to the door with the words Ring bell for door master engraved underneath it. I frowned at my testosterone-self and pushed lightly on the doorbell. A loud screech went all through the stone building, but to no avail: there wasnt a single rustle coming from this place. As if on cue on my doubtfulness, the door swung open, and a hand shot out and gripped my shirt. I yelled with fright as my body was hauled inside by a fierce grip. A hand covered my mouth and the smell of chloroform flew in my nostrils.

Sonofabi- I breathed underneath the towel, and passed out.

===================

I swear this guy won't make a habit of passing out. wink.gif Next chapter will be much more eventful, don't worry. The dream will also be explained in due time.

This post has been edited by -=Chris Redfield=- on May 08, 2006 12:27 am

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll