[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Oi Have Any Of You Actually Held An Axe?, you dont hold it like this
the_Satanic_COokie
Posted: February 11, 2005 03:16 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

Group: Banned

C'mon...this is alittle ridiculous.

The axe animation desperately needs to be fixed. If one is right-handed then one holds the right hand highest on the axe and the left hand lowest. Your arm doesnt come completely across your body either, the axe crosses your chest or stomache diagonally.

Seriously how could this have gotten this far without being fixed?? Go pick up a stick and pretend its an axe and just try to hold it the way it is in the game...its ludacrious!!

PLEase PLEASE fix this its annoying as hell!!
PMEmail Poster
gamersha794
Posted: February 11, 2005 03:40 am
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Group: Members

i have no idea how to hold an axe, i also have no idea how a human could turn into a zombie, neither of which really matter to me when I play brain bread.

I feel that if you really are that opposed to the axe don't use it, I would much rather have new features/maps/missions then a different axe animation,

that's just me.

--------------------
come visit me on
Teamxecuter
Xbox-Scene
Teamxodus

And if you need help xbox modding PM or AIM me.
PMEmail PosterAOL
Agent HUNK
Posted: February 11, 2005 03:44 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Doesn't matter to me. When I axe something in BB I see a cricket bat smashing skulls, so I don't really care. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Divium
Posted: February 11, 2005 04:01 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

Its more of large hatchet/hand axe than a regular axe really....

--------------------
User Posted Image

Shoot first, or forever hold your peace.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Agent HUNK
Posted: February 11, 2005 04:13 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

I don't think it's actually a real "axe" at all. Isn't it supposed to be a garden axe or something?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
santa_kills
Posted: February 11, 2005 04:43 am
Quote Post

Veteran of Iraq

QUOTE (Agent HUNK @ Feb 10 2005, 09:44 PM)
Doesn't matter to me. When I axe something in BB I see a cricket bat smashing skulls, so I don't really care. biggrin.gif

Same here.Did you know all full blooded japanies people were right handed.

--------------------
User Posted Image The phone is ringing I can not linger so look out butt here comes my finger.
PMEmail Poster
the_Satanic_COokie
Posted: February 11, 2005 04:45 am
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

ok garden axe, hatchet, pick axe I dont care, go try and hold something the way the character is...it doesn't even make sense.

THe only reason I mention this is, The animation makes it seem weak. If you fix this, it would probably be surprising how much more powerful it seems.

Besides it kinda makes whoever animated it look like an idiot becuase its completely 100% wrong.

And I'm sorry if you dont pay attention to it, this doesn't apply to you. nor you who aren't using the axe.

PMEmail Poster
santa_kills
Posted: February 11, 2005 05:12 am
Quote Post

Veteran of Iraq

QUOTE (the_Satanic_COokie @ Feb 10 2005, 10:45 PM)
ok garden axe, hatchet, pick axe I dont care, go try and hold something the way the character is...it doesn't even make sense.

THe only reason I mention this is, The animation makes it seem weak. If you fix this, it would probably be surprising how much more powerful it seems.

Besides it kinda makes whoever animated it look like an idiot becuase its completely 100% wrong.

And I'm sorry if you dont pay attention to it, this doesn't apply to you. nor you who aren't using the axe.

this was a flaming post from the start.Am I right.You don't have to be a bitch about it. If you did not mean wrong about this topic.I try to make the words you type about of a complaint a littel more of a asking quiesting than a bitching one.

--------------------
User Posted Image The phone is ringing I can not linger so look out butt here comes my finger.
PMEmail Poster
Agent HUNK
Posted: February 11, 2005 05:28 am
Quote Post

Just another Survivor

Also, I don't think you be paying attention to the way you're supposed to "properly" hold any weapon if you were being chased by an assload of blood thirsty zombies.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
santa_kills
Posted: February 11, 2005 05:35 am
Quote Post

Veteran of Iraq

QUOTE (Agent HUNK @ Feb 10 2005, 11:28 PM)
Also, I don't think you be paying attention to the way you're supposed to "properly" hold any weapon if you were being chased by an assload of blood thirsty zombies.

I must agree with you .The only way I would notice this is if I where yanking my crank to the ax.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Divium
Posted: February 11, 2005 07:35 am
Quote Post

Experienced Killer

QUOTE (the_Satanic_COokie @ Feb 10 2005, 10:45 PM)

I'm afraid it isnt 100% wrong. It is quite possible to hold this type of axe and swing it as the animations demonstrate. Just because that's not how you would hold/swing it, doesn't mean that its incorrect.

If you really dont like it, get a custom model.

--------------------
User Posted Image

Shoot first, or forever hold your peace.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Elite viking
Posted: February 11, 2005 08:55 am
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

If you think the BB axe is a weird melee weapon... Check out the Joint ops Knife.
It is Fucking weird. it goes in a slow..... whosh from side to side, like he was waving with it. And the speed is approx. 1Metre\Min
PMEmail Poster
Immoral Sniper
Posted: February 11, 2005 02:43 pm
Quote Post

The force is strong in me
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

QUOTE (Divium @ Feb 11 2005, 01:35 AM)
If you really dont like it, get a custom model.

Exactly. I'd rather the devs worry about more important issues than "The axe attack animation is wrong in my opinion. Please change it." in so many words.

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}
bb_shootingrange {Beta 1}

Threads you should read before posting...
Immoral's List of Things Not to Suggest
Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers
Name (Number of spamming citations issued)

Nikku (3), -KRUX- (2), Mitchell (2), hunter (2), Gneralas (2), CHAY (2), vyvu (2), Rustie1821 (1), w00t (1), dagny (1), Nandu666 (1), The.Raver(1), moecomputer (1), -=Jouni=- (1), santa_kills (1), DarknessGlams (1)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
the_Satanic_COokie
Posted: February 11, 2005 04:18 pm
Quote Post

Rotten Meat

ok its not an opinion, its a fact there are proper ways to hold an axe.

Trust me I live out in the boondocks I use an axe at least twice a week. It is a necessity.

And yes from someone that uses an axe frequently it is 100% incorrect.

Besides this would probably take an hour to reanimate its not like they would have to sit and concentrate on how to fix it...jeez you're acting like I'm telling them to recode the thing.

And if I had known you assholes would be so critical of my suggestion I wouldn't have put it here. Even though this is a suggestions board.

I mean c'mon its the first weapon you ever see while playing the game. ANd honestly when I first installed the game and started playing I was thinking ... good god... how could you fuck this up?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought this upon first viewing.

It just pains me to see all the effort you've put into this and then the first thing you see is this haggard assed axe...

And I really dont need a hundred posts saying "I like the axe how it is, blah blah blah" That doesn't help. IF you're going to get all over me about my 'opinion' then you can stick your opinions up your asses, collectively.
PMEmail Poster
-=Jouni=-
Posted: February 11, 2005 04:56 pm
Quote Post

Elite zombie Butcher

QUOTE (the_Satanic_COokie @ Feb 11 2005, 03:16 AM)
C'mon...this is alittle ridiculous. 

The axe animation desperately needs to be fixed.  If one is right-handed then one holds the right hand highest on the axe and the left hand lowest.  Your arm doesnt come completely across your body either, the axe crosses your chest or stomache diagonally. 

Seriously how could this have gotten this far without being fixed??  Go pick up a stick and pretend its an axe and just try to hold it the way it is in the game...its ludacrious!!

PLEase PLEASE fix this its annoying as hell!!

Call someone who gives a shit.

(Too lazy to get a picture from Ebaum's right now biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by -=Jouni=- on February 11, 2005 04:56 pm
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 12
Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll