Powered by Invision Power Board [ Resend Validation Email ]
Welcome Guest [ Log In · Register ]
Forum Rules HelpSearchMembersCalendar


 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Left 4 Dead is being scrrewy...
Zombie Assassin
Posted: January 15, 2009 04:58 am
Quote Post


Last hope of Mankind
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 645

Joined: October 02, 2006



If I go into a game lobby, its fine, but when I start searching for a server since I'm almost ALWAYS the party leader, Steam disconnects! If I go into a Game In Progress, Im stuck at the loading screen forever!

Can anyone help? I use an Optus Internet, by the way.
PM
Top
mrmicky
Posted: January 15, 2009 10:01 am
Quote Post


The Pwnerer
*******

Group: BB:S Team
Posts: 1397

Joined: September 15, 2006



ZA my suggestion, re-install L4D make sure your steam ports are open, ill put websites to help you out. Usually most peoples problems are fixed with re-installing the game.

This means deleting the local content of the game then going into your directory, C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead <--- delete this. Once that's done you'll notice L4D being un-installed in your steam window. And will have now lost all of it's server files due to deleteing that folder.

PortForward

Read guides on how-to port forward with your Router (model & make)

Left 4 Dead forum

Also browse here with the search button for simmilar happenings.

But sersiouly wait a day before doing anything as the error might be one thousands are getting and they might release a patch soon. If this don't happen i suggest doing the re-install (after you portforward).

//Mrmicky <3

This post has been edited by mrmicky on January 15, 2009 10:01 am


--------------------
User Posted Image

Lightsaver the energy efficient Lightsabre
PMEmail Poster
Top
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll