Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll
[ Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic ]
> Bodies, Add bodies to the maps
Elite viking
Posted: February 03, 2005 05:33 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Group: Old BB:S Betatesters

We are really talking about a city flooded by undead, who kill everything in their way. So it would make some sense having a few zombie corpses lying around by default, indicating struggle. Police\civillian bodies probably wouldnt be there, since the zombies eat them. But zombie corpses, perhaps some more bloodstains, would have been a cool refreshment to the Heavensgate, Carnage, and Slaywatch areas. And the only proper escuse for not doing it that I can see is lack of free time (i know you guys are busy with that RPG, I'll buy it when it comes out ^^). It wouldnt hurt fps and that very much.
PMEmail Poster
zombieslaya
Posted: February 03, 2005 05:41 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

Group: Members

thats a good idea, i was looking at one of the sign models and it has a very dead zombie propped up against it with blood spatterd on the sign, maybe more things like that?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Elite viking
Posted: February 03, 2005 05:42 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Exactly
EDIT: to make it a lot easier, not every corpse have to be made sitting against a wall\being customly made etc. Just place a few unremmovable corpses lying around, showing a bit of resistance.
PMEmail Poster
Radman
Posted: February 03, 2005 06:02 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

meh...

I think dead police/civilians would be around... Think back to resident evil, the corpses which where too badly damaged to reanimate where just rotting in a corner somewhere.

I think it'd be cool to find a Sqaud car with a dead cop next to it.

--------------------
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth...

user posted image

'They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well im going to give them back their hero."
PMEmail Poster
zombieslaya
Posted: February 03, 2005 06:14 pm
Quote Post

Zombie Hunter

QUOTE (Radman @ Feb 3 2005, 06:02 PM)
meh...

I think dead police/civilians would be around... Think back to resident evil, the corpses which where too badly damaged to reanimate where just rotting in a corner somewhere.

I think it'd be cool to find a Sqaud car with a dead cop next to it.

i got a screenshot with a zombie with its torso blown off standing by a cop car, thats right, standing, its a bug i think...

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Elite viking
Posted: February 03, 2005 06:27 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

I said that to avoid getting flamed by zombie know-alls who goes "NO, all dead is devoured." I just want some signs of battle.
PMEmail Poster
Radman
Posted: February 03, 2005 06:30 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

QUOTE (Elite viking @ Feb 3 2005, 06:27 PM)
I said that to avoid getting flamed by zombie know-alls who goes "NO, all dead is devoured." I just want some signs of battle.

True...

What i dont like on some levels is the fact that your weapons are placed in neat little piles. In reality you'd probably find a half empty berretta in the grip of a police officers cold dead hands. Not neatly laid out in a house.

Same goes for military weapons....

If your going to put weapons in a map atleast put them in believable places like in the back of a Army truck/SWAT van.

--------------------

user posted image

'They say people dont believe in heroes anymore... Well im going to give them back their hero."
PMEmail Poster
Immoral Sniper
Posted: February 03, 2005 06:40 pm
Quote Post

The force is strong in me
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

QUOTE (Elite viking @ Feb 3 2005, 11:33 AM)
And the only proper escuse for not doing it that I can see is lack of free time

And entity limits.

What i dont like on some levels is the fact that your weapons are placed in neat little piles. In reality you'd probably find a half empty berretta in the grip of a police officers cold dead hands. Not neatly laid out in a house.

And that has been discussed before.

i got a screenshot with a zombie with its torso blown off standing by a cop car, thats right, standing, its a bug i think...

And that is a bug.

Did I miss anything? cool.gif biggrin.gif And be happy, I resisted my urge to throw this into the User map forum... for now... ph34r.gif

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}
bb_shootingrange {Beta 1}

Threads you should read before posting...
Immoral's List of Things Not to Suggest
Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers
Name (Number of spamming citations issued)

Nikku (3), -KRUX- (2), Mitchell (2), hunter (2), Gneralas (2), CHAY (2), vyvu (2), Rustie1821 (1), w00t (1), dagny (1), Nandu666 (1), The.Raver(1), moecomputer (1), -=Jouni=- (1), santa_kills (1), DarknessGlams (1)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Elite viking
Posted: February 03, 2005 07:10 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Ok, i forgot the entity thingie.... Since when you play the game there are at least 10 bodies around at any given moment, so I guessed it wouldnt be such a problem. But that's me, the gamer with knowledge equal to a zombie about mapping (i know theres something called entity! I R TEH SMARTEH!)
The force is strong in you.... only Yoda has higher suggi-removing factor!
PMEmail Poster
Radman
Posted: February 03, 2005 07:16 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

And that has been discussed before.

Holy hell...

For Christ sake Immoral... I was adding a GENUINE point. I am NOT and REFUSE to run a search for one GOD DAMN post.

I dont care if its been posted before... Deal with it. Its a good enough suggestion and frankly if map authors ignored it then it needed to be posted again...

Honestly...

Sometimes you can drive a man to insanity... Im not a constant spammer... Nor have I spammed on a large scale. I think the forum mods and the fair people who dwell on this forum do not mind me posting a GOOD suggestion, which has been posted in the past.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Elite viking
Posted: February 03, 2005 07:20 pm
Quote Post

Veteran Lord Carnage

Agreed. We need more half-empty guns. One map has it, and it adds a whole new experience... I dont want to make another suggestion topic today (or probably so Immoral wont find it and kill it), so Heres another supersmart idea brought to you by Viking: all guns should start with a bit less than max carriage allows. Say, m16 gets 90 rounds, a Benelli gets 30, a Beretta gets 50 and so on. Adds a little claustrophobic feeling, ( so that picking up a new gun isnt an automatic key to survival)
PMEmail Poster
Immoral Sniper
Posted: February 03, 2005 08:16 pm
Quote Post

The force is strong in me
Group Icon

Group: BB Betatesters

1) You do not have to run a search, it has already been cataloged.
2) Did I say to stop posting about it, no. I just said that that has been discussed before, implying that we need not dwell on it in this thread.
3) I directed nothing AT you and I accused you of nothing, so please do not start getting defensive about all this.

Also, linking would be much, much better than reposting. I have absolutely no problems with linking to an already dicussed topic that pertains to the one at hand, because it elminates the need to redicuss that whole issue, again.

--------------------
BB Maps I've made...
bb_stronghold {Beta 9}
bb_shootingrange {Beta 1}

Threads you should read before posting...
Immoral's List of Things Not to Suggest
Immoral's Mapping Guide

Forum Spammers
Name (Number of spamming citations issued)

Nikku (3), -KRUX- (2), Mitchell (2), hunter (2), Gneralas (2), CHAY (2), vyvu (2), Rustie1821 (1), w00t (1), dagny (1), Nandu666 (1), The.Raver(1), moecomputer (1), -=Jouni=- (1), santa_kills (1), DarknessGlams (1)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
_CiviliaN^SoldieR_
Posted: February 03, 2005 08:17 pm
Quote Post

civilized d00d

Group: Moderators

Don't worry, in my upcoming map, there'll be plenty of dead bodies. wink.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Radman
Posted: February 03, 2005 08:31 pm
Quote Post

Real zombie Nemesis

QUOTE (Immoral Sniper @ Feb 3 2005, 08:16 PM)
2) Did I say to stop posting about it, no. I just said that that has been discussed before, implying that we need not dwell on it in this thread.
3) I directed nothing AT you and I accused you of nothing, so please do not start getting defensive about all this.

Also, linking would be much, much better than reposting. I have absolutely no problems with linking to an already dicussed topic that pertains to the one at hand, because it elminates the need to redicuss that whole issue, again.

Sorry to get snappy...

I've had a god awful day...

It just really GETS to me when people pick at nothing... Its not spam.. and I didnt go off topic.

Anyhow... Thats the end of it.

I cant wait to see more bodies in the maps.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
_CiviliaN^SoldieR_
Posted: February 03, 2005 08:36 pm
Quote Post

civilized d00d

Group: Moderators

QUOTE (Radman @ Feb 3 2005, 07:31 PM)
QUOTE (Immoral Sniper @ Feb 3 2005, 08:16 PM)
2) Did I say to stop posting about it, no.  I just said that that has been discussed before, implying that we need not dwell on it in this thread.

Also, linking would be much, much better than reposting.  I have absolutely no problems with linking to an already dicussed topic that pertains to the one at hand, because it elminates the need to redicuss that whole issue, again.

Sorry to get snappy...

I've had a god awful day...

It just really GETS to me when people pick at nothing... Its not spam.. and I didnt go off topic.

Anyhow... Thats the end of it.

I cant wait to see more bodies in the maps.

I'll add extra bodies, just for your bad day. tongue.gif

Ah just got an idea, i'm also going to add "security systems" ... *kaaboom!* smile.gif

--------------------
User Posted Image
PMEmail Poster
Pages: 123
Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll