Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar


 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Widows XP 64bit Edtion, is it worth it?
Vox_Bloodstone
  Posted: January 08, 2009 11:29 pm
Quote Post


Zombie Hunter
***

Group: Members
Posts: 166

Joined: April 09, 2007



Hullo all sorry for my non activity i have been busy with life problems blah blah

since my system is a full on 64bit hardware i was wondering if its worth getting windows xp 64 bit installed on it rather than my windows xp pro 32 bit which i have installed at the moment

or i could wait for windows 7 which does look promising but i aint holding my breath to that

Specs

Motherboard: ASUS M2A-VM DVI
CPU: AMD AM2 X2 (Dual Core) 4000+
RAM: 2x 1Gb Kingston DDR2 800
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 250Gb S-ATA2 8-16Mb Caché
Graphics Card: Galaxy Factory Overclocked Nvidia GeForce 8600GT 512Mb DDR3
PSU: Xilence 420w



--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Top
DavidRoxZoRs
Posted: January 08, 2009 11:33 pm
Quote Post


Doom Trooper
*******

Group: Members
Posts: 1189

Joined: December 18, 2004



If I were you, I would get Vista 64bit if possible

Vista > XP

I used to think Vista SUCKED but then I got it and started using it and its 10 times better than XP



--------------------
-=U.N.C.L.E=- David
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
Top
Zombie Assassin
Posted: January 09, 2009 02:12 am
Quote Post


Last hope of Mankind
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 645

Joined: October 02, 2006



QUOTE (DavidRoxZoRs @ January 09, 2009 08:33 am)
I used to think Vista SUCKED but then I got it and started using it and its 10 times better than XP

Agreed.
PM
Top
Vox_Bloodstone
Posted: January 09, 2009 02:57 am
Quote Post


Zombie Hunter
***

Group: Members
Posts: 166

Joined: April 09, 2007



QUOTE (DavidRoxZoRs @ January 08, 2009 11:33 pm)
If I were you, I would get Vista 64bit if possible

Vista > XP

I used to think Vista SUCKED but then I got it and started using it and its 10 times better than XP

fair enough, vista ultimate my best bet? xD


--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Top
hunter
Posted: January 10, 2009 12:05 am
Quote Post


Fantasma Cazador
**********

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters
Posts: 3702

Joined: December 08, 2004



QUOTE (Vox_Bloodstone @ January 09, 2009 01:57 am)
QUOTE (DavidRoxZoRs @ January 08, 2009 11:33 pm)
If I were you, I would get Vista 64bit if possible

Vista > XP

I used to think Vista SUCKED but then I got it and started using it and its 10 times better than XP

fair enough, vista ultimate my best bet? xD

If you want to play the latest games and at the best possible performance then vista, since most pc games are going vista only you mite as well make the move.


--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Top
DavidRoxZoRs
Posted: January 10, 2009 07:15 am
Quote Post


Doom Trooper
*******

Group: Members
Posts: 1189

Joined: December 18, 2004



I would say go ahead with Vista Ultimate 64bit Edition

But it's up to you obviously smile.gif



--------------------
-=U.N.C.L.E=- David
User Posted Image
PMEmail PosterAOL
Top
hunter
Posted: January 10, 2009 11:19 am
Quote Post


Fantasma Cazador
**********

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters
Posts: 3702

Joined: December 08, 2004



Make sure you do a dual boot and have xp as well as vista incase you want to play older games.


--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Top
Zombie Assassin
Posted: January 14, 2009 10:13 am
Quote Post


Last hope of Mankind
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 645

Joined: October 02, 2006



QUOTE (hunter @ January 10, 2009 08:19 pm)
Make sure you do a dual boot and have xp as well as vista incase you want to play older games.

Yeah, since some games have major bugs with Vista.
PM
Top
Luciel
Posted: January 16, 2009 11:53 am
Quote Post


Doom Trooper
*******

Group: Moderators
Posts: 1070

Joined: August 18, 2005



Ah... i designed your computer spec, brings good memories of my previous rig : )

Yeah you might as well go to vista if you want 64 bit, xp 64 has major compatibility issues and no one develops for it.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Top
Security Corporate
Posted: January 17, 2009 06:06 pm
Quote Post


Gore God of Massacre
**********

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters
Posts: 3115

Joined: April 28, 2005



QUOTE (DavidRoxZoRs @ January 09, 2009 11:15 pm)
I would say go ahead with Vista Ultimate 64bit Edition

But it's up to you obviously smile.gif

Man, Ultimate is sooo overrated. Vista Premium is more cost-effective and fashionably correct (it's what I have). xD
PM
Top
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll